Dreaming of Blue Dream
I couldn’t wait for the NYGC to start these seeds, so in they went for an H2O soak on 12/14/20. After 24 hrs, they went into solo cups of coco, worm castings and pearlite, poking their little heads up a couple days later (12/17/20).
I’m going to start these in my Vivosun 4x2 under a ViparSpectra P2000 LED. They’ll end up in my 4x4 Gorilla Grow Tent under an HLG 600 V2 R-spec. I currently use GH Flora Trio nutrients with a steady diet of ReCharge.
These girls (hopefully) are starting to get some leaves. I have one that has a weird bend in her first set of real leaves, and one that is getting a little burn on the tip. I realized as I saw this that I didn’t rebuffer my coco from the previous grow. Although I flushed the last week, previously, I figured this might be the cause, so I immediately flushed with distilled water and then watered with some CalMag and ReCharge. The leaves went kinda lime colored, so my next watering I’ll add a little NPK in there and see if I get get them turned around.
These girls, and I call them girls until the decide to be called otherwise, are doing well. They’re loving their new pots and are stretching well. I did their first topping last night and they seem to be handling the stress okay. I have one phenotype that has a little marbling in the leaves. She doesn’t seem to mind, but I’ll keep an eye on it to make sure it’s not the early signs of nutrient deficiency. This is the same one that had a little bend in her first leaves and she seems to be doing it again, but on two of these plants the leaves, you can see, have a funny “leathery” look to them. (Feed back on this would be greatly appreciated.). I let the humidity go pretty low when my furnace went out over the weekend, but that’s fixed now. Other than that, things are going okay for the Blue Dream.
I trimmed up these dreamy ladies this evening. One of them had the largest fan leaves from any plant I’ve seen at this stage in the game. I guess that means she is doing pretty well. I like to trim off these larger leaves that take up all the nutrients and leave the smaller ones to do the photosynthesis job.
Transplanted these girls into 5 gallon fabric grow bags today. Fed them a little ReCharge and put them back to bed. They’re getting really stretchy. One of them had a little clawing going on. When I pulled them from their 2 gallon plastic pots, they were a little root bound, so hopefully this transplant helps. Overall, I’m very happy with this strain. They’ve been very easy and grow like a weed...lol
i took some clones, so even if they’re males, I’ll probably keep some pollen and try my hand at a bit of breeding. Hoping for girls still, but we’ll see.