Forum

crossbreeding for Tropical conditions (PR)

pablonun
Practicing Grower

My quest started when I decided to move my fruit tree (forbidden fruit X purple punch) from cali connection gold line mother plant outside to flower. As the days went by I saw how pests (whiteflies) tortured this girl to the point of almost no return. Genetics that did really well in environmentally controlled areas, but not so much out of their comfort zone. Realizing how much genetics can impact your grow and the conditions in which you are I decided to work on my own line. I have plans of expanding commercially here in Puerto Rico and one thing I noticed is that every legal grow here is using genetics that are suited for maybe colder dryer climates, this leads them to waste more on trying to replicate environments in an island where power goes out almost every day, temps reach 95 F almost year round and high humidity. 

First I educated myself listening to breeders, online classes and seeing how the industry is moving here in PuertoRico. Then I looked into solid genetics to start with, I wanted whiteflies resistance, High Temp and High Humidity resistance. The first "strain" I got for this project was Crystal (Norther Lights x White Widow) which both are really resistant to pests and did extremely well outside right next to the infested fruit tree (left it next to her to test). Also Crystal is a good looking and terpyy "strain". My only fear is the stretch for indoor. 

At the moment I have cloned the Crystal and moved these inside, and waiting on seedpacks arriving this week..

still haven't tested to see which will be my first cross with the crystal but I got a few genetics from Cannabiogen. let you guys know as I go.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/20/2019 11:01 am

Cannabis Grow 6565132C 07ED 4E15 B1AF F8DC46B77E0D

This is the Crystal doing great outdoors, decided to not transplant her a third time because she was growing to tall and its still sketchy to grow in here😂 but not even a single pest bite/mark. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/20/2019 11:06 am
pablonun
Practicing Grower
clones are growing and seeds have germinated

Cloned the Crystal (WhiteWidow X NorthernLights) female phenotype I prefered, the one that seemed the most pest resistant, which is the main trait im after in this strain while still mantaining good quality and yield in tropical conditions.

Cannabis Grow 4D939D34 D6DA 44FA B633 7B6D3BE510F3
Cannabis Grow 2EC3B259 DEF9 4EE9 92BD EED89282FD4A
Cannabis Grow 2E71A27A 6F46 41CC A012 40AC726F6203

My bad the pictured clone is not crystal thats an Afghan im keeping around for another project, but I have 4 Crystal clones in vegg getting ready to switch, just waiting on my males, ICE (afgani x skunk x northern lights) which has the same pest resistance with a more indica high. Plan is to pollinate 2 Crystal females and wait to collect these.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/29/2019 11:30 am
pablonun
Practicing Grower
uploaded wrong pic but check one of them out today!

just 5 days later from transplant added b-vitamin and fulvic acid before and after to help with the shock, amazing white hairy roots at the bottom of my pot. It feels good to see my chronic fertigating tendencies paying off.

Cannabis Grow F0CD6D96 4D17 46BA AB9E C30967460920
Cannabis Grow 8B4FAC9F 57DB 4754 9B3B 7763E222169B

they are now under painful blurples which im stocked to get rid off and replace with quantum boards. hopefully getting the boards this week for my 10x5 "breeding room" 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/29/2019 11:46 am
pablonun
Practicing Grower

got my new light, decided to get quantum boards for my light source after watching every migro video on lights. Very good growth in just few days since I got it. Seeds have popped and I will vegg for only a week and few days to identify sex quick and I dont need the ICE seedlings to grow that much since im only keeping a male and collecting its pollen. 

Ordered pH pen doc recommended since mine stopped working earlier this week and I've been playing around with my ppm till where the plant has just what it needs. last grows I've had trouble with overfeed. Goal is to not get tip burn😂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 4:02 pm
pablonun
Practicing Grower

Cannabis Grow AAAE8BAC 9CF7 47AB 9E2E 2BDF0ABD03F7
Cannabis Grow 1E5F89FD 7943 4015 AD9C 77D8B7ADFF13
Cannabis Grow A7A60D53 548D 4FE5 B7C7 98ABCF20054E
Cannabis Grow 8E85107E 9765 4FDF 9EA4 D30B317BD29C

forgot to post pics🤦🏻‍♂️

FLIP DAY

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 4:06 pm