Decided to document my second attempt at cloning!
I made a diluted solution of honey and tap water as a rooting horomone.
I boiled my water for a 30 minutes before mixing the honey. The honey brand I chose to use was Pure Michigan Honey.
I took cuttings and snipped unnecessary leaves and at the base of the stem, cut at a 45 degree angle with a sterile razor.
Dipped stems into solution for about two minutes at a time, then stuck them directly into my solo cups full of soil.
On the 4th day I needed to get my clones some humidity! So I created a yanky device, that Im currently still using (ITS AWESOME).
An Amazon box 📦 some plastic wrappings from clothing bought online, a towel, and a plastic food tray lid. Covered the box in plastic...wet the towel and seated it at the bottom of box....put clones inside...misted lid and covered them. 3 days later started to see LIFE! Humidity without misting stays at about 70%.
These are them! Happy and rooting (hopefully). Its been 2 weeks.....gonna wait a few more days before I do a physical lol
Clones have been removed from dome and are doing really good!
At this point I get all "duhhhhh 🥴" because I manage to forget how to care for them when they start rooting. Im organic now....so I gotta mix my soil soon......right now theyre in a regular pot of soil....that should last me 1 month after rooting 🤞
I am very impressed with my cloning success these last two runs.....had tremendous help from a couple growmies and I cant wait to clone again once these are done.
I have a total of 9 clones so far. Intially it was 7, but I cloned my platinum cookie and red Mandarin after I topped. Platinum cookie is a bag seed so Idk of its male or female....lol hopefully I'm not cloning males 😅