CBD heavy first grow!
I am going to post-facto journal my first grow...I was too caught up in getting it going and getting it perfect to journal my mistakes and successes at the time, but now with Coronavirus Quarantine happening there is only so much VPD Micromanagement I can do! The Seedsman sourced seeds were put in warm water on February 17th and popped out of the Jiffy Pellet on Feb 19th! Pictures and updates to come!
Here is a collection of pictures of the first week.
Using RO water from an RO Buddie, under a dome, in my 2x4 vivosun tent under the Kingbrite 240w LED light. I followed the Dr Coco watering and nute schedule to a T and it went really well.
Light was suspended about 36" away at this time, full power, no dimming. We had the "seedling twist" start to happen early so we did the foliar spray of CaliMagic a few times a day until that got straightened out. Apparently the bagged Canna coco I bought wasn't quite buffered enough.
We then had to visit my brother in another city on day 9 so I quickly threw together a quick auto watering system using parts that I had kicking around to get them through the weekend.
Sorry the pics aren't quite in order or rotated correctly...I'm trying to figure out how the system works!
After we got back from our trip to Central Alberta, it was time to pot up from the Solo cups! Day 11 and we went into #1 airpots, and we went straight to auto watering because we don't know what the hell we are doing! We went straight headlong into 5x a day watering and it was wasteful, but it didn't hurt anything pumping that much nute water through! Luckily we have TONS of houseplants to suck up the run off...and they have never been so happy!
So, post transplant it took a few days for the plants to crawl up and over the giant watering ring we put in the tiny #1 airpot!
Next time we will be using inline drippers so that the plants don’t have to climb over and we can actually start LST’ing things earlier. We noticed that either the autoflower genetics of all 3 of these plants were VERY stocky, or we had our 240w QB light a little lower than it needed to be so there was zero stretching.
So we just bit the bullet with our super stocky plants and we started bending them over to LST them! At first it looks like hell, but 4 hours later they look almost recovered, and by the next morning it was hard to tell that we had even been in there!!