Forum

Barneys Farm LSD & Triple Cheese + Light Leak

green285
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Hi all, I was hesitant to post this journal till I fixed my light leak and finally got Triple Cheese to bud. Big thanks to RosettaStoned for troubleshooting my pic by suggesting a light leak on the right side of tent, which it was. The babies are coming around and looking great and should harvest just in time to start the grow challenge.

I've been growing for over 10 years now but I'm far from being an expert. I had used the Hempy Bucket up until last year with great success, a very low maintenance way to grow. I switched to coco/perlite in fabric bags last year and noticed an immediate improvement in yield and quality. This year I have slowly transitioned into following Doc's protocol using all the GH supplemental nutes and fertigating at least twice a day.

My current setup is 2x4x7 tent, HLG 320 xl, 7 gallon fabric pots 3:1 coco/perlite ratio, 6 inch Vivosun carbon filter with Can Max inline fan. I have one grow using this light and I reached over 1g/watt, which is more than I ever pulled with my old 600 watt HPS. I'm really impressed with the even coverage this light gives my 2x4 tent. Here's a pic from my last harvest of Barneys Farm Gorilla Zkittlez.

Cannabis Grow GorillaZkittlez1

My current grow setup: LSD / Triple Cheese (boosted up on right side due to delayed flowering)

Cannabis Grow GrowTentLower
Cannabis Grow GrowTent

Flower Day 20, light leak fixed

Cannabis Grow Day20Flower

Flower Day 30, Triple Cheese elevated 1 foot + supercropping to reach canopy

Cannabis Grow Day30Flower

Flower Day 42, Triple Cheese supercrop all healed, getting smelly

Cannabis Grow Day42Flower

Again big thanks for RosettaStoned, I was about to chop down the Triple Cheese till he helped me diagnose the light leak.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 7:45 am FurrySparkle, Dr Coco and Chefomj liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
green285
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

My nutrient lineup (dry kool bloom not in pic)

Cannabis Grow Nutes

Flower Day 49 LSD, Day 28 Triple Cheese. I plan on flowering the LSD at least 63 days and the cheese 55+ days.

Cannabis Grow Day49Flower

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 6:53 am FurrySparkle liked
green285
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Flower Day 56, showing 80% milky trichomes on Triple Cheese(right side) even tho it's only been flowering 5 weeks. I am going to harvest both at the same time now, both are in the middle of ripening week. Flush comes next week. LSD buds are smelly af and tipping over due to their weight. Some slight burn on the tips of Triple Cheese which came early in flowering I think, I had kind of given up on it but it has produced some rock hard buds with that distinct cheese smell.

Cannabis Grow Day56Flower

LSD

Cannabis Grow LSD Bud

I'm getting strange black edges on the fan leaves only on the very bottom of canopy. I can't remember ever seeing edges black like this on dying fan leaves but I'm not too concerned. Maybe someone can help me diagnose this.

Cannabis Grow DeadLeaf

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/14/2019 10:05 am FurrySparkle liked
green285
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Flushing this week, I will harvest on the weekend. Buds are flopping all over, some pretty heavy foxtailing on the Triple Cheese. I'm not sure if this is from the stress caused by heat, the light leak or just from bulking up really fast. My light was kept at 12 inches throughout flowering and the other LSD plant shows good bud formation but I never monitored temp inside tent. Temp in room was always kept below 80. I will be monitoring temp/humidity on next grow.

Cannabis Grow Day64Flower

Triple Cheese foxtailing

Cannabis Grow TripleCheese2
Cannabis Grow TripleCheese1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/22/2019 7:29 am
green285
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Harvest day 👍 , I think this will beat my last grow

Cannabis Grow Drying

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/25/2019 8:08 am
green285
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

I only got 5 days of drying before I had to trim and bag em. It's very hot and dry here in so cal, 5 days is about my average time to dry. The good news is I hit one pound, 455 grams to be exact which is my best yield by far giving me 1.42 g/watt. The bad news is lots of larfy airy buds from the LSD plant, the Triple Cheese gave me zero larf. I blame this on myself not trimming the lower branches enough. The larfy buds was 125 grams which is over 1/4 of my total weight, way more than I am used to but I'm not complaining 🙂. The Triple Cheese really came thru and bulked up over a short period of 7 weeks flowering giving me 190 grams while the LSD tops gave me 140 grams. I am very pleased with this grow but I still hope to improve in the BTBC which will be my first time topping.

Tree trunks

Cannabis Grow Trunks

Larf!

Cannabis Grow Larf

LSD

Cannabis Grow LSDFinal

Triple Cheese

Cannabis Grow TripleCheeseFinal

@dr-coco

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/29/2019 3:31 pm Nores and Chefomj liked