Bad Girl - The Sequel
My wireless router went out last night so had to buy a new one this morning and now back up. Consequently, I couldn't use my wifi scope to check trichs and the ladies are sleeping now. I did get a few pics. Most of the colas are leaning or laying down. I'm thinking we are close to being done. I'll be checking tonight with the scope to find out. RH is high and doing all I can to keep it down with ac. New dehumidifier may be here Monday or Tuesday.
Ladies are not quite ready yet as I'm seeing no amber trichomes. Most are cloudy so I'm guessing it's just a matter of days before we go to flush. Most of the canopy is now either leaning or laying down. I cleaned the system as is my weekly routine, and hand watered at lights on. I cleaned up the canopy again and removed another bag full of leaves trying to give as much ventilation to the buds as possible. Biologics feeding today as is usual on Mondays. My new dehumidifier just came in this morning so I'll be installing that in the tent at lights on tonight.
I got my dehumidifier in! I found it to be an important addition to the flower tent but I am sure, after running it for a night, that I'm going to have to employ the hose discharge hook up. The reservoir fills before a dark cycle is over so I need more longevity than I'm getting. Ladies are getting close and I'll take another scope tonight.
More ladies are folding on the canopy. Checked trichomes last night and found few amber but not much. Guessing at around 5%. I want to be at least at 10% before going to flush. Dehumidifier has made a big difference in my confidence that the buds are in good shape. I have found that the exhaust fan isn't working as hard and is more triggered by temps than RH when lights are on. Coming down to the last days here and everything is fat and heavy.
Dehumidifier is working well and the ladies are pretty close to the end. I didn't get a chance to check trichomes last night as I was away for most of the evening. Got a few quick photos this morning. I screwed up and didn't put enough nute solution in my res so my 7:30am fertigation didn't happen. Mixed up nutes and added this morning so the 1:00 feeding in the dark will wet the roots down again. I'm guessing that at this late point, missing one fertigation wont be the end of the world. Fat and damned near ripe. I'm ready to get this tent done!
Checked trichomes last night and the ladies are still not quite ready. It seems like the 2 that were mothers are damned close to done with around 10% amber but the #3 pheno has always been slow in growth and seems like it's doing the same thing in finishing. Today is the start of week 10 and I need these ladies to be done now. I still have some flush, chop and dry to do in this tent before the 10/1 flip of my new crop. It's frustrating when the previous grow finished in 9.
I can't seem to get these ladies to finish. Got plenty of amber on the sugar leaves but not so much on the calyxs. Well into week 10 now so I'll keep feeding and checking trichomes daily. I'm so ready for this crop to be done but I can't rush the ripen and wont pull a crop early for the sake of the incoming grow challenge. So, on we go. I'll be doing the normal weekly cleaning or the reservoir and canopy tonight.
Woo Hoo! Finally got to ripe last night. Actually, the 2 mother plants are way ready. The #3 pheno clone is still a little lite on the amber trichomes but I'm making the decision to go to flush at the risk of over ripening the 2 mother plants. Regular nutes res is finishing today at 1:00 feeding and I'll be going to flush at lights on fert at 9. Crazy heavy canopy is actually crushing my airpots. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of weight I end up with on this grow.
Last day of flush and the last day of lights on is now over and the lights will remain off for the next 48 hours to help remove chlorophil before chopping and drying. I'm anxious to get this harvest done as I have my PTGC ladies coming in for the next flower round. It's been an easier flower, knowing how these ladies like it from the last grow. I'm also anxious to see what my yield is under a light mover flower. Lots of fun first here. This will be my last post on this grow for a couple of days. Back Sunday for the chop.
Ladies are out of the dark and most of the harvesting is complete. 2 and a half plants are hung and drying and the rest of the third will go down tonight. Spent the entire day wet trimming to dry but I ran out of time. Eventually, I just cut branches and hung them with what they had on them. Once I get the rest of the last plant off tonight, I'll try to finish wet trim while they are drying. Trying to wrap this grow up as soon as possible as I have new ladies coming in to the tent.
I was fortunate that 2 of my friends came over last night and we worked until midnight or so wet trimming the #3 pheno. All limbs are hanging. Quite a bit of trim yet to do and I expect some will be dry trimmed. I plan to go back into the tent tonight and pull limbs to trim and then return to the tent to continue to dry. Tent temp is still around 75 and RH set on the dehumidifier at 60%. I tilted my 17" end fan up to blow over top of the hangers. I removed the stool my 20" box fan was sitting on and put the box fan on the floor. I turned the speed down to low and it now blows under the hanging limbs. I turned off the 6" clip on fans.