150 gallon no till: 1st run
Roots Organics original for base, then I added some standard amendments. I got bokashi from bokashiearthworks, which has been a major advancement in my soil game.
My grow bed is from Grassroots fabric pots. High quality bed, well crafted.
Once I added my soil, I sprinkled 12 seed cover crop and bokashi. Then a layer of barley straw.
Not sure how well you can see, the picture is the mycelial growth under/around the straw.
The cover crop getting established.
For @chefomj @rosettastoned a lights out picture...
Northern Lights on the left, C-4 on the right
Sorry for the crappy "lights on" pictures. The show is starting to get moving 👍🌱💚
I have the intention to make good, regular journal entries, then life laughs at my plan.
So I'm going to attempt to make up for the last month.
This is C4. Looks funky, at this point cull crosses my kind. But I think that I may need all 4 plants for enough of a harvest based on my previous 5-7gal grows. But I wait to see if she will pull out of it.
Such weird distortion that isn't on the cover crop or any of the 3 other plants.
killer mycelial growth
At this point I haven't added any predators to the soil. Hahaha but I have green mulch and a ton of living soil. So I assume fungus gnats or root aphids are hurting my plants and drench with mammuth p and sm90 (oh I love sm90).
another drench and foliar
This bone head is starting to figure out the roots are drowning. And it's too cold.
I put my exhaust fan on a timer. Warms up but now super humid. I stop watering completely and remove most of the mulch(until I can buy predatory nematodes).
Good dose of the amazing drzymes eliminator foliar spray and soil drench.
Left them alone for a week and let things straighten out.
To be honest my record keeping of my recovery process was lacking. I was a bit discouraged seeing my plants so upset. But despite being discouraged I continued on and they pulled through. Thanks to drzymes eliminator. It's organic, very safe right to harvest. Some even wash their outdoor with it before drying to prevent budrot or PM.
the cheap led is more of a heater than a light lol. The plants are pulling out of the water log.
My battery is about to die, to be continued...
C4 is making buds.
note the short bush in the back. Its Northern lights.
I was doing lst when it turned into hst. Wrong tape on hand, but used what I had. Taped a skewer on for a splint. Seemed ok until I checked 5 hours later and it fell. Thought, oh well if it dries out I'll remove it. As you can see these are resilient plants.
finally got a thermostat for my exhaust fan (after years without)
lights out shot from the doorway. LSD-25 is in the front taking over.
C4 building buds with purple
not the best quality photograph, but a cool picture.