Forum

NYGC Global Cuisine: TN Jeds first timers report...

Page 1 / 2 Next
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
NYGC Global Cuisine: TN Jeds first timers report...

I’ll be growing OG Kush, Super Sour & a bag seed from some very nice commercial that found its way to me from a dispensary.

Move me if needed, I’m the newest of noobs. Have not grown in years but this communities love & support has inspired me.

Dont know how well I’ll do with the pics & updates but look forward to the most loved ladies in the challenge, grown with love of the plant and the community supporting me.

As long as they survive , I’ll be a happy camper and with the love of this awesome community & it’s support.... One day I’ll be pic of the week.

Being my first try in more than a decade, any success is success! All success will go to the community rather then myself.

I plan to start sprout Xmas eve as it’s my gift from the loving folks at CCFC that’s making it possible!

thanks, Je

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/19/2020 7:35 am DrGreenDad, ironman300k, smotpoker and 2 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

Had a set back, room is set, temps/system dialed in then got stuck in hospital 😩

still gotta dial in humidity once I add wet coco and no idea what I’ll do fot filter/exhaust other than standard bathroom exhaust fan and I’ve got my auto water rings but limited budget means a piece or two a month, still need submerged pump, air stone, air pump and tubing so it’ll be hand watering several times a day to kick it of...

im still on track b4 New Years, I think I’m switching strains though, had a couple new seeds arrive that sounded more appealing... I’ll finalize decisions and sprout this week. Will still be autos, strains mix might land me in 2 different categories though... Either wat, beautiful lady flowers are bealady flowers so it’s all noodle in my book.

Trying to grow one for the wife & one for myself... As long as hers does well I’m a happy grower, Sorry ,bout the delay.

sad thing I’ve figured out is my tablet don’t zoom out (wide angle) for good overall pics, gonna dig out an old phone that might do better angles but crappy megapixel shots... Either way, pics & updates to come in next couple days soon as I can get home 🤞😩🤞

Best of luck to everyone & happy growing!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/27/2020 7:26 am DrGreenDad, ironman300k, smotpoker and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

Had many setbacks but I’m started, was a day late cause I was stuck in hospital 🙁

After way too much reading (my hard drive doesn’t have much free space) and after a “gift of seed” I’ve switched my plans up a bit. I’m still gonna grow two autoflower s and gonna give a this’d a try at the solo cup challenge.

After  way too much thinking I’ve started 3 seeds... Carmelisious, WW/BB & OG Kush. Haven’t decided who will land in the solo and who in the pots yet. I guess jiffy pots and the chat support will help decide that in a couple weeks or so.

Thanks for all the help folks! Couldnt/wouldn’t be doing it without you... 🤞I have a fraction of the success I’ve see you folks share in the chat & forum...

still need to come up with an auto eater system & an exhaust but till then will just be a bit more hands on experience.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2021 3:50 am DrGreenDad and ironman300k liked
+ Show 1 comments
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
More setbacks but not giving up, even going that extra mile 🧐

Soaked and papered my seeds, about 8 hours latter was returned to ER and stuck back in the hospital.... the next day had my wife bring my seed heat pad, jiffy greenhouse and half gal of distilled water 😫

My paper towels had dried, no seeds sprouted. I soaked an hour and returned to paper towels on the seed mat at 86 f growing in my drawer of Theo little side table.

24 hours later I had 2 seeds sprout root, Seed A 1/2 inch root, Seed B 1/4 inch root and Seed C justa speck of white (I think).

Transferred to jiffy pods and back in the drawer for 24 hours darkness. Then added 2x (blue harbor freight free flashlights) on top of greenhouse at 18/6 and closed up the drawer. 
temos in the drawer are 76is and humidity 53%. 
24 hours later no change... 24 hours after that I think 2 seeds can be seen poking through top of the jiffy peat.

I have a couple tests and X-rays today to determine if/when I can go home but I’ve done my best to dumb down and write out a guide of what I need the wife to do just in case I can’t go home I’m sending seeds, etc home tonight or tomorrow morning  if I can’t go home just yet... Good things there’s no funk at the seedling stage 😂

if I don’t get sprouts or some progress in the next 24-48 hours I’ll be starting over scuffing, soaking and paper toweling a new batch of seeds...

I Really hope something happens and I just end up with a slow started/stunted beginning. If not I guess I’ve missed the start cutoff and will have to withdraw from the challenge and just hope like hell I can get something going to at least get me some much needed meds.

p.s. I’ve really missed you guys in the chat but the hospital has some sort of wifi block that won’t let me connect to chat, it’s just stuck in a constant loading stage 😩

Really hope everyone else is of to a great start with their grow & best of luck to you all!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2021 7:07 am DrGreenDad and ironman300k liked
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
More setbacks but not giving up, even going that extra mile 🧐

Soaked and papered my seeds, about 8 hours latter was returned to ER and stuck back in the hospital.... the next day had my wife bring my seed heat pad, jiffy greenhouse and half gal of distilled water 😫

My paper towels had dried, no seeds sprouted. I soaked an hour and returned to paper towels on the seed mat at 86 f growing in my drawer of Theo little side table.

24 hours later I had 2 seeds sprout root, Seed A 1/2 inch root, Seed B 1/4 inch root and Seed C justa speck of white (I think).

Transferred to jiffy pods and back in the drawer for 24 hours darkness. Then added 2x (blue harbor freight free flashlights) on top of greenhouse at 18/6 and closed up the drawer. 
temos in the drawer are 76is and humidity 53%. 
24 hours later no change... 24 hours after that I think 2 seeds can be seen poking through top of the jiffy peat.

I have a couple tests and X-rays today to determine if/when I can go home but I’ve done my best to dumb down and write out a guide of what I need the wife to do just in case I can’t go home I’m sending seeds, etc home tonight or tomorrow morning  if I can’t go home just yet... Good things there’s no funk at the seedling stage 😂

if I don’t get sprouts or some progress in the next 24-48 hours I’ll be starting over scuffing, soaking and paper toweling a new batch of seeds...

I Really hope something happens and I just end up with a slow started/stunted beginning. If not I guess I’ve missed the start cutoff and will have to withdraw from the challenge and just hope like hell I can get something going to at least get me some much needed meds.

p.s. I’ve really missed you guys in the chat but the hospital has some sort of wifi block that won’t let me connect to chat, it’s just stuck in a constant loading stage 😩

Really hope everyone else is of to a great start with their grow & best of luck to you all!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2021 7:07 am DrGreenDad, ironman300k, smotpoker and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

Had 2 /3 seeds break ground, no leaves yet but you can see green lol

Heading home from hospital tomorrow afternoon/evening.  Plants will be in a better environment...

Maybe I’ll win the title of growing the best Charlie Brown Xmas tree cannabis plants 😂

if you can’t laugh about it, it’ll drive you insane 😩

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2021 1:43 am DrGreenDad, ironman300k, CrackBabies and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

Sad to say thins are going so hot...

Started Jan 1st just before midnight. 6-8 hours later I’m being admitted to hospital... By the time I remembered they needed looking after and had dried in the paper towels for almost 2 days. Late night Jan 3rd wife brought the jiffy greenhouse, seed heating mat, 2 harbor freight led flashlights and distilled water. I started over kinda... 

I soaked seeds an hour then paper towels, 2 days later 2 seeds had root, 3rd looked like a root was trying to beak out... I put all 3 in jiffy, heat mat to 86 f and put in darkness another 24 hours then started flashlights at 18/6 (those lil blue free flashlights, think it’s 20 led per light.... So now... here is where I stand. The plants are home, under their Mars lights and temp/humidity more controlled. 
I think to play it safe I’m gonna start one more seed tomorrow, it’ll be a week behind the others but I’ve got a feelin 1 or 2 will not make it and they are th2 I wanted most 

Cannabis Grow A6AE08FF 210A 482A B2B3 BDE2C6A2699C

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/13/2021 1:46 am DrGreenDad and ironman300k liked
+ Show 1 comments
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

Not much change, 1 out of 3 seems to be ok, a 2nd may have a chance at a late start...

this is definitely not the results I had built my expectations on 😢 but I’ve not yet begun to fight!!!

im gonna start 1 or 2 seeds tomorrow (my last hope before I have to order seeds)... if #2 looks like it’s gonna do something after another 24 hours I’ll just sprout 1 more seed, if it still looks as is, I’ll sprout 2.... 

Ive looked at a few of the grow logs, you guys have put me to same but that’s ok... I’m sooooo glad to see the success some of you broke through the starting line with, good luck! And happy growing

Cannabis Grow 3D53CE81 AC1E 4ECA B1F8 50AD8F2D05AF

Cannabis Grow 3CC53DBF BDAB 4206 9D82 A66F939E020A

Cannabis Grow F9173285 2E92 4A38 8EE7 6D7239A5E6CE

Cannabis Grow CE0E727B 5151 4BC3 9BF2 010238B730EE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/14/2021 2:28 am DrGreenDad, ironman300k and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 1 comments
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

Well.... looks like phase one is a bust... It was suggested that my jiffy greenhouse was a little on the wet side... I turned the life sideways for 6-8 hours came back and thev1 out of 3 that was growing now looked dead lol 😩..... if I don’t  laugh I’ll have to cry 😂
So I dropped 3 more seeds and of course I didn’t give up on her... gave her some water put lid back on and dimmed the grow light aboutv10%...about 30 hours later she has perked up a bit but her leaves look shellshocked!

Also so far there is no fert usage, just straight distilled water... ph & ec checked and where it should be.

Ise there any decent hope or just scrap hard and keep chugging along?

Cannabis Grow 80A3631A 3D5D 4DA0 BA34 5DA88981010E

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/17/2021 11:32 pm DrGreenDad, smotpoker and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 1 comments
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
Mines gone to shit... started with 1 out of 3 growing then user error I took it close to death but she is a strong one for sure and still hanging in...
humidifier crapped out & didn’t have a back up, new one arrives tomorrow... 2nd set of 3 seeds, took almost 48 hours to get root tail, and very small and fragil looking... only 2 out of 3 sported this time but I still got fingers crossed... I’m considering starting a couple bag seed finds but my luck, would be males lol.
Glad to see the rest of you doing well... Gives me high hopes, I think I just went at it wrong and used posts & articles rather than any of the common since growing skills that’s filled my garden 20+ years lol
ill get it sorted... just need the right mix of old school/new school that works for me...
Thanks!,! For all the support folks, I’ll get there but will be with the help of you fine folks 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/20/2021 4:28 am DrGreenDad liked
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
Next 3 I planted were ww/bb northern snowstorm and super sour...

I’ll keep you guys posted on these too.. been almost 48 hours, have 2 with tiny tails, wife said 3rd looked cracked but I didnt se it) but I’m also half blind lol...

time will tell

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/20/2021 4:31 am DrGreenDad, HempWithGg and CrackBabies liked
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

Things started out on a uphill fight from the start but I’ve got 1 that arose from the dead so I’m still showing her love lol

Cannabis Grow 9CDB1EB1 FF0D 43DF A280 1A11C0E704DF

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 3:35 am DrGreenDad and CrackBabies liked
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

Round 1 didn’t go so well but at least 1 is still trying... this is the reboot version 1.5 lol

Cannabis Grow 4BDEDA2E 7A3B 4849 9FAE BEA00F7A6A37

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2021 3:20 am DrGreenDad and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 1 comments
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

ok... we are chugging along... 1 plant 4-5 weeks * 4 are 5 days and 2 are 2 days

Cannabis Grow BA8EB58B D616 4CBD 811B 7FFB2F1AF728
Cannabis Grow 8DBE1A7F 772A 4927 B940 E633318CE2F1
Cannabis Grow 51974B05 86B7 4048 863A 521F9B1FB857
Cannabis Grow D0617DBA A041 4607 A559 E5C51F0ABE89

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2021 3:53 am DrGreenDad and CrackBabies liked
TN Jed
  TN Jed
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

I’m still chugging along, gonna transplant soon, things seem to be stalling for some reason... But as long as she’s green, she is growing lol

Cross your fingers for me folks,.. I need these plants to produce!!!

Cannabis Grow 14566304 46EE 4C7F B405 E7C6C22A016A
Cannabis Grow 29C30D80 DA4F 4168 A287 6B66FBA1760B

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/14/2021 3:18 am DrGreenDad liked
+ Show 1 comments
Page 1 / 2 Next