Forum

NYGC Global Cuisine: Hindu Kush Auto

Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows
NYGC Global Cuisine: Hindu Kush Auto

I have 2 Hindu Kush auto seeds given to me by Captain.  I've never grown autos before so this challenge will truly be a challenge for me.  Away we go!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/22/2020 12:30 pm ironman300k, QuabbinDude and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 4 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

Got home late from out club's NYE party and was reminded by Bbuds420 that I hadn't dropped my beans...lol.  So, I poured some RO into 2 shot glasses, added a few drops of Orca, and dropped my 2 seeds without scuffing, at 2am.  I didn't scuff cause I wasn't waiting up for them and headed to bed.  This morning, I pulled the shot glasses off of the heat mat and the seeds were still floating.  I put them into paper towel and into plastic tupperware containers and on to the heat mat. I have seedlings in the same dome so hoping the heat is right for inside the container.  Heat setting for the dome is 80F.  We are off and running.  I'll drop pics as soon as there is something worth showing 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2021 9:32 am ironman300k and BBudz420 liked
+ Show 1 comments
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

Not a good day for this crop so far.  I had one crack and give me a radicle so I put it in rockwool.  It looked like she was coming up quickly with a helmet head.  I tried to remove the seed casing and pulled it out of the rockwool.  I don't know if there's enough root to recover but put it back in the rockwool.  I haven't had a chance to check today but the second seed hasn't cracked as of last night.  Bummed about this start.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210104 003549148

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2021 7:54 am ironman300k liked
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

I sure was surprised last night when I got home.  I checked my seedlings, expecting this sprout to be toast.  To my surprise, she was green and rising with her helmet half hanging off of her.  I swear there was only an eighth of an inch of radicle still sticking out when I put it back in the rockwool.  Great White is incredible.

With that said, the grow is definitely on.  I checked on the second seed and still not cracked.  I'm not holding out much hope for it, but I've been surprised with this grow already.  Started feeding .4ec and 5.9pH.  Still under blurple until I pot up.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210104 221227668

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2021 7:57 am ironman300k, BBudz420 and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 1 comments
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

It looks like I might only get one of these seeds to go.  The second is still sitting on the heat and dormant.  At least the little gal I thought I had killed is up and making a life for herself.  Fertigating at .4ec and 5.9pH. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210106 012404193

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 1:19 pm ironman300k liked
+ Show 2 comments
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

I wasn't liking the continued time in the dome and the lack of progress, so I potted up to solo.  I know the general consensus it to go straight to finals but I didn't have the coco ready for 5 gals and wanted to do something quickly.  I'll watch it closely and pot up to finals as soon as possible.  fertigating at .4ec and 5.9pH. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210108 194254781 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2021 1:01 pm ironman300k and OldWoman liked
+ Show 1 comments
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

It's not looking very promising for my only lady in this category.  She's got brown spots and does not seem to be growing at all.  I have no experience with autos so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  It's obvious that I'm failing miserably with this particular grow.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210111 021925439

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2021 6:43 am ironman300k liked
+ Show 2 comments
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

I was not holding out much hope for this little gal but she seems to be moving a bit and showing that she wants to stay with us.  I'm thrilled to see some positive growth on her when it was looking pretty bleak.  Still feeding at .4ec as I'm not sure she could handle anything more at this time.  Hoping to see more progress. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210113 073029114 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/13/2021 7:22 am ironman300k and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 1 comments
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

I have bumped the ec up to .5 as a slower progression to getting this gal up to speed.  She's not setting the world on fire by any means but I can't stay at .4.  I'll be bumping again to .6 over the weekend.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210115 005049875

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/15/2021 8:43 am
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

Not much seems to change on this little one so I'm not sure what to do with her.  I do know that I can't be making special nutrient solutions for individual plants so she's getting the same progression as the other ladies who were germinated at the same time.  Ec is not increased to .8 while pH is 6.0

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210117 142324137 HDR
Cannabis Grow IMG 20210117 142220864 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/17/2021 12:44 pm
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

This is the "close to death" post.  I don't like the way this plant looks and really don't see any way that this becomes a viable plant to flower.  It has terrible structure and still see no serrated leaves.  I hate giving up on a grow but there comes a time to cut bait and live with the losses.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210119 075617094 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/19/2021 8:04 am CrackBabies liked
+ Show 1 comments
Choo
  Choo
Honorable Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

This grow is officially over.  I couldn't get the genetic defect of a plant to straighten out.  No sense wasting nutes and time on her.  I pulled from the garden and she is gone.  I did what I could but I can't fix genetics.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/20/2021 8:35 am Greengirl liked
+ Show 2 comments