Forum

NYGC Global Cuisine: Apex x Blue Hawaii

Page 2 / 3 Prev Next
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

So this is a weird one. Shes hooked up to auto water every 5 hours. There is a filter in the line so shouldnt be depositing material. Res is measuring at 600 ppm around 5.8 ph. Runoff is reading 1200 ppm and 7 ph. Extra strange since I just flushed. No nee signs of lockout but very concerning.

Only thing I can think is the microbes are breaking down the sand at an alarming rate. Microbes live sand and it's full if minerals. My watering stake is alittle long for the small pot and was watering straight out the bottom if the pot so I had it out of the sand a bit so it was working as more if a sprayer then watering internally. I cut the stake down so it better fit and hoping that helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/19/2021 1:46 pm
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

So this is a weird one. Shes hooked up to auto water every 5 hours. There is a filter in the line so shouldnt be depositing material. Res is measuring at 600 ppm around 5.8 ph. Runoff is reading 1200 ppm and 7 ph. Extra strange since I just flushed. No nee signs of lockout but very concerning.

Only thing I can think is the microbes are breaking down the sand at an alarming rate. Microbes live sand and it's full if minerals. My watering stake is alittle long for the small pot and was watering straight out the bottom if the pot so I had it out of the sand a bit so it was working as more if a sprayer then watering internally. I cut the stake down so it better fit and hoping that helps.

I went ahead and mixed up my week 3 nutrient mix. I'm going to try to stretch this one by opening the jar less. I'm learning the more contact the solutions have with air the faster they go bad. I opened my week 1 alot prior to getting my auto water set up and it went bad in about a week after I started using it. 

I raised the bokashi content and left the nutes similar with some added comfrey leaf. This will let my bokashi do more of the work then it has been doing and I'll use less of the concentrate. I'm making plenty of bokashi juice now. 

Week 3 mix 

• 20ml Bokashi Juice
  • 1 TBS insect frass
  • 2 tsp dried comfrey leaf
  • 1 tsp PK kelp mix
  • 1 tsp crab meal
  • 1 tsp fish bone meal 
  • 1 tsp diatom earth 
  • Pinch of Epsom salt
  • 1 Tbs Molasses
ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/19/2021 2:09 pm
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Ran some more nutes through her with the shorter stake buried in the sand took readings of 850ppm and low 6 ph so if i can get similar readings tomorrow then I think I've found the solution.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/19/2021 2:21 pm
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

2000 ppm runoff this morning. Dead convinced it's the sand washing out and then breaking down as it sits in the tray with the bokashi enzymes raising the ph in the catch the tray.  Cleaned all the sand out and added a bunch of coco and pumice on top to fully bury the watering stake. Now deciding if I want the sand on top of that or make a lid. Itll be bug city with that bokashi and open coco. I'll get readings tonight and tomorrow morning to see if that has worked then decide how to cover the pot.

Cannabis Grow 20210220 104515

Topped off the rez with 1 gal of fish water with 1/2q of the week 2 blend and 20 ml fresh Bokashi. 550ppm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/20/2021 12:32 pm
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Getting alittle pigment back, growing at a decent pace. No signs of burning or lock out. I'm going raise the nutrient levels when I change the res this weekend. I'll start using the full quart of bokashi tea with 1 gallon of fish water and some fresh bokashi juice. I've decided to mix the week 4 without the insect frass and I'm going to put the insect frass in a filter bag inside the res so I can get the fresh bacteria from it. I've come to the realization that by putting the frass in the fermenting jar I'm probably killing off that good bacteria I want.

I'd love to get alittle more chlorophil in those leaves to sustain through bloom so really need to push her nitrogen levels now and hope I can get her to darken back up. 

Cannabis Grow 20210226 120458

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/26/2021 1:15 pm BBudz420 liked
+ Show 1 comments
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Considering the speed bumps I'm really happy with where she is at. The new growth has decent pigment I dont expect the older leaves to add chlorophyll at this point but they havent faded much either. The flower development isnt bad for being just shy of 3 weeks. I dont want to get my hope's up to high but it's looking like I'm getting this dialed in.

Cannabis Grow 20210307 231234

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2021 5:09 pm BBudz420 liked
+ Show 5 comments
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Dug out my old lighting equipment to get an accurate depiction if her color for you guys.

Cannabis Grow 20210309 172542

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2021 6:29 pm
+ Show 2 comments
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Woke up to clawing this morning. Seeing the ec and ph spikes in the run off again. I'm blaming the insect frass float. I think it built up too much over the week and depositing in the coco. I'd like to use the frass but brewing it isnt working, considering a small top dress in the future. Flushed her with bokashi and myco and changing the res a day early. 

Shes been holding her color pretty steady since her first bout with the ph/ec spike but flower growth seems on track, considering. If I can get her through this without additional chlorosis she should be ok.

The good news is I think I'm getting this dialed in and feeling about ready to cut some clones for a full run when she finishes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/13/2021 2:52 pm
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Woke up to clawing this morning. Seeing the ec and ph spikes in the run off again. I'm blaming the insect frass float. I think it built up too much over the week and depositing in the coco. I'd like to use the frass but brewing it isnt working, considering a small top dress in the future. Flushed her with bokashi and myco and changing the res a day early. 

Shes been holding her color pretty steady since her first bout with the ph/ec spike but flower growth seems on track, considering. If I can get her through this without additional chlorosis she should be ok.

The good news is I think I'm getting this dialed in and feeling about ready to cut some clones for a full run when she finishes.

ReplyQuote
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

ReplyQuote
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Well definitely experiencing some major Chlorosis. Not sure what my plan is with her as of now. Flower growth isnt awful but I'm really doubting she is going to be able to stay on track if she loses any more chlorophyll. The terp profile is spectacular. Very tart and floral. Since I dont have a clone I'm debating between letting her finish and clipping the bud to save the genetics by tissue culturing her while that tissue is still relatively healthy.

Cannabis Grow 20210319 200155

Either way I feel like despite the results there are successes here. I started this experiment expecting to encounter these kinds of issues but I feel like I've found what works and what doesnt.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/19/2021 9:55 pm CrackBabies and BBudz420 liked
+ Show 2 comments
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Well she's still going. Amazing to watch really. My new bokashi bin was too dry and not giving me the juice I need and my other bin is at the end of the cycle so I just let her to go 2 weeks on the same res. I love her fighting spirit. She spit out new leaf material with a quickness flower growth has definitely stalled but she's getting frosty and smells amazing.

She's got that tart almost stings the nose sour lime fragrance with some sweetness underneath. Definitely more of the Apex flavor profile coming through so far. Both the parents have late onset funk so should be fun to see if she gets some of the gas or skunk/cheese at the end like they do.

Cannabis Grow 20210402 104030

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2021 12:39 pm BBudz420 liked
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Well she's plumped up quite a bit and getting real frosty.

Cannabis Grow 20210409 105032

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2021 12:34 pm HempWithGg liked
+ Show 1 comments
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

She's getting close. I'm going to flip her to 18/6 to see if I can get alittle more bulk in the last week. This will also give me an idea if she is herm prone like her pollen donor. Luckily I don't have anything else flowering so if she does pop a nanner, no biggie not enough time to make seeds.

Cannabis Grow Image 2021 04 10 13 28 05 828

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2021 3:00 pm
Grahem_Guy_Grow
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Defoliated. Still no signs of herm so threw alittle more stress at her. 

Cannabis Grow 20210416 113552

Getting some amber trichs. She's almost ready.

Cannabis Grow Image 2021 04 16 11 32 24 542
Cannabis Grow Image 2021 04 16 11 33 23 852

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/16/2021 12:41 pm BBudz420 liked
Page 2 / 3 Prev Next