Forum

NYGC Global Cuisine: African Orange Glue

CannAdvocate
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

3rd grow,first Grow Challenge! I‘ve been a long time lurker and can’t wait to get started on my first Grow Challenge, to learn and grow together.  I broke into my seedbank and couldn’t figure out what I wanted to grow, or which category to enter and then I came across this little gem, African Orange Glue by Equilibrium Genetics.  This box was a gift from a friend, so I thought it would be perfect to give it a shot.  Anyway, as the name suggests, it could fit into a number of challenge categories, so I decided to sprout three seeds and grow them individually for three categories; Fruit Salad (Orange is a fruit), Color Diet (orange is also a color), and Global Cuisine (that better be self-explanatory).  While each of these plants will be grown in the same tent, I plan on starting and growing each plant for their specific category,  keeping track of, photographing and journaling each plant separately.  I hope to see all of your great work as the challenge progresses.  All the best, -The Advocate

SET-UP:

Veg Tent- Spider Farmer 4x2 with an AC Infinity S4  exhaust fan and Spider Farmer SF2000 LED

Flower Tent- Gorilla Grow Tent 4x4 with AC Infinity T6 intake and exhaust fan, and an HLG 600 R-spec LED

Media- Wondersoil Coco Coir with earthworm castings, coffee grounds & pearlite

Nutrients- GH Flora Trio & ReCharge

Cannabis Grow 0CD41C4E 57AB 4B6C A5B1 BA6FCD07FC61
Cannabis Grow F29BAF36 79FB 47FE 9112 1C424325717C

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/20/2020 2:18 pm ironman300k, dkzoo, Choo and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
CannAdvocate
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

And so it begins!  I let the seeds soak overnight and washed and buffered the coco with a little CalMag and ReCharge.  Then just before midnight eastern, dropped in the little ones and gently tucked them in for a wee nap.

Cannabis Grow D76DC095 5C36 4567 97CD BF288AF4D4B7

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2020 10:16 pm ironman300k liked
+ Show 1 comments
CannAdvocate
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Her other sisters have already popped their heads through.  Did a light watering around the humidity dome to encourage a little moisture.  My furnace went out today, too, which is always awesome. 😞 So I placed her on a seed mat in another tent, hopefully the heat from my light and being in with the others will keep her warm enough.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2021 9:25 pm ironman300k liked
+ Show 1 comments
CannAdvocate
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Thanks for all the grower’s love!  My Global Cuisine entry is struggling along.  While the other seeds had popped, this little one kinda got a kink in her system, as you can see from the photo attached.  While I did pop one additional seed for emergencies, I’m gonna stick with her for a while and see if she’ll straighten up.  Maybe a toothpick or two to help her out.  I have issues giving up on ones so little.  My last photo plant that started out a little stunted, produced the best buds of the whole crop.  So I’ll give her a week or so and see what she does.

Cannabis Grow image

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 7:07 pm ironman300k liked
+ Show 1 comments

Cannabis Grow 2FC53AB1 6B45 4491 A033 09054F52E48F

So I propped her up to get her out of the dirt.  She came up a little crooked, but I’ll fix that when I transplant in another week or so.  Other than that, she’s healthy and happy.  Started in 1/4 strength nutes last night so we’ll see how she responds.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2021 6:15 pm ironman300k liked
+ Show 2 comments
CannAdvocate
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

I set up a new tent this weekend.  It’s a 5x5 with a 48” rolling shelf along one side with two KindLED X80 lights under two of the shelves for vegging and a spider Farmer SF4000 on the other side. Should be a good setup.

Cannabis Grow 90F5C3E4 648A 4032 BFE0 38079E6BC1F8

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/17/2021 9:55 pm
+ Show 2 comments

Transplant out of the Solo Cup!  These girls are doing really well.  Since this one has had a little slow start and all twisted, I buried her a little deep in the coco and she seems to be happy in her new 1 gallon pot.  I usually wait longer to flip  than most with photoperiod plants,  it since we all flip at the same time, I think I’ll go from this 1 gallon pot to a 5 gallon fabric pot, a week or two before we flip.  All in all things are going well.  My extra plant seems to be the biggest and bushiest, but they’re all healthy and happy.

Cannabis Grow DB2562FD 6B63 4F99 AE5D C8CFF478749E
Cannabis Grow 23405771 43BE 41B1 9402 CC6DC69B7975

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/23/2021 6:05 pm
+ Show 1 comments
CannAdvocate
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

“Let it grow, let it grow! Can’t hold her back anymore.” ☃️

Sorry, I couldn’t resist, but tell me, you were singing it in your head, and if you weren’t, you are now!  I love to see things grow, and this little girl is no exception.  After the 1st transplant, this little one is really filling in the pot.  After kind of a rough start for this one, being a little stilted, I bumped up the nutrients, cranked up the lighting and she’s really stretching her little legs.  

Cannabis Grow D4654CCE F8A7 4676 8550 8E7D015F3DB9

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/27/2021 4:49 am
+ Show 2 comments