SAFC Galaxies: Forbidden Runtz Auto by 420 FastBuds

Page 1 / 4 Next
Choo
  Choo
Prominent Member Group Leader
Proven Grower
Completed Grows
SAFC Galaxies: Forbidden Runtz Auto by 420 FastBuds

Welcome all the BIG SPACE growmies!  Off on another fun challenge in the CFC world.  I had the idea that I was just going to grow out photos as I usually do, but grow challenges are all about stretching your horizons and doing things you might not normally do.

With that in mind and only 1 auto grow under my belt, I decided to go with autos at the last minute.  I really had no time to get seeds and all I had in possession were photoperiod seeds.  I brought up the website for my local seed dealer (hour away) and decided on these Forbidden Runtz autos.  They are supposed to get large and have very good production at around 25% cannabinoids.

My grow space in my new Mars 5x5 tent that is located in a completely dark room with no windows.  I really don't trust a Mars tent to flower without light leaks but, in this environment, it will work.  I have my new Fold 8 light installed and will be seeing how well she does a complete run.  I'll be growing 4 plants in that 5x5 so it will likely get pretty crowded.  I'm ready for the grow!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/15/2021 3:07 pm smotpoker liked
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows
Forbidden Runtz Auto by 420 FastBuds

Forgot the picture.  Hell of a start.  lol

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210414 201735286

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/15/2021 3:09 pm smotpoker liked
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Just hours away from the kickoff now.  Earlier, I realized that my heat mat is under my Darkstar clones and no time to pot them up before SAFC.  Called my "go to" grow shop, Capital City Grow and they had heat mats and propagation domes in stock.  I ran my butt down and picked those up, along with a sheet of rockwool cubes and cube tray.  I got the heat mat on with the shot glasses all lined up for the new babies.  I pHd a tub of water down to 5.5 and added some Orca to the mix.  Also added 2 drops of Orca to each shot glass of RO water.  This is my usual procedure for germ.  Seeds are ready to go.  Just waitin' on the clock now!  I hope this is a killer grow for all our growers but especially the Galaxies!

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210419 194707083

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/19/2021 5:02 pm smotpoker and OrganicAutosMi liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

At midnight, my beans hit the water.  I scuffed them all first with my little sandpaper tube, soaked for 3 hours, then into paper towel, tupperware container and on the heat mat.  I covered the container with a towel to keep light out.  Now the wait for cracking and tails.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/20/2021 6:22 am smotpoker and OrganicAutosMi liked
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I just checked on the beans for a second time.  They've now been in the paper towels and on the heat mat for 42 hours.  I've got 3 cracked with little to no tail and 2 not cracked at all.  I covered all up and back on the heat.  This is not a good start.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/21/2021 7:31 pm smotpoker liked
+ Show 1 comments
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I got a bit frustrated last night.  I checked again after 68 hours I found one viable seed with tail, a second one with a very small tail, a third that was cracked but nothing else, and 2 still uncracked.  I decided to throw them all into the rockwool cubes and see what makes it.  I'm getting prepared to drop more seeds as these damn auto seeds don't seem to want to germ.  I've never had this much problem with photos.  I'll check today to see if any of them have poked their heads above the surface.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/23/2021 6:08 am smotpoker liked
+ Show 1 comments
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I'm feeling pretty shitty about this grow so far.  I dropped 5 seeds on 4/20 and, as of today, I have one that is just coming above ground.  Total fail.  I'm going to fire up 5 more seeds today in hopes that I can somehow get 3 more viable seedlings.  Based on the last 5, I'll likely end up with 2.  I germed like I have for many grows of photos.  I've always been in the 80-90% germ rate.  This is just plain disheartening.  On we go with another 5 and crossing fingers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2021 11:26 am smotpoker liked

Hope the germ rates pick up brother! Thats disheartening! 

Life's a garden, dig it, make it work for you.~ JoeDirt
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2021 2:56 am John_334 and Choo liked
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I've got one viable seedling from the initial drop.  Last night at 6, I dropped my second package of 5 seeds.  I'm using the same procedure as before, which is my standard germination routine I've always used in the past.  Beans are in paper towel on the heat mat as I write this.  Praying that at least 3 of them make it to seedling status.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210424 175941958

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2021 8:08 am takjr1976 and OrganicAutosMi liked
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I checked my new seeds at 24 hours and saw no movement at all.  I checked at 36 hours and saw the same.  Back on the heat they went and at 48 hours, I had cracked seeds.  One with a decent tail on her and the other 4 were iffy.  I had my rockwool plugs soaking in a mixture of RO water and Orca, pH'd down to 5.5.  I cut open the plugs and dusted the interior with Great White before adding the cracked seeds.  It was another 24 hours before any of them got above the plugs.  2 were up last night and today a third and a 4th looking like it was trying but just couldn't get up.  I, gently, moved the seed a bit with my nute dropper end and the seed casing moved.  I wiggled it off and it looks like she may be viable as well.

So, I'm much happier with the second drop with 4 of 5 above the ground without helmets 🙂

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210428 113426067

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/28/2021 10:53 am John_334, BBudz420 and OrganicAutosMi liked
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I've been crazy busy trying to harvest my Cotton Candy in the flower tent and haven't posted on this grow lately.  Sadly, not much has changed.  I'm doing all I can for them and I'm getting almost no growth.  I'm hoping it all comes around but this just seems to be crazy slow, just like their germination.  On goes the grow!

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210501 173314111 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2021 12:02 am OldWoman liked
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Not much happening here.  lol.  This stage always seems slow but this time, for some reason, it's feeling like it's creeping.  The first set of leaves is coming in but slowly.  It does look like I'll have 5 viable plants that will likely make it to flower.  I have 5 up now and would love to have the luxury of making a choice on which one to cull.  I'll be flowering 4 in this tent.  Moving the Fold 8 back in tomorrow night as the problem is solved in the flower tent and I'm blowing breakers in there.  I'm hoping to get a bit more growth before potting up but I'll check roots tomorrow.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210501 173314111 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2021 11:06 pm takjr1976 and OldWoman liked
+ Show 1 comments
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I think this is a bit out of the norm for a good grow.  I'm getting no movement and really expect them all to puke out.  I'm so pissed at 420fastbuds for this crap genetics.  I mixed up some new nutes with a boost of Rapid Start and Orca.  I watered them with the new nutrient mix and will see if that does anything.

In the mean time, I'm going through my seeds on hand and see that I have a 2 pack of Trizzlers from Twenty20 Mendocino.  I think I'll drop those seeds today and see if I can get something growing.  I'm not holding out much hope for these Runtz.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210506 093628816 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 8:32 am OldWoman liked
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Since changing up the nutrients given, I see the original gal that had popped from the first seed drop seems to be sprouting new green so she may recover.  The rest just look sick and like shit.  I made a decision to venture away from 420FB and dropped 2 Trizzler auto seeds by Twenty20 Mendocino yesterday.  Up to paper towels and on the heat mat at 6pm last night.  I'm going to see if I can germ and sprout these autos by another breeder or if I just suck at autos.  I could use a shot of success in this SAFC about now.

I doubt autos will ever be my primary growing choice but I would like to become adept at growing them when the need arises.  Onward and upward!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2021 6:32 am OldWoman and takjr1976 liked
+ Show 1 comments
Choo
  Choo
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I've got a little life in the grow but not much.  This is feeling like an epic fail.  I've done and continue to do all I can to make these ladies grow but they just don't seem to want to cooperate.  Consequently, I have to determine if 420FB is crap or if I just can't grow autos.  I dropped 2 Trizzler auto seeds from Twenty20 Mendocino autos almost 3 days ago.  This morning, I've got cracked seeds with nice radicles on them.  I have renewed hope in the new ladies and will be contacting my seed bank to bitch about the 420 seeds.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20210509 092306918 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2021 6:43 am takjr1976 and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 2 comments
Page 1 / 4 Next