NYGC Fruit Salad: Triple double grape
Little late to the game as I was waiting on my new growlights. I was able to get a discount on my new viparspectra lights thanks to dr. Coco and I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform. I managed to get a pack of seeds from mephisto finally as here in canada there is about a 5 minute window to purchase them before they are sold out🤪. I've seen excellent results and heard many good things about mephisto so I jumped on the opportunity.
3x3 vivosun tent
2x viparspectra p600 at 95w each
3 gallon plastic pots
A mix of hp promix and worm castings
To get you up to speed as I started these a few days ago now I will show the seed progress. They just went into the soil last night after about 48 hrs of using the paper towel method. Roots were roughly half an inch and put about an inch down into the soil.
🤗 They all sprouted! 96 hours from going in the paper towel and 48 hours from going in the soil. I'm always so nervous of them not working out for whatever reason. They all seem healthy so far which is great.
I've got them under domes and the rh in the tent is around 70 and the temp has been roughly 20-24c.
I will consider today to be day 1 from here on out.
The two lights are at 40" at 20% power giving the seedling roughly 5000 lux. Unfortunately I don't have a ppf meter so I'm going to try this lux method.
Day 9: they're coming along. Trying to get my environment dialed in is a a little different with my new lights (there's 2 of them) but the plants seem happy anyway. Any recommendations are always welcome.
Two full weeks in now without any complications, although, they do seem a little less vigorous then the last autos I grew. From what I've seen in other journals for this variety though is that they tend to take off between week 3 and 4 so I'll try to remind my impatient side of that fact and not worry about it too much. I'm anxious to start the lst process which should be fairly soon.
They are not very tall yet but the stems are really bulking up already. I'm guessing their really going to take off over the next week so I decided to start the lst process a little earlier than I was planning.
Day 23 and there are officially pistils on all three plants. Paid a little more attention to the lst today and snipped off a couple of lower branches that wont make it. Still a bit of a struggle because it's a dense little bush still but it's getting better and they are starting to open up and stretch a bit.
Man these plants are vigorous. In terms of height, not so much, but the leaves are huge and the stems are super thick and healthy. They are stretching out slowly and I've had to use some aggressive bondage on these plants. Even the lateral branches are getting thick. I'm hoping to have the training completed within the next 10 days as well as trimming off all the lower growth that isnt going to make it. Fingers crossed things keep going well 😁🤞🤞
Decided to trim off a couple of the central fan leaves. They are just to big to allow the lower branches out so they had to go. Also removed a couple of the lateral branch leaves as well as they were congesting the interior of the plant. I don't think I've ever seen such a bushy cannabis plant.