Forum

SAFC Drinks: Sour Diesel Autos

takjr1976
Honorable Member
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows

I am going to drop 4 Sour Diesel Auto seeds for this challenge. Seeds will be germinated in distilled water in darkness on top of a heat mat set at 82 degrees F. Typically this leads to tails in 24 to 48 hours. from there they will go into 1/2 gallon nursery pots filled with my peat based growing medium and the plants will be fed by and through out the grow.  The plants will go under LED lights in one of the grow areas. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2022 6:41 am PuffyD, Coop2.0, Helidoc and 3 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

So I started my seeds just after midnight pn Wednesday. These Sour Diesel seeds actually got a little ahead of me and were really out of the seed coat by the time I got around to checking on them less than 40 hours after putting them in water. So I gently placed them in my grow medium of peat, perlite, vermiculite, and rice hulls. hey are in 1/2 gallon nursery pots for now and then I will transplant them into tall 4 gallon grow bags. Feed will be a commercial mix with supplements set at 1.4 EC and Phd to 6.0 Fingers crossed that they will green up and lift their heads soon. I will post pics soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/21/2022 2:22 pm PuffyD, Heyron420, Helidoc and 2 people liked
+ Show 5 comments

Just a photo of the ladies.

Cannabis Grow image0

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2022 10:17 am Helidoc, PuffyD, Heyron420 and 2 people liked
+ Show 2 comments

Just moved the newbies up into my main room with some veggie starts, a couple M8s fems that are flowering and will probably be harvested in a week or two. In the following pick the 4 Sour Diesels are to the front and the 4 Critical Mass autos I have going in the Ants section are to the rear. I need to feel better so I can get things cleaned up and organized, but all in all the plants are pretty happy. The M8s are photo plants and the lights are only on 12 hours I was hoping that they'd be finished before now, but timing didn't work out so I'm curious to see how these autos grow being on only 12 hours a day normally I run my autos 20 on 4 off. Anyway peace everybody.

Cannabis Grow IMG 3178

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2022 7:50 am Helidoc, Heyron420, Coop2.0 and 1 people liked
+ Show 4 comments

Hey everyone, sorry I fell off the map on this challenge. Ran into some problems this grow. Number one was tossing my autos into the room with my finishing photoperiods. Autos may have an internal clock, but from what I saw with this "forced experiment" was that doing this kind of cranks up the auto flowering plants timing. The plants went Tinto instant stretch and flower mode, but this lead to nearly no continued leaf growth and very small spindly plants that flowered out and quit before they produced much I got less than a half ounce per plant dried. Lesson learned on this one. I've decided to continue on my way with only growing autos from here on out. Currently I have a seven Purple Kush that I started after the Sour Diesel failures were done. Under 20 hours of light these girls are growing normally and are solidly into flower phase now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/11/2022 7:05 am PuffyD and Heyron420 liked
+ Show 2 comments

Cannabis Grow DC63FCD0 F16A 4045 8158 3B5F37A20E25

These are my purple kush plants…. NOT the sour diesels I started for this challenge. 20 hours of light and the same media and nutrients and they are growing strong. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2022 9:00 am PuffyD, Heyron420, Coop2.0 and 2 people liked
+ Show 2 comments