Forum

SAFC Drinks: Gorilla Punch - Its Junglicious!

HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Day 1 - Saturday 4/16/2022 at noon

Gorilla Punch Auto by 420 Fastbuds - claimed 8-9 weeks from seed - June 15th...lol

Build-a-Soil lite soil and BAS craft blend top dress

Organics Alive nute sampler pack

3x3 tent and 3x3 Photontek 310w light

Airbottom Bags 2 gal container

One seed into H2O2 for an hour at noon, into a wet paper towel on the heat mat for another 5 hours and then into soil final pot to finish sprouting. Going straight to final pots mostly just out of pure laziness this time more than real worry about my auto getting shocked.   But, the BAS is so loose that it seemed prone to disaster trying to get it out of a small pot before it got fully rooted out and getting rootbound is supposed to make an auto change to flower sooner so I'll deal with starting in a big pot.   

The build-a-soil is a lightly amended compost and peat blend soil, plenty to get the seedling going.  Then I'll be trying to balance using the OA liquid feed program with the build a soil craft blend top dressing.  For most of veg I might just stick to using the foliar mix on the OA schedule that is a mix of their veg powder, humic acid and castor bean fermentation with nothing but water and maybe some benes going in the watering can.   Its going to be tricky and there are way too many variables but I couldn't find a totally empty soil I liked that came in a smallish package and the OA was a nice freebie and I kinda promised to use it.

Odds of shitshow - 62.23%

Cannabis Grow Day 1.1
Cannabis Grow OAsample

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/16/2022 1:39 pm PuffyD, Coop2.0, Helidoc and 1 people liked
+ Show 5 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Gorilla Punch - Its Junglicious!

Week 2 starts Saturday April 23 at noon.

Fantastic fast start for straight to dirt, zero complaints.  Popped out of the soil Tuesday about 65 hours after getting wet and by the end of that day the first node was already as big as the cotyledons.  Stretching fast in her first 3 days above ground to about 3" where she slowed down and started filling out some leaf mass and pushing out node 2.

Still under the dome and light going 24/0 out of necessity, all my climate control ability is devoted to the dry room for a few more days.  The dome is vented in a way to keep things fairly stable between 59-65%rh and 74-78F, light is ~180µmol by the Photone app.  Humidity has been falling over the last day so getting closer to that first watering.

Cannabis Grow Day 7.1
Cannabis Grow Day 4.1
Cannabis Grow Day 3.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/23/2022 10:03 am PuffyD, Coop2.0, Helidoc and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Week 3 starts at noon today, April 30th

Moved in the 3x3 tent on Tuesday with its fans and humidifiers with no ill effects.  Wednesday was its first watering, it got the OA fulvic and humic juice and some liquid root benes from a local company, I'm sure they are good stuff 'cause they smell absolutely terrible 😆 .  Tried out the "foliar trio" OA mix of humic acid, castor bean ferment and grow powder as a foliar as well as the fulvic by itself as foliar but no fertilizer in the soil yet, not sure how long the charge in this lite blend dirt is going to be good for so I'm just watching the leaves.

No complaints at all, its been a champ all the way from seed to the end of seedling so far and node 3 came in yesterday.  Should have 5 nodes in plenty of time to get at least a single topping before my time limit of 21 days.

Cannabis Grow Day 14.2
Cannabis Grow Day 14.1
Cannabis Grow Day 11.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/30/2022 9:36 am Helidoc, PuffyD, Coop2.0 and 1 people liked
HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Week 4 starts today, May 7th at noon.

She got topped on Thursday at node 3 with a tight stack of nodes 4,5 and 6 coming off and all lower growth tips removed.  Probably won't try to sneak a second topping in unless the new tops go nuts before Monday. First watering with the OA fertilizers this week, didn't notice any objections as it's still perky and green all over.  Lights are up to ~450µmol and the environment is running ~77f/57%rh days and getting down to 68f/45-50% nights.

Cannabis Grow Day 22.1
Cannabis Grow Day 21.1
Cannabis Grow Day 20.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2022 11:34 am Helidoc, PuffyD and Heyron420 liked
HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Day 23/24

Mid week update because I got pistils this morning and want to click the flower days button.  

Cannabis Grow Day 24.2
Cannabis Grow Day 24.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2022 12:06 pm Helidoc, PuffyD and Heyron420 liked
+ Show 3 comments
HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Week 5 starts at noon today, May 14th

Started transition schedule OA nutes, 1/2 of the listed amount, and a very light top dress mix of Build a Soil craft blend and some OA premium mix.  Trying to find that balance of mild slow release nutes/minerals and mild instantly available nutes, so far there is only the tiniest bit of crisp on one leaf tip.  Alternating throwing in Great White mycos or liquid Zemynas elixir benes with each watering as well.  Probably done with the Great White at this point in the grow but I'll continue the other bugs until a week or 2 before its going to finish.

Supercropped, taped and braced the two tops this morning.  The oddest thing about this plant is that when squeezed it makes your fingers reek of skunky weed.  There is already a low key old school skunk smell to the tent which is strange since its only even had pistils for 5 days and no actual flowers.

Have fungus gnats flying in from my wifes infested house plant but no evidence they are actually taking up residence in the soil of the tent.

Cannabis Grow Day 29.2
Cannabis Grow Day 29.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/14/2022 12:02 pm Helidoc, PuffyD, Heyron420 and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Week 6 starts May 21

Supercropping last week led to an immediate stress reaction that wrecked the leaves on the lower nodes.  Damage started right after getting bent and then stopped at the end of the day, the leaves are really messed up with spots, scars and pits while the upper part of the plant is still fine.  Got a few crispy tips so the nutes got a bit strong at some point, probably from the build a soil top dress since that was the new variable but I usually have more wide spread tip damage at this point in a grow so I can't complain.  I'd probably skip using that stuff as top dress and only for re amending used soil in the future, just sticking to the OA stuff everything was looking very good.

Flowers are coming in well at 10 days since the first pistils showed and they still have the funky skunky smell.  In fact every bit of this plant smells skunky,  buds, leaves and stems.   New growth leaves are coming in really twisted but I have no idea why.  The feed is going in at 6.2-6.5 and I checked some runoff and did a soil slurry test best I could that both came up 6.4.   

Cannabis Grow Day 36.4
Cannabis Grow Day 36.3
Cannabis Grow Day 36.2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/21/2022 4:13 pm Heyron420, Helidoc, PuffyD and 4 people liked
+ Show 4 comments
HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Week 7 starts Saturday May 28th

Such a disappointing turn from healthy and green to shit show but that does seem to happen a lot.  I've pretty much lost interest in this thing as keeping a coolish flower tent is impossible here with daytime temps near 90 and more important real life things going on with our house and yard.   But she still is packing on flower in spite of really ugly leaves and I seem to have nearly won the battle against the fungus gnats that came from my wifes plant.  

Cannabis Grow Day 43.2
Cannabis Grow Day 43.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/28/2022 11:46 am PuffyD, Heyron420, Coop2.0 and 2 people liked
+ Show 4 comments
HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Start of week 9 Saturday June 11

56 days down and I've just taken this one out in the car for a drive to the country, opened the door and said "run girl, you're free now!"

Well, maybe not that bad but I have stopped doing anything at all beyond just basic watering and trying to keep the humidity in the 40's.   Since it looks so bad in so many ways and I can't possibly figure out what is going wrong with deficiency or excess it just seemed safer to let it finish out on water.  The dry conditions are going to be in the neighborhood of 80+F so its not like I expect anything when its all said and done.  

Cannabis Grow Day 57.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/11/2022 7:12 pm Heyron420 and PuffyD liked
HPD
  HPD
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Drinks
Total Days: 65
Flower Days: 42
Harvested: 06/19/2022
Total Days: 65
Flower Days: 42
Harvested: 06/19/2022

64 Days from seed to chop

Had to bring it down today because of a week of looming intense monsoon storms that are going to make my life a mess.  Not as done as I'd like but I've been in the don't care phase for this particular plant for a while.  One thing I'm certain of is I'll never try to grow here past the first week of May ever again, just not worth the struggle.  

The fan leaves were a total mess at the end but the buds turned out decently enough and the smell while wet trimming was knockout level turpentine, I had no idea how much Pinene would be in this plant at all while growing.  It varied from old school skunk to a phase of quasi sweet citrus but not a hint of pine till it got hit by scissors.

So its just 2 colas as planned which made trimming and hanging as easy as it gets.  I whacked out all the other branches early on which is also when things went very downhill health wise and I really don't know if it was coincidental or from the stress of topping and scropping that did it.  I'm now firmly in the camp of screw autos though after 2 runs because my favorite part of growing is training and the time frame is so limited and their reaction seems to vary from "meh" to "holy shit I've been murdered" with not much if any improvement in yield.  If I do run the rest of my auto seeds it will be au natural but as thats really boring I may just Johnny Appleseed my leftovers.

This was a whopping 63 grams at harvest so maybe half ounce at best once the big stem is gone and its in the jars.

Cannabis Grow Day 64.2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/19/2022 11:27 am PuffyD, Coop2.0, Heyron420 and 1 people liked
+ Show 4 comments