Forum

NYGC Desserts: RockCandy & WeddingCake

Sgt.Bone
Reputable Member
New Grower

I wasn't sure my timing would work out for the challenge, but I managed to reschedule some things, so here I am. A few days late, but better than not at all. Looking forward to improving my skills and growing with the community here.

This will be my second run with Kyle Breeder's genetics.  New England Rock Candy and Breeders Cake. I also may start some cuttings of Harlequin depending on how many seeds pop.

Best wishes to everyone and here's to a brighter, healthier, and safer new year!

Growers Love, SGT. Bone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2021 10:47 pm ironman300k, realredhairs and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

Dropped two seeds of each, NERC and Cake, into shot glasses on the 3rd and let them soak overnight. Transferred to paper towels and into an airtight container and left warming atop the heating pad/xbox. Two days later we have tails. Soaked the jiffy pots with coconut water, aloe, recharge, and a couple drops of fishshit to get everything inoculated with beneficial micros. Today they were all standing up tall and stretching for the lights. Helped one of the girls off with a stubborn seed shell, but everything else is looking strong. I'm extremely impressed with Kyle's germination success rates, four out of four with both runs now.

Grower Love 🌻 ❤️ 

Cannabis Grow GCVZ1950

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2021 4:50 pm ironman300k liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Sgt.Bone
Reputable Member
New Grower

Yesterday I noticed temps had been dropping to low 70's-high 60's. I guess I was a bit over concerned about the lights being too close, but after moving the dome closer, temps are keeping a steady 84* with humidity at 95%. Today the NERC's first set of true leaves seemed to be praying to lights already and there was noticeable growth in just the past 24hrs. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 3798
Cannabis Grow IMG 3797

These were taken on the 10th before I raised the dome., 3 days in the jiffys.

Cannabis Grow IMG 3815
Cannabis Grow IMG 3812

Here they are tonight, looking much happier with the warmer temps.

🌻 ❤️ SGT.Bone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2021 4:55 pm Dhfreak and ironman300k liked
Sgt.Bone
Reputable Member
New Grower

Had some trouble with the seedlings and lost one of each, so we're switching up our strategy. Going to keep the last two as mothers. Then cut clones when they get big enough, and flower them along with clones from the Harlequin mom. So it looks like I won't be anywhere close to the NYGC schedule, but I'm going to continue this journal as a record for myself and anyone else who cares to follow along.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/14/2021 6:29 pm Dhfreak liked