Forum

NYGC Desserts: Gelato (Homegrown Cannabis Co.)

b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
NYGC Desserts: Gelato (HCO)

I am excited to join my first ever grow challenge and try my first ever photo run. This will be third, but really, second ever grow so hoping to learn a lot and can't wait to see what other growers tents and setups look like.

I am a beginner grower on a budget so I will be using 3x3 tent with 2 Mars Hydro TS1000. I went with two TS 1000's for my small space to increase versatility and it worked well during my last run with autoflowers. This time I will be starting with four Gelato seeds from Homegrown Cannabis Company. These were a bonus freebie when I bought my auto's so I hoping they work out as well as the autoflowers. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2021 2:42 pm ironman300k liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
Gelato (Homegrown Cannabis)

Time for a bit of catchup work and a quick breakdown of my first few days. Environment is going to be a big issue with the cold and dry air where I live so I'll be working on that a lot.

Supplies on hand:

• purified water from my refrigerator dispenser (brought to room temp)
  • pH Down 
  • mason jar
  • four photoperiod Gelato seeds
  • paper towel 
  • four 16 oz plastic cups
  • Mother earth Terracraft soil
  • 10w seed starting led light
  • TS1000 Marshydro x1 (but eventually will be 2)
  •  
  1. Jan. 1 -
    1. pH'd my water from the fridge using 'pH Down' to 6.5 and filled my 8 oz. mason jar.
    2. Plopped the seeds in and all four floated mightily. 
    3. Placed them in my warmest cabinet which is still pretty cold because I didn't have my seed warming pad yet.
  2. Jan. 2 -
    1. Pulled them out about 24 hrs. later and flipped them to paper towel.
    2. Put paper towel in a plastic bag, then on a plate, and found a way to heat the seeds...my pet heating mat. It is like fire so I put a blanket between it and the plate and covered the seeds too. 
  3. Jan. 3 -
    1. Seemed to work great and three seeds were starting to pop but one never did. Figured I would wait another few hours to see how they progress and hope the fourth would pop but it didn't. 
    2. About 10 hours later and they were ready for planting. I would have liked a better sprout but they were ready.
    3. Used four solo cups because I decided I would plant the fourth seed for kicks. I am using Mother Earth Terracraft soil and filled the cups to about a half to an inch from the top. Poked a seed size hole with a pen and popped each seed in spraying each with pH water covered them up.  
    4. Next, I put plastic baggies over top to create the greenhouse affect and put the seeds in my grow room with a small 10w led light that seeds and super young plants seems to love. I was trying to finish off the last few days of a lingering autoflower so I posted my plants up on a side table with the heating pad.
  4. Jan. 4
    1. One seed is popping her head up! The other two hadn't popped in the morning but one of them did throughout the day.
    2. I kept my 10w light on them all day and over night to help keep them warm. I also had my pet heating pad under a plastic lid I use for a soil bin to heat from the bottom without blasting them too much.
    3. I decided to do a bit of ghetto rigging tonight to keep from keep from getting blasted with the 10w light in my bedroom and it worked great. I set up some sound proofing foam I have and then draped some pillow cases over those. I completely forgot to take pictures but it looked hilarious but worked like a charm and kept the seeds super warm and happy.
  5. Jan. 5
    1. With the sick ghetto rig I woke up to 3 super healthy looking seedlings! They all have their cotyledon leaves and healthy looking stems.
    2. They stayed in their ghetto rig for a bit and in the evening I pulled my last banana kush autoflower into darkness, cleaned out the tent completely and in go the little ladies on their pet heating mat/sick plastic lid setup. Pictures to come on the setup.
    3. I have a humidifier going to keep the RH at about 60 and the temp is running cold at about 68. I kept the plastic baggies on over night to help keep them warm until the light level gets increased and cranked the pet heating pad to high. It gets really hot but thankfully through my plastic lid it is working quite well. 
    4. I put one TS1000 at about 24 inc. and 1/2 strength that without a wattage meter I guess to be somewhere around 60-75w. I am not sure if that is too low so I am going to do some research to see what others start their lights at. 
    5. Officially starting 18/6 lighting schedule as of tonight.
  6. Jan. 6
    1. Plants seem to have done well over night in the tent and have very small signs of their first leaves.
    2. I continued to have the pet mat at high heat and the humidifier pretty much going around the clock on low to keep the tent at about 57-60 RH. RH is really hard to maintain without some better equipment than I have but it is working ok right now...more to come later.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 5:14 pm ironman300k liked
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan

2/2

I haven't kept my journal very up to date but the ladies are doing well. They seem quite small and I had some difficulties with my environment at the beginning but after almost 4 weeks above soil they are looking nice. 

In the first few weeks I battled a cold, dry environment so the ladies were struggling a bit but once I transplanted them and started providing nutrients they spruced right up. They had some yellowing leaves that might have been a nitrogen deficiency but not 100% sure. The Fox Farm nutrients I used seemed to help.

1. I'll get a few pictures up here to show some progress.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 7:21 am
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan

Cannabis Grow 20210202 215319

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 7:25 am
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
Plants are coming along nicely

About 40 days after hitting the soil the ladies look great. I've had a few issues including a bit of possible over feeding but nothing too crazy. 

I have been keeping a consistent pH of 6.1-6.8 on the water and still using fox farm nutrients and cal mag. 

I am posting a few random pics from the  grow including the transplant to 3 gallon pots about 3 weeks into the grow. One shot of a lady I topped (they have all been topped once except one was topped twice). And a shot from tonight (not so great because the lights shut off right before I took it). I'll try and get a few more up soon.

I hope to flip to flower in a few weeks so feeling good about the ladies right now!

Cannabis Grow 20210127 204407
Cannabis Grow 20210212 215942
Cannabis Grow 20210123 174021

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2021 11:11 pm CrackBabies liked
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
Plants are coming along nicely

About 40 days after hitting the soil the ladies look great. I've had a few issues including a bit of possible over feeding but nothing too crazy. 

I have been keeping a consistent pH of 6.1-6.8 on the water and still using fox farm nutrients. 

I am posting a few random pics from the  grow including the transplant to 3 gallon pots about 3 weeks into the grow. 

I hope to flip to flower in a few weeks so feeling good about the ladies right now!

Cannabis Grow 20210127 204407
Cannabis Grow 20210212 215942
Cannabis Grow 20210123 174021

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2021 11:12 pm
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
It's finally flip day!

Finally its time to flip my ladies. Technically I flipped the timer yesterday but its on!

The ladies have been up and down over the last few weeks as I figured out that I upped my lights to full power waaayyyyy too early. I was misunderstanding that you don't just jack up your lights early in the veg weeks just because you don't have a super strong light. I also think that the light combo I have gets some interesting overlap too.

Either way the ladies have been looking better since I turned the lights back to 40%. They are now back up to 50% as I flip them into flower. I'll bump that up to 75% arond week 3 and up to 100% around week 5/6. I keep seeing a bit of yellowing on the upper leaves so I'll be monitoring. 

Cannabis Grow 20210223 201342
Cannabis Grow 20210216 200434
Cannabis Grow 20210228 092412

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/01/2021 3:23 pm Alma M liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
NYGC Desserts: Gelato (Homegrown Cannabis Co.)

Flower week 1 is about done and the three Gelato ladies are growing into the trellis. They ate still quite short but they are growing quickly now and filling more of the trellis so that is nice to see. 

This is the first time with photoperiods so I think I have stunted them a bit (mainly with way too much light early on) during the grow so they really are short but they are stretching a bit now. Hopefully I didn't mess them up by defoliating and lollipopping them a bit more yesterday. 

I had an entire autoflower plant on my last grow that was just all larf because I didn't trim it well. I am scared of that again because it was about 2.5 oz of larfe that gave great kief but not a single keepable nugget. 

Well, here's what they looked like yesterday. Before and after the trimming. Real time update picture coming soon!

Cannabis Grow 20210306 124510
Cannabis Grow 20210306 125325
Cannabis Grow 20210306 120811

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2021 8:41 am
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan

It is always nice to see your plants bounce right back after defoliating and messing with them. I may water later today with some calmag but otherwise I think its time for me to sit back and and let these ladies get to work growing some colas!

Cannabis Grow 20210307 104655

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2021 9:57 am
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan

Week 3 of flower and the ladies ate looking as healthy as ever. The lights are up to 70% as of the second day of week three and they took well and are growing great. I see the meaning of the stretch everyone talks about for the first three weeks of flower.

They aren't monsters but they are getting some health bud spots. I am really excited to see the buds forming and my first flip on photoperiods is working.

I have been using a water, water, water, feed schedule  and it seems to be working nicely. The tips of the leaves have been staying a little yellow so I am not sure if I am still giving too much of something. I have been giving a fair bit of calmag so today I gave them just pH 6.3 water. 

Onward and upward and I can't wait for the next few weeks to pass!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/17/2021 7:45 pm
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
Week Three of Flower

Cannabis Grow 20210317 141337
Cannabis Grow 20210317 141349

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/17/2021 7:47 pm TillerOG liked
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
End of Week Three of Flower

Ladies are still growing quickly and have sprouted a lot over this week. I swear every time I look at them they are bigger. I am seeing the start of some trichomes coming in with the pistols so that is a joy to see. 

Temperature has been staying pretty low, around 60, overnight but the ladies don't seem to mind. The leaves are super green and the leaves are praying every morning when I check on them so if they are happy I'm happy.

I am going to be sticking to just water for a few more feedings because the tips of leaves are still a bit yellow even on the new leaves so I think I need to make sure I get a good amount of run off. 

I'll check back in a few days with more news.

Cannabis Grow 20210320 133651
Cannabis Grow 20210320 133646
Cannabis Grow 20210320 133643
Cannabis Grow 20210320 133637

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/20/2021 8:26 pm
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
Flower Day 22

Cannabis Grow 20210321 132932

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2021 9:02 pm
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
Ladies are getting trimmed tonight!

Well I totally blew this journal up by not commenting for a month and a half. But, the ladies have been cut, have been drying for 8 days and are going to start getting trimmed tonight! 

This grow took what felt like forever!

Throught the last month the ladies got a lot bigger but were still quite small. Two of them shared a lot of similarities including shape and color and seemed to have a few issues along the way that might have been lack of something. The third seemed completely different in shape and color and barely even changed to fall colors but had the most amber trichomes. 

Anyway the grow went "ok". I definitely stunted these ladies heavily by giving too much light too early but the trichome production was great and they look real nice. I want to post a few pics over last month and I think, minus yield, this grow is done!

I'm ready to start another run and thinking some auto flowers to speed up my turnaround and keep the jars full.

Cannabis Grow 20210330 162703

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 7:28 am
b.r.o.
  b.r.o.
Cannabis Fan
More pics from the last month

Cannabis Grow 20210427 132531
Cannabis Grow 20210414 190812
Cannabis Grow 20210406 125321

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 7:31 am