NYGC Desserts: Blueberry Muffins by Humboldt Seeds
Hello fellow dessert growmies 🥳🥳!!! The party keeps on rocking 🤘! Super duper stupid excited to do this grow! This strain was the HANDS DOWN best BLACKMARKET herb Iv ever came across as far as smells and flavor. So I’m stoked to be able to take care of these girls give them the love and attention they deserve and see what kind of beauties we come up with!!
The beans have been shipped I’m expecting them some time this week hopefully. I will immediately get them soaking on towels. The beans are regular so I’ll have to weed out the males.
I also plan on cloning the girls and segregating them by number then applying colloidal silver and collecting female pollen to fertilize my fav girls so I don’t have to worry about finding and or buying these beans again! If this works well for me I’ll be doing it too all my upcoming strains to try and preserve my favorite genetics!
Lost my phone so haven’t had an update but I’m back people 🤤....
Threw 7 beans on a wet paper towel New Years Day above the heating mat set for 77F. Got my first root the 3rd threw all of them in jiffy peat pellets had seven seedlings upright on the 5th 100% Germ rate 🙌!
Placed them in 16OZ party cups last night and gave the first fertigation.
My goals as stated in my first post are-
- Successfully clone all plants before the flip too flower.
- Identify the males and destroy them
- Space is a concern so figuring out who’s who is a priority!
- I need to give each plant a tag name for tracking.
- Once successfully cloned I will move the mothers in the flower room to sex and destroy males and their clones.
- Timing is everything with this grow I have plants in the flower room now that have to finish before moving anything else in.
- Depending on how many females I have and my clone success I’m going to try and segregate them so I can control what female is pollinated with who and try and breed the best two plants.
- Not sure if my mother’s could be pollinated in the lower branches or if they will be too far along to produce viable seed by the time the clones produce pollen in the other room? This would be best case scenario but just in case the timing is not right I will take at least two clones from each female one to strictly produce seeds one to make pollen. ( I think I will get the pollen to breed the moms with in time I’ll try and put my colloidal silver clones in flower as soon as possible to keep up with the mums!)
- I’ll keep one clone from each plant in the flower room applying the silver daily away from the mothers until I see nanners begin to form then I will move them to a segregated room with bare essentials to spill their seed on a black trash bag and use that too breed the clones in the veg space or the mothers already flowering shouldn’t take much pollen to get the job done.
- I know things are going to change cause this whole thing is a fly by night kinda deal lol but it’s going to be a lot of fun playing around with them 🤪!!
Before the transplant
Now in one gallon cloth pots except for two their in plastic only had five cloth pots... They all have tags now #1 - #7. One girl (hopefully lol) has some rust spots calcium def in the lower two sets of leaves. Other than her the rest look good they just needed bigger shoes!
I stepped up the nutes feeding about full strength now and gave them a dose of Growers Recharge tonight also.
Going to be a challenge keeping seven plants in here for long.. plan on topping them and taking my first clones Friday. Hopefully they root well and fast and I can throw the mothers in the flower room and figure out the males to clear up space.
Im going to clone the bottom limbs from each plant as well once they mature a bit. Starting to get an idea of the ones I like so far from their stature and one girl had a calcium def that showed up as rust spots earlier in veg... all things to consider for breeding them.
The girls are doing great! I got all them topped to the fifth node and now thinking I should have cut them at the third 😏.. but oh well made clones out of all of them and got them in the homemade clone tube. Heating mat under them set to 77F 👏👏
I have introduced something new to my garden liquid kelp for enhanced vigor hoping it will help my cloning percentage 😬 hope it helps. I gave the mothers a couple waterings with it then soaked my Rockwool cubes in a light nut water with the liquid kelp.
Clones looked better today I have not taken but two clones in my life so maybe I overreacted last night?? Hope so cause I need these things to root!! Couple still look like their about dead though.
Moms look good. I’m noticing some preflowers some look like possible balls too small to really tell yet though.