SAFC- C&B - Automatic Auto System
Welcome to hopefully my first ever complete grow thru harvest in any medium. I was unable to obtain SAFC official seeds but will be using Nirvana Seeds. Previously known as Cocohawk on here. Excited to get this started and I will need all the help along the way!
3 of 6 have sprouted and are growing.
Soaked 2 new seeds for 24 hours and no tails. Resoaked the seed that never germinated and still nothing. Moved the 2 other seeds with no sprout into jiffi pellets.
So far have had to pop 8 seeds and only 3 seedlings. Really want a total of 6 plants and hope to not need to waste more seeds.
3 out of 11 seeds have sprouted, now using seeds from a different seed bank. 1 of the seeds shriveled up and died after sprouting. Extremely frustrating and now I've lost 8 seeds and $$$.
They do not appear to be growing any faster than prior grows, if even appears slower than prior photos.
LSC is not replying to my emails regarding my prior order. This is dissappointing as I wanted to be part of a community grow with the same seeds. I was so excited for Dutch Passion genetics and threw out 5 healthy plants to participate in the SAFC. Going to be trying to find a different seed bank with Dutch Passion in stock.
Day 7 AM Fertigation
EC 568, pH 6.2, LUX 6800
Had a fair amount of roots sticking out sides and bottom so I decided to transplant to the bigger seedling bag. It was not very smooth due to the amount of roots stuck. Hope I didn't do too much damage.
Watering after transplant
EC 624, pH 6.1, Lux 7100
The Blue Cheese already appears to not be enjoying the same regiment of nutes as AK. Will be upping pH and slightly lowering EC on the Blue Cheese. Not certain how my auto system is going to work lol. Already debating having 2 reservoirs with different EC levels as flowering times and needs are not going to match. I may end up with 6 total as an OG Kush seed head just popped out of a rapid rooter. Trying them as a last ditch effort for germination and may get lucky.
The main 3 aren't cooperating with EC increases. Fed at 813 last night and Blue Cheese has horrible twisting and wrinkly. Fed at 775 / 6.3 today hoping for improvement. (smaller ones are at 615 and 440)
Finally have 6! However one is from a fake seed bank most likely and I have no hope for it and will be on a short leash and next to tent door to watch for any male signs. Probably not even an auto. Still have 2 more seeds trying to pop but appears I'm ending at 5/10 on Nirvana seeds. 0/3 of the Northern Lights. And 5/7 of rest. I hope to generalize mid/late veg / transition nutes so that all 6 will be ok with it. I'll flip the auto system to bloom nutes when first 3 are ready and then decide if hand feeding or just flip the others as well. Based in weeks till harvest this will be an extreme challenge with 4 different types but trying to line up age/harvest time for placement in the tent cause reaching around will suck... Considering where I'm at growth wise I do not see any topping to be a possibility. Maybe on the best looking AK.
Still consistent curling and twisting with any EC raises. pH is maintained at 6.3. brought EC back down again as it really curled after hitting 900 EC. Very slow growth and poor development over all. Environment is consistent 76/68. Still little leaf development and extremely slow upper node growth.
Inflow EC: 1180
Inflow pH: 6.18
Lux: ~13500 - I am now under 2 HLG 100 V2 4k
I'm still setting up the Auto system to be just right as there is dispersement issues. Also trying to find a way to remove the tank for cleaning easier as disconnecting the hose is extremely rough. Hoping to create a threaded connection so it just unscrews. One is really struggling from transplant I really don't think it'll make it as I'm pretty sure I tore the tap root (top left). I transplanted on Saturday and they seem to be responding fine now and adjusted. (I think...)
- New watering system in place, much more consistent flow.
- Still fighting reservoir temp problems, trying a new method with a large fan blowing on the tank itself. At 68.5 for several hours now. The issue I believe is I have an airstone and a fountain pump for circulation. I've put pump on a timer now and only run it every hour or so.
- EC 1250, pH goes around 6.10-6.3
- Have one that is really struggling it seems always had a much more yellow tint and not as much vigor. Photos attached.
Thanks for reading!
Plant Music of the day: https://youtu.be/QH_liqx0fuI