SAFC Ants (Misfits): Superorganism
I’m going to make gynoecious (feminized) day-neutral (autoflowering) seeds.
I’m going to germinate 3 seeds of GGFIV_01 in Rapid Rooter plugs. Once they’re ready I’ll transplant them into solo cups, and finally into 1 gallon pots (both filled with coir and perlite).
I’ll be hand watering until they are in 1 gallon pots. I’ll be using the Peters Jack’s 321 nutrient line with the addition of silica, humic acid, fulvic acid, microbes, and H2O2 as noted. Eventually the plants will be in my flowering tent on automated high frequency fertigation.
I am currently growing my XX pollen donor, and that’s currently beginning to bloom. I don’t anticipate problems on that front. I’ll collect the pollen and apply it with a brush once these three plants are ready.
I’m going to start the plants in a humidity dome inside a 2x2 tent under 24hr blue/red LED. Eventually they’ll be in a 4x4 tent under an HLG 600r; I have intermediate options if the 4x4 is still finishing up my NYGC plants, like a 3x3 with an HLG 260 Rspec.
My state voted to legalize adult-use homegrow in 2023. I want a crop of seeds to give away in celebration of that milestone, and I decided on gynoecious autoflower seeds for their speed and disregard for light cycle.
I’ll be giving these away along with information about how to grow them, and how to connect with other growers.
I will have time to test these before handing them out.
Please don’t ask about the lineage of these seeds. I do not want to disclose that. They are what they are.
I stunted the plants pretty early on; still not sure exactly how. I’ll use trial and error to figure it out with another set of seeds later, but it was almost certainly overwatering.
I closed out this grow on Friday, May 13th. The plants were 2 inches tall when they went into flower, and I decided not to spend my plant count on such nonsense.
4/20 is just 7 days away. I gathered all my germination supplies, cleaned anything that’s being reused, and put them in one box.
- heat mat
- thermostat for heat mat
- tall humidity dome
- rapid rooter plugs
- plug trays
- closed and webbed seedling flats
- plastic plant tags
- plastic cups (3oz)
- 3% peroxide
- 3 seeds
- humic acid
- fulvic acid
As I mentioned in the first post, I’ve successfully reversed a female of the same stock as these seeds, and it’s making pollen. That pollen donor should self-pollinate the handful of pistillate flowers before long, proving whether the pollen is viable or possibly not (sometimes plants can’t self-pollinate).
GGFIV103 has germinated. No signs of life from the other 2 seeds yet. I kajiggered the setup to get a warmer, more humid environment. Elevated the whole thing on a big block of styrofoam which insulates the mat from the concrete floor and also helps the dome have a better seal (it couldn’t seat right when the tray was on the floor of the tent.)
All 3 seeds have germinated, and 102 has emerged from the rooting plug.
Edit: Both 102 and 103 have emerged from the rooting plug and have freed their cotyledons from the seed husk.
male female is almost ready to harvest, as documented in my other journal.
I spritzed all 3 seedlings with 500 microsiemens solution (Jack’s 321 with tap EC of 300).
Temperatures were a tad too hot (89F) in the seedling tray, so I have the tent open and only one of the two lights on. That brought the temperature back down to around 80F. The heat mat isn’t doing anything at the moment.
I’m doing my best to underwater instead of overwater. Trying to show restraint.