Forum

Pittmoss Round #1

Page 1 / 3 Next

This is the start of a new living soil mix and I will be using Pittmoss as a substitute for peat moss and coir. Pittmoss is just cellulose fiber derived from recycled newspaper and cardboard. I will be using Aurora 15 gallon fabric pots and will be growing 4 different photo strains in a 4x4 tent. 

Base Soil Mix: Pittmoss, Malibu Compost Bu’s Blend, KIS Fungal Compost, KIS Worm Castings, BuildASoil Worm Castings, Biochar, Pumice, and Rice Hulls

Amendments: Basalt, Oyster Shell Flour, Montmorillonite, Gypsum, Glacial Rock Dust, Malted Barley Powder, Kelp Meal, Neem Cake, Karanja Cake, Insect Frass, Crustacean Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Gro-Kashi.

I started my mix with an aloe spray soak of the Pittmoss and Montmorillonite mixed together. I then slowly combined my base mix and each single amendment all in a tarp while spraying down with an aloe spray during mixing. I then did a comfrey extract tea soak of the full mix. I then potted them up, top dressed and put down some additional Gro-Kashi, added cover crop, and covered with a pittmoss mulch with some barley straw. I will be starting the seeds in their final pots on this grow. 

I am extremely excited for this lineup of genetics as they are going to be pretty spectacular. We will have Dutch Passion's Strawberry Cough, G13's own Pineapple Express #2, Sweet Seed's Green Poison, and a very special pheno of Blue Cheese by Female Seeds. 

This grow will most likely present some challenges in regards to getting my water timing down right and get used to the Pittmoss. Pumped to get some larger pots going with a new mix and can't wait to watch it improve over time. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/16/2019 1:41 pm CocoNoko, GrammasHands, FarmerBrown and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments

Some photos of mixing the soil, you can see the Pittmoss in the up close shot, has a very fluffy texture: 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20191103 001621
Cannabis Grow IMG 20191102 211819
Cannabis Grow IMG 20191102 200606

And the cover crop is starting to show its face:

Cannabis Grow 00000IMG 00000 BURST20191116162406231 COVER

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/16/2019 1:44 pm CocoNoko and FarmerBrown liked

Seedsman genetic descriptions:

Blueberry Cheesecake by Female Seeds

Blueberry Cheesecake was formerly known as the Female Seeds' strain Blue Cheese. It resulted from a special selection of a rather special mother plant which exuded a really heavy smell and was an extreme resin producer to boot. This special pheno-type has been stabilised for consistency and always produces the distinctive blueberry cheesecake aroma. Indoor growers should keep a watch during flowering as these plants can triple in height once the flowering phase is triggered, which lasts for around 8 weeks. The yield is very good and the quality of the buds is even better.

BREEDER/BRAND Female Seeds
GENETICS Cheese x Blueberry multiple hybrid
VARIETY Indica / Sativa
FLOWERING TYPE Photoperiod
SEX Feminised
YIELD High
PLANT HEIGHT 80-100 cm
GROWS Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 60 days
HARVEST MONTH End September - early October northern hemisphere
TASTE / FLAVOUR Berry, Blue Cheese, Blueberry
EFFECT Body, Head, Powerful

Strawberry Cough by Dutch Passion

Strawberry Cough is a joint North America/European production and is 80% sativa. It has a fantastically fruity taste and a wonderfully relaxing effect that has therapeutic properties. With cooler temperatures at night it will turn purple. It is straightforward to grow and only needs an average feeding schedule for best results. The first growth-spurt of buds ends during week 4 after which there is a second during week 9, the final stage. The aroma and taste is truly delicious and is of ripe strawberries and the medium-strength production of THC gives this cannabis strain a very pleasant, uplifting high that brings a marvellous sense of relaxation and a feeling of euphoria.

BREEDER/BRAND Dutch Passion
VARIETY Mostly Sativa
SEX Feminised
THC CONTENT 10% - 15%
YIELD Medium +
GROWS Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 9 Weeks
HARVEST MONTH October
MEDICAL CONDITIONS Anxiety, Depression, Stress
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES Yes
TASTE / FLAVOUR Strawberry
EFFECT Euphoric, Uplifting

Pineapple Express #2 by G13 Labs

Pineapple Express by G13 LabsSeeds is impressive but here we are with an improved version of this amazing plant. Highly resistant to moisture and perfect for hostile climates. The undisputed hallmark of Pineapple Express #2 is its  quick flowering stage (45-50 days) which makes it available to be cultivated anywhere and by anyone. Its flowers are big, bulky and covered with resin. This Indica-dominant variety has the taste of lemon, pine and spices.

BREEDER/BRAND G13 Labs
GENETICS G13 Pineapple Express x Skunk
PACK SIZE 5 Seeds
VARIETY Mostly Indica
SEX Feminised
YIELD 900g - 1300 g/plant outdoors; 700g/m2 indoors
PLANT HEIGHT More than 150cm.
GROWS Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 45 - 50 days
HARVEST MONTH October
TASTE / FLAVOUR Lemon, Pine, Spicy / Herbal

Green Poison by Sweet Seeds

Green Poison is a fast-flowering, stable, 70% indica cannabis strain which grows with a large central cola around which smaller, flexible side-branches are arranged. It is a very easy-to-grow plant with an exquisitely delicious flavour and a potent, long-lasting effect. Indica buds of this density and size are prone to botrytis (grey mould) when the atmosphere is damp or humid so the shortened flowering time is a great advantage in this respect. The aroma of Green Poison is intensely sweet and fruity with floral notes and this transfers through to the palate. High levels of THC are produced and this makes for a potent and long-lasting effect which is both euphoric as well as being relaxing and numbing. 

BREEDER/BRAND Sweet Seeds
VARIETY Mostly Indica
SEX Feminised
THC CONTENT High
YIELD Indoor: 500 - 650 gr/m2; Outdoor: 500 - 700 gr/plant
GROWS Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 7 weeks
HARVEST MONTH Mid-late September
MEDICAL CONDITIONS Insomnia, Lack of Appetite, Muscle Spasm, Pain, Stress
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES Yes
TASTE / FLAVOUR Flowery, Fruity, Sweet
EFFECT Body, Euphoric, Long-lasting, Physical, Powerful, Relaxing
AWARDS Multi award-winning strain

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/16/2019 1:51 pm CocoNoko, FarmerBrown, Knut and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments

Alright so the journal date/days will be a couple off due to late germination. Took longer than expected to clear the tent and I've finally chopped the last plant. Seeds went directly into finals and the grow has begun.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20191122 235905

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/23/2019 5:23 am CocoNoko, FarmerBrown and Chefomj liked

4 of 4 have now germinated and we're off. Not the world's greatest seedling environment due to being in large pots but will try to improve on that as we go. May make some domes. Had to hand remove the Strawberry Cough seed shell. Pinched/cracked it between fingers and then slid it off. Seems ok. Shown here is blueberry cheesecake. 

Cannabis Grow 00100lPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20191125083112966 COVER~2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/25/2019 5:58 am CocoNoko, Knut and FarmerBrown liked

Watered in some malted barley and adjusted the lights a bit. Skipping my seedling lights and as well as the weaker veg light and just went straight to main veg lights. The one not showing both cotyledons is the strawberry cough but she's coming around. 

Cannabis Grow 20191126 082152 COLLAGE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/26/2019 5:25 am CocoNoko and FarmerBrown liked

Just around a week old today. Seems to be doing well. Will be watering in a Kelp/Neem tea tomorrow  I've ordered some fresh mulch cover and new ewc to top with once out of seedling phase. 

Cannabis Grow 20191130 084604 COLLAGE
Cannabis Grow IMG 20191130 083858

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/30/2019 5:50 am

I believe today is D22 from seeds getting wet. Did a heavy topping this week of amendments basically my full recipe less some of the rock mix and used some wood bark as mulch along with some more pittmoss. I've topped 2 of them. Will top Strawberry Cough tomorrow. 

The blueberry cheesecake seems to finally be settling in and showing signs of good fresh growth. Has been a struggle for her, guessing a bit more sensitive to the soil. Will be the smallest but still plan on topping. These are photos I got all the time in the world. 

I've cut back on RO use and now I'm about 45/55 RO/Tap when I fill up. 

Been a bit lazy about foliar. I will foliar for first time here shortly before dark period. Foliar mix will just be Agsil and Aloe to start. May rotate insect frass/em 1 with this foliar next. 

Will need to get serious about training soon... However this grow has been very chill. Did miss a watering once and went 4 days. Stress free growing is what this should be about. 

Currently only watering about .5-.6 gallons every 2 or 3 days per pot ! These are 15s. The amount of water I'm saving is amazing. Def less than just soil (peat/coco) and then vs hff Coco the amount saved is astonishing. Everything little thing we can do for mother Earth helps.

Cannabis Grow 00000IMG 00000 BURST20191214150456419 COVER

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/14/2019 12:17 pm CocoNoko and FarmerBrown liked

Going into D29 now. Did a insect frass foliar yesterday. Watered with EM1 and topped with ground barley as well last night. Been fighting an odd fruit fly issue and had not top watered in over a week. Topped with some DE during the week to help. Shall see if the new watering from top hatched more or not. Not a big deal.

Pineapple and Green Poison have both been topped twice now. Strawberry Cough is topped once and is being weird and already going asymmetrical which is annoying. The blueberry cheesecake runt has been also topped twice. I expect it to rally quick this week. I'll likely veg it a couple weeks longer when I flip.

Cannabis Grow 00000IMG 00000 BURST20191222124829765 COVER~2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/22/2019 9:54 am CocoNoko liked

I'm enjoying my garden of zen right now. It's relaxing hanging out in my "meadow". No real changes or updates. 

Cannabis Grow 00100lPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20191223220122495 COVER
Cannabis Grow 00000PORTRAIT 00000 BURST20191223220122495

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/24/2019 6:08 am CocoNoko liked

Gave the cover crop a haircut. Will likely be moving 3 of the 4 over to flower tent and veg out the blueberry cheesecake while I figure her out. I do need to actually finish building the flower tent... It's a work in progress... slowly... It appears I possibly owe my wife a new sewing machine...

Likely water only tomorrow and will clean up the tent since I made a mess with the haircut. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20191226 231144

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/26/2019 8:24 pm CocoNoko liked

D36 - Ended up watering with coconut water yesterday. Will do another foliar tonight of likely aloe x200, insect frass, fulvic, and Agsil. I'll try to get a video sometime... But my soil is most definitely alive with life. Just have to look real close and focus and then you'll see everything moving haha.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20191229 091720

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/29/2019 6:48 am Green Mountain liked

Cannabis Grow IMG 20191230 103153

A quick Monday morning look. I may water tonight? Not sure. I need to work on doing a transition topping also. Likely will do that tomorrow night and water then. Lately just been going into tent at lights on and deciding what to do then based on how they look. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20191229 215249

Been hard at work over here on the new tent. I wanted to maximize my room space, yet still have tents so I can run autos and photos at the same time. I have a silly drop ceiling in half the room and the room itself is only 9x10. I have a 4x4 and 2x4 in the room already. Once you consider the space needed for my window vents and then some storage space my area left is tiny. This is when I decided to make a tent to the exact space of my remaining space... AKA and L shape, it'll be 90" tall, and I'm making a fabric sleeve that'll fit a frame. Once complete I'll have about a 20" walking path between the tents and door haha. 

Got some soil prepping for new grow. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20191230 112110

I'll be germinating 6 autos to expand the grow on 1/1/20. I'll be running 4 organic living soil pots. Plan is 1 gallon to 5 gallon. However... I may bump up to 7 gallon if warranted. Then I'll have 2 Dry Coco pots. About 50% Coco, 30 aeration mix and the rest EWC. The strains that I'm running 2 of, will be 1 in dry amended coco and 1 in living soil for a comparison.  

2 x Purple Kush CBD - Seedsman

2 x Sour Stomper - Mephisto

1 x Northern Cheese Haze - Mephisto

1 x ummm not certain yet on 6th

Till next time...

Current music in the tent:

https://youtu.be/XxSmY7VNaCk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2019 8:51 am
+ Show 1 comments

Just had lights on and coming off a coconut and Agsil foliar spray prior. Should be able to flip the Green Poison and Pineapple Express #2 this weekend when I finish up the tent. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200101 204817
Cannabis Grow IMG 20200101 204807

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2020 5:57 pm Rosettastoned liked

First run with photos here so pretty inexperienced but we are flipping 3 of them. I think the pineapple express and green poison are ready. The strawberry cough is just getting unruly and huge so I figure it's best to flip. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200106 095103
Cannabis Grow IMG 20200106 095106
Cannabis Grow IMG 20200106 095109
Cannabis Grow IMG 20200106 095118

In the middle of a tent shuffle kind of while I finish up the flower tent but I've made it so I can flip one tent to 12/12. Also moved my rejects to the tent that's being built. It's not sealed or anything so hopefully it doesn't have too much light pollution during dark period. 

Reject hangout:

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200106 095416

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2020 7:07 am Chefomj liked
Page 1 / 3 Next