OG Kush and Gorilla Glue #4 Mainlined in DWX
Got these feminized seeds from cropking seed bank. Popped only one seed of each with a 12 hour soak in water followed by the paper towel method on a heat mat. After they opened and a 1/4" long tail was exposed, I planted them in rockwool cubes. Placed under a humidy dome for a few days. Inhad a 24" 24w sunblaster led running at this point.
|Flip Day: 66|
Got these feminized seeds from cropking seed bank. Popped only one seed of each with a 12 hour soak in water followed by the paper towel method on a heat mat. After they opened and a 1/4" long tail was exposed, I planted them in rockwool cubes. Placed under a humidity dome for a few days. I had a 24" 24w sunblaster led running at this point.
Let them grow 6 nodes long before I topped her down to the 3rd node on the OGK but a slip of the knife forced me to run the gorilla glue at the 2nd node for my mainlines. I followed Dr. Coco's guidlines of doing 8 main colas by making the cuts leaving the 3rd node on the first 2 toppings and the first node on the 3rd topping. I flipped to flower on day 58
|Total Days: 129|
|Flip Days: 2|
a few early veg pics of the grow. started under a 24W sunblaster light, then under 2 of them then under the 2 and a cheap board light mounted all together to give a bit more light, then I added an old vipar spectra 450W light to shine on just the OGK while the hodgepodge of lights was then just over the GG4. I will add the flower pics once I get my camera's memory card uploaded.
|Total Days: 129|
|Flip Days: 2|
Bear with me as I am still figuring out how to properly upload and make posts 🙂 assuming it worked properly. these pics show the duration of the flower. you may notice I broke off one of the 4 main branches on the GG4. Total accident, but she filled in well and you could barely tell by the end. The roots were ridiculous on both plants and virtually took up the entire volume of the 5 gallon buckets. I ended up wet trimming everything on Christmas day and boxing day and hung it up in my 2x4 veg tent to dry. I wasn't able to properly control the humidity. RH was around 40% for 6 days and temperature was between 55f-65f. I definitely have room to improve on this for my next dry cycle. When it came time to jar everything up, I filled just over 5 1L jars with the OG Kush and 6 1L jars with the gorilla glue. all the branches were crispy at this point and probably could have been jarred a day earlier. I don't anticipate on much weight being lost over the cure, if any, so I measured the yield on both.
OG Kush came in at 259 grams
...and the gorilla glue #4 came in at 247 grams
For a total of 306 grams. Basically half a gram per watt. I was aiming to get at least half a pound on my first run with this set up so I am pretty satisfied with my totals. The down side was the GG4 produced a nanner I didn't catch until it had already popped and pollinated part of the plants. I only have seen half a dozen seeds in the OG Kush, but a picked out a few dozen seeds during the trim and jarring of the GG4.
I have already been sampling both and they both already smoke pretty nice. I have already grown a clone of each of these and am really just hoping it doesn't self pollinate again. I ended up starting a new gg4 seed for the new years grow challenge as well as a OG Kush clone.