Forum

NYGC Fruit Salad: NG's Tangerine Dream (Barney's Farm)

Page 1 / 2 Next
n.grower
Prominent Member CfC Advisor
Proven Grower
Completed Grows
NYGC Fruit Salad: NG's Tangerine Dream (Barney's Farm)

For NYGC, I'll be doing two plants in my grow. Tangerine Dream & White Widow (White widow will be a faceoff with Chase!). To tune into my other grow, check it at this link! https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/community/color_diet/nygc-color-diet-ngs-w-w-faceoff-dwc-x-coco-x-soil/

I'll be growing under the following specs:

-DWC (using a 4 gallon cooler) w/ DIY water chiller

-Bargain Walmart oscillating fan

-4in Net pots

-2 x TS1000 (One for each plant)

-HTG UV A&B (Using Agromax bulbs)

SUPER STOKED to start on NYGC!!! Let's go everyone!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/22/2020 12:14 pm DrGreenDad, ironman300k, MissMyrcene and 8 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Today (1/1/21) i dropped the seed in the paper towel, hope she pops!

Pics when her tail pops 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2021 10:31 pm DrGreenDad, ironman300k, MissMyrcene and 2 people liked
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

So tangerine dream popped its leg out so quick, i felt it was necessary to drop her right in the rez today. Not more than a day behind and she's popped pretty quickly!

Cannabis Grow 1609651564325
Cannabis Grow 16097173571272647967986436272182
Cannabis Grow 16097173176575142724464776248860

I cant wait to see how she grows!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2021 3:45 pm DrGreenDad, ironman300k, Cali510 and 6 people liked
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

UPDATE!:

Helmet head is off, she's just popping off a little! Right behind my white widow nextdoor slightly.

Cannabis Grow 20210106 163705
Cannabis Grow 20210106 163708

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 3:13 pm DrGreenDad, ironman300k, Cali510 and 5 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Just thought id make an update, she's chuggin away right behind ms ww.

Cannabis Grow 20210112 113802
Cannabis Grow 20210112 113758

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2021 6:32 pm DrGreenDad, ironman300k, ChaseG1992 and 3 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

So sad day guys.... im sorry to say i'll be falling slightly behind...

I've been battling two things in my rez (and i learned a lot of things in the process.

When CFC fam says dont get cheap ph meters... DONT.... not for dwc.

Anywho, onto the story... i had two issues arise, one relating to the other (all is well now, however so dont fret!)

So begin my week, i was running short on ph down, so i ordered a big batch of phosphoric acid (85%) diluted it down to 42.5% by mixing 50/50 ratio of water + PA. Needless to say, it was delayed (thanks usps), so i had to use citric acid in its place... this is where the disaster started i believe...

Citric acid from my light reading, says that high amounts can cause bad microbes... well my ph meter was BROKEN! So what i read at 6.1-6.2ph (i was adjusting down), was really like 1-3ph (i found ph solution later and found out i was just below 4ph, after i got phosphoric acid 2 daysish later.). I got root and rez slimr...

I didnt know... fast fwd... phosphoric acid finally arrived and i got things gojng... did my mix, phed everything... plant wasnt happy for some reason... thats when i checked ph again, resting at 6.4... kept adding phosphoric acid, until i was 1/4-1/5th a bottle of ph down.... then it snapped and i realized thats an unusually large amount... i went scuffling for my ph test kit...

Low and behold i been riding really really really low ph... id say as far as 1-3ph!

I adjusted back with ph up, and for future reference everyone? When you're adjusting back and forth two extremely high acids? Your plant is gonna fry... CHANGE REZ ASAP!

Anywho, waited 24hrs... even less id say, entire plant crashed and died for tangerine dream. Im now trying to salvage white widow... so far she seems like she will bounce back! Wish me luck on that front...

Now i am looking for replacements... hopefully my NL auto cutting will root so i can toss it in the dwc rez to replace tangerine dream.... WISH ME LUCK GROWMIES!

P.S. You can catch me back over finishing up WW in the meantime (until I decide what I can do in replacement of this journal): https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/community/color_diet/nygc-color-diet-ngs-w-w-faceoff-dwc-x-coco-x-soil/#post-41610

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/20/2021 11:10 am DrGreenDad, Cali510, NewEngAutoTrees and 2 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows
NG's Tangerine Dream (Barney's Farm)

So, i'm continuing the journey for TD, through PS's seeds, 3 Bears OG x Double Grape.

Meet my new daugther guys! 🙂

Cannabis Grow 1

I dropped her, within 2 days she popped grew a 4in tail.

Today's day 4, and she's already stretched up 3-4 inches from stalk (she was planted on the BOTTOM of the netted pot), She's gonna be a vigorous girl. I can already sense it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2021 9:20 am HighPopeye, GRimINsanity, DrGreenDad and 4 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Cannabis Grow processed1
Cannabis Grow processed

Some progress a week later. I have a feeling this one's going to explode in growth alongside WW! So far I've given her a little too much, which i think taxed her slightly, and she showed it for a bit (darker leaves). 1 week later she's adjusted into her environment, and i expect her to take off really, really soon!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 12:56 pm DrGreenDad, NewEngAutoTrees, OldWoman and 3 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

So today, things are looking up slowly for the 3BOG x DG. I'm sure next week it will have that explosive growth i was looking forward to. Update below:

Cannabis Grow processed (3)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2021 7:24 am OldWoman, CrackBabies, ChaseG1992 and 3 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Weekly update: Topped today....

Cannabis Grow processed (11)

Thought I'd update on my topping day. I topped her before realizing, she has flipped on her own already. WHOOPS!!

Either way, her leaves are a little bit more established and she will be a smaller plant.

My problem with this grow is... I was so focused on everything around me, i forgot to raise ec weekly for this plant... feeding 600ec the entire grow was not a good idea... (completely slipped my mind, and will not happen next grow for sure!)

In my eyes, these small experiences and minor setbacks really teach us how to be better growers on the next run!

I hope she's a good yielder for me!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/15/2021 3:12 pm Green Mountain, ChaseG1992, NewEngAutoTrees and 2 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

It's been a good week since she has self-flowered. She's getting pretty big, i'm looking forward to moving her to the new tent with the old ts1000's soon. Pics soon to come when everything's set in and installed later this week (i'm still waiting for my fc3000 for my other room). Anywho, onto the photos!

Cannabis Grow processed (17)
Cannabis Grow processed (13)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/22/2021 1:03 pm ChaseG1992, NewEngAutoTrees and OldWoman liked
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

So i've moved my two autos into the 3x2 because the white widow was devouring the 3x3.5 space in the other room! (INSANE!) I trained it to squat as much as possible and it just doesn't stop with growth!!

Anywho, plant has exploded in growth exponentially! Check her out!!

Cannabis Grow processed
Cannabis Grow processed (3)

(Kratky experiment gone wrong, and converted to DWC on the left, and this thread's 3BOGxDG, which replaced tangerine dream, may you RIP TD!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/28/2021 11:16 pm ChaseG1992, HighPopeye, Richiebcookin and 1 people liked
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

3BOG x DG has been stacking up its flower sets... i'm soo ready for this grow to be finished... not because i'm tired of it? but because there's this sweet sweet candy smell coming from her! Whooooo, what a smell!!

Cannabis Grow processed7
Cannabis Grow processed6
Cannabis Grow processed5

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2021 7:52 am ChaseG1992, OldWoman and Alma M liked
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

So not much has happened between this and last week.....

.....BESIDES THEM BUDS STACKING AND STINKING UP MY HOUSE!

I had a guest come over, just to pick me up to go to dinner, and they said the smell hit them in the face like someone slapped them. I know it's her because i smell her up close and can tell, while the others are JUST starting to smell! Whooo boy soo stoked! I see bud sites going from top to bottom! Photos below:

Cannabis Grow 20210313 223534
Cannabis Grow 20210313 223507
Cannabis Grow 20210310 123903

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/15/2021 10:57 am iain, OldWoman and ChaseG1992 liked
n.grower
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Continuing on... She's frosting out everyday! I'm kinda excited to smoke this one, stinky stinky girl... stinking up my whole house with that sweet sweet aroma... I hope the terpene profile sticks at this spot right here.

Cannabis Grow processed2
Cannabis Grow processed (1)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2021 10:06 am ChaseG1992, iain, OldWoman and 1 people liked
Page 1 / 2 Next