Page 3 / 3 Prev
Alma M
  Alma M
Reputable Member Group Leader
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 55
Flip Day: 12

2-3 L of water today. 86F/60RH. Did some minor pruning a couple days ago and now will wait until she finishes stretching to strip off the rest of the lower branches and leaves. 

Cannabis Grow 20210225 010134

White widow on the right, Beanstalk on the left.

Happy flowering to everyone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/25/2021 12:35 am OldWoman liked
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 57
Flip Day: 14

2 weeks since the flip and we've got pistils, not long until her final pruning! Today they got about a litre of water. 83°F/60RH.

I've been raising the lights up every couple days, and pinching off the odd fan leaf. According to the lux meter and par conversion the ppfd ranges over the canopy from about 1000 in the hot spots and 500 in the corners. Dead center under a COB can be pretty intense and I've experienced foxtailing under this light later in flower when I can't raise the light anymore. Thankfully, if they keep stretching, I'll be able to move them into a 2x4 tent where they can finish flowering. For now, though, everything looks OK. 

Cannabis Grow 20210227 032457

White Widow on the right.. darker and less out of control than the Beanstalk Fast on the left. 

Cannabis Grow 20210227 032443

Cannabis Grow 20210227 032544

🌱🌿🌲

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/27/2021 1:18 am capkush, Richiebcookin, OldWoman and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 65
Flip Day: 22

She got pruned a few days ago! Most lower growth is gone. Been watering a litre and a half every other day roughly, a bit over 2L today with humics, LABs, and liquid kelp. 

77°F/57%RH. All good. 

Not sure if I should top-dress once more, maybe some 2-8-4 Gaia power bloom and worm castings in the next week or two. Also, should be moving into another tent when the current harvest is done drying in a few days. Hope everyone is doing well! 🌱🌿🌻🙃

Cannabis Grow 20210307 011432
Cannabis Grow 20210307 011341

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2021 2:21 am Richiebcookin liked
+ Show 1 comments
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 68
Flip Day: 25

Hey all, watered today after falling asleep early last night and not watering when I meant to. All seems good though.. gave around 2L of plain water today. 

Humidity dropped below 40 as I didn't fill my humidifier but no harm really.. back up to mid 50s. Will be dropping that a bit in the coming weeks. 

Beanstalk FAST/White Widow

Cannabis Grow 20210309 231349

Cannabis Grow 20210309 231359

Cannabis Grow 20210309 231428

She's starting to smell a bit and looking pretty good, still undecided about the top dress.. next watering if I do. Until then, happy flowering 🖖🌳🔥💨

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2021 8:44 pm OldWoman and Richiebcookin liked
+ Show 1 comments
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 72
Flip Day: 29

Yo, hope everyone's widow is white! Mine's coming along.. starting to get chunky. 

Cannabis Grow 20210314 045701
Cannabis Grow 20210314 045113

She just got 2L of water with a bit of kelp and EM. Light top dress will happen when I buck down my current harvest and free up that tent. I've been putting it off but these plants are starting to smell and I only have a carbon filter on my flower tent so I've gotta get to it. After work tomorrow.. maybe. Cheers y'all 👌🥖🔥💨

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/14/2021 3:19 am Green Mountain liked
+ Show 1 comments
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 75
Flip Day: 32

Moved tents! 2x4, mars sp250 at 12 inches or so away. Should be about the same intensity as before, just much more even spread. Same power consumption too, 235W. She's on an overturned dish bin to get her canopy to the same height as the Beanstalk.

84F, humidity in the 60s, trying to play with my settings to get the temp down and humidity stabilized. 

Cannabis Grow 20210316 052036

Cannabis Grow 20210316 052307

On the right still, a few floppy branches that were supported by the tent walls in the smaller tent. Might be time to get some plant yo-yos. 

Looking pretty solid otherwise.

Cannabis Grow 20210316 052226

I gave her a bit of a top dress, a tblsp of 4-4-4 all purpose and about 2 tblsp of 2-8-4 from Gaia green, and a handful of worm castings from the bin, a few worms included. 

Cannabis Grow 20210316 050651

Shouldn't be much else to do other than throw a mulch layer on and keep her watered and happy til harvest 🤙☘️

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/17/2021 12:03 am ChaseG1992, Green Mountain, Richiebcookin and 2 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 82
Flip Day: 39

Hey all! Watered about 3L yesterday and about 2 cups today. Everything is looking OK except a bit of leaf tip burn and what looks like mite excrement.

Cannabis Grow 20210322 053942

Not sure what to do about either. Leaf tips might be overfertilizing, I may have added amendments to an already hot soil. Maybe the switch in lighting? Either way, not much to do except maybe a flush. As for the mites, should I be spraying anything this late in flower? I'll figure something out but for now she's still going strong, starting to bulk up and get stank. 

76F/50-60 RH.. now at 80F/50RH with carbon filter attached. Might turn up the fan.

Cannabis Grow 20210322 053717

Cannabis Grow 20210322 053922

Cannabis Grow 20210323 231347

Happy growing 🤙

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/23/2021 8:25 pm CrackBabies, OldWoman and ChaseG1992 liked
+ Show 3 comments
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
NYGC Color Diet: It's a nice day for a White Widow,
Day: 89
Flip Day: 46

Just a couple more weeks, I think.

Cannabis Grow 20210330 234736

Cannabis Grow 20210330 234730

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/31/2021 2:12 am ChaseG1992, OldWoman and Richiebcookin liked
+ Show 1 comments
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Harvested: 04/15/2021
Total Days: 104
Flip Days: 2

She's done! Chopped this morning and hanging whole in my 20"x36" tent, inkbird controller set to 58%rh. Smells pretty good, fruity and funky.. can't wait to try her in a couple weeks. I'll update with a final weigh in and reflection on the grow. There are always so many things to look at and learn from but overall things went alright, looking forward to the next one. Happy growing✌️

Pre harvest pics:

Cannabis Grow 20210413 192913

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/15/2021 8:18 pm ChaseG1992 liked
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Cannabis Grow 20210413 192611
Cannabis Grow 20210413 192650

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/15/2021 8:20 pm Richiebcookin, OldWoman, CrackBabies and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Alma M
  Alma M
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Hey all! Final update. The buds have dried and went into jars a few days ago. I just pulled a nug and am smoking it as I type.. the quality is solid. Burns well and tastes pretty good so I'm happy with that. I just wish there was more of it.. only pulled 55g off this plant which is pretty disappointing. I pulled more off my first ever plant which I did not train at all.

Anyway, after I weigh and smoke my harvest I like to reflect on the grow.. There are always things to learn and right now I'm focused on the dismal weigh in. I'm not too sure what contributed to the poor yield.. could have been too aggressive or mistimed with pruning, poor moisture management during early flower, or maybe lack of support for the colas when they started packing on weight.

The asymmetry of the stretch makes me think that there may have been some dry pockets or something. I don't like growing in these milk crates and probably never will again, they are a pain to water/re-wet, and dry inconsistently. I now have a couple 7 gal grassroots living soil pots that should be easier to deal with. I've learned that moisture management in soil is incredibly important and is probably one of the biggest issues with my growing. It's's been a challenge for me to figure out.. I understand why people love blumats. Previously I think I let my soil dry back too much and didn't have enough perlite in my mix. I'm adding more aeration into my mixes now and trying to maintain a more consistent mositure level and I don't think the crates help with that. Lesson learned.. watering properly is already something I struggle with and I'm not trying to make it any harder for myself. 

On to my next issue/weakness: training and pruning. I think I pruned a little too aggressively a little too late. Also, there was the accidental second topping but it had a good amount of time to recover. I need to have more of a vision for my plants and train and prune with intention early on. I really hate larf so I tried being more aggressive than I usually am but I don't think I did a very good job.. I went a bit too far with clearing leaves and pruned off some bigger branches a bit too late. I am gonna be a bit more moderate and keep more fan leaves like I usually do for the next grows.. maybe earlier shoot pruning as well. 

Also.. I moved this plant from a smaller tent where it had the support of the tent walls into a larger one where it flopped all over. I made this move after the stretch which was probably kinda stupid. I've heard if the plant has to put resources into holding itself up it probably won't have as much to put into flowering.. seems to make sense and probably didn't help my yield at all.

I think I tried too many new things with this grow and mostly bungled it. The first half of this grow went well.. now I've just gotta work on flowering.. improve my training and my mositure management.. keep it simple and hopefully see some better results. I'm always learning and this grow was a bunch of little lessons on what not to do, I try not to beat myself up over it, learn from it, and enjoy the process. Hope you all enjoyed the journey, as much of a struggle as it can be, it's always rewarding. 🌱🌿🌳👌🔥💨

Happy harvesting to everyone! 

Bud shot:

Cannabis Grow 20210426 013243

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2021 11:47 pm ChaseG1992 and Richiebcookin liked
+ Show 1 comments
Page 3 / 3 Prev