Forum

NYGC-Chef kush grow

Page 1 / 6 Next
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Chefomj's basic set up. I will be running a 5x5x7 vivosun grow tent. I will run 1000 watt metal halide and 1000 watt high pressure sodium with 2x led 75 watt grow light strips. However I will start seedlings under a few cfls and a 200 watt full spectrum fluorescent. My tent is going to be raised off the floor for a gravity drain system. And will get an automated watering system set up, hopefully by flip date.

Medium and nutes. I'm running Kyle Kushman's Vegamatrix in Coco perlite for the first time and excited to challenge myself with this medium and @dr-coco fertigation techniques. I'm glad I've got to spend some time growing along side @dr-coco and I'm confident in my abilities. Looking forward to following my peers and all the new growers' journals.

About me and the strains I'm growing. I'm a medical grower in the PacNW and have been growing in soil for about 5 years now. I've made my own soil mixes, recycled soil, organic, and synthetic nutrients. My style is mostly fly by day, roll with the punches, and learn as I go. But growing became a passion and decided to educate myself to further my experiences. I'm currently enrolling in school for horticulture, soil biology, and plant science and will be going to work for my local dispensary in the grow department as soon as I possibly can. I grow for medical reasons and I'll explain as we go.

The strains I'm growing will be OG kush and blueberry kush from Grower's Choice, along with a cbd cream and cheese from seedsman. The blueberry has been a teenage favorite and I wanted to grow one of the same strains as drcoco. The CBD cream and cheese will be donated to a medical patient but I will keep a little to try. OG kush, well what can I say this strain has many medical benefits, though I'm focused on pain and stress relief.

Can't wait to grow together with all that participate. I welcome all growers to the community and hope the best for everyone in this challenge. Grower's Love!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/29/2018 6:35 pm FarmerBrown, bubble bubble, Cocohawk and 9 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
  Anonymous
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Can’t wait to see it all unfurl.. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 11:28 am
Longster
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan

Cant wait for your experiences with the Veganic Nut mix. That shold be interesting. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 3:10 pm
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Hydrating my Coco, @dr-coco has a link for my medium, comes pre buffered. Mixed in perlite, maybe a little too much. Trying to get the feel for the medium and when it needs watering.

IMG 20181230 184817514

IMG 20181230 184835275

Watered with boost (calmag) and primezyme in distilled water at 170ec, almost the same as my starting well water, which I'm going to check for mineral deposits. Need to make sure my ec budget is safe! Ec outflow 800.

IMG 20181230 185031911
IMG 20181230 185019725

Run off from 1qt. water in my 1 gallon pot was pretty significant around 35%. Run off came fairly quickly since it's a plastic pot with holes in the side.

IMG 20181230 191514657

Hard for me to tell aside from color how hydrated it is. But since I've been using roots organics which is mostly Coco, I think I have a good grasp on it. I did add a bit of perlite trying to go for the look of the Roots organics original, just guesstimated. The medium is really light weight. Since ec was 800 I took it out of my bucket and will do a plain distilled water and recheck when I feel it needs hydrating again. Really borderline for a seedling imo but ffof is crazy high ec and roots organics original runs around 1400, never had a problem with seedlings. Thoughts?

I'm sure it will be fine and I'll dial in this FREQUENT fertigation style. And manage a good ner with my well water, still need to confirm it though. I'm fairly certain it's some of the best drinking water one has tasted from a tap. Ec/ppm 165/109.

My seeds will soaked then rolled in mycorrhiza, when the tap root appears I will dust it with mycorrhiza, place a small amount of it in root riots and give this primezyme a rhizosphere to work with ?. I should have ec in a manageable level, the doctor might be scared of my starting numbers though. But I will try to manage this fertigation with this feed schedule.

Vegamatrix feed chart

excited to get started and wish all of you a happy New year and a happy birthday to some plants lol.????✌️

ae080aaa2adc0060fda21a29c7cb388f  hail mary so true

Growers Love!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 7:50 pm FarmerBrown, SmokesUp, Trichomefarmer and 4 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Seeds are wet by 11:13 pm PST. Coco is hydrated and still a little high ec but not going to fret much about it.

IMG 20181231 231458527

They will hit paper towels in a few hours and be placed near my pellet stove. Looking forward to seeing all those tap roots show!! 

famous inspirational sayings 10331 0

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2018 11:24 pm FarmerBrown, SmokesUp, Trichomefarmer and 3 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Californiakid
Prominent Member Charter Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Happy new year growmie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2019 12:37 am Chefomj liked
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Well got 3 of 4 seeds in rapid rooters. My wife mixed my trays up so my kush got mixed up. I think the blueberry is the one trailing, I'll probably pop another one if it doesn't have a tail in the next 24-36 hours. Was reading the seed site and they say it could take up to 4 days to germinate so we'll see.  Happy growing all!!

IMG 20190103 065743965

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2019 7:05 am FarmerBrown, Kushman, Californiakid and 1 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Lol, I can't imagine doing this without her support. She's my connoisseur and QC expert lol. She also gets me second guessing myself, when I grab the scissors, when I mix things, etc. Always in my bizz and but pretends to pay no interest in why. I'm just glad she lets me upgrade and asks me what I need. 

funny inspirational quotes about life lessons 1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2019 12:55 pm FarmerBrown, Trichomefarmer, Tickle and 2 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Got my saucers, drain line, h2o2, and a pump for a res. My timer has to be sent from another shop across town so I'll pick it up soon along with a main feed line. I forgot to put that on my list the connectors and drippers will be added when they go into final pots.

IMG 20190103 202458548
IMG 20190103 202348091
IMG 20190103 202430703
IMG 20190103 202407776

My table is being built by a friend and he'll bring it over in a couple weeks. Think I'll get the roots organics rain for my wetting agent but will look into other options.

No helmets yet and I just stuck the seed with no tail in the rapid rooter, stuck them back in a dome. I can wait a bit and still manage to flip with the other plants, incase I have to drop another seed. Happy growing all!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2019 9:11 pm FarmerBrown, Trichomefarmer, Kushman and 2 people liked
+ Show 7 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

4:20 am CBD cream and cheese has a helmet and a long tap root. Funny because the kush seed had the longest tail. C'mon beans!

IMG 20190104 041451452
IMG 20190104 041447799

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2019 4:31 am FarmerBrown, SmokesUp, Trichomefarmer and 5 people liked
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Came home from work and the little gal exploded out of the rapid rooter, so I put her in some Coco.

IMG 20190104 220137951

Still no signs of sister hood. I can see the tap roots and seeds look fine on the others but I'm about to pop another bbk no tap root but I'll work with the seed and see if she'll pop in water.

Got my timer today ? my wife splurged on this one. She said she didn't want to get a cheap p.o.s. and I was very happy.

IMG 20190104 212422540

She also picked up a free sample of mammoth p bloom enhancer and mammoth p papers with crutch rolls included. ?

IMG 20190104 212442542

Can't wait to get set up, I'm pulling my clone early just to get my tent cleaned out and set up. Trying to get prepared so I can work on other projects.???✌️

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2019 10:13 pm FarmerBrown, SmokesUp, Trichomefarmer and 3 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

@dr-coco I'm not sure what the settings are. I figured I would just set it daily since I'll be changing the res daily. The guy at the grow store sold it to my wife, I just gave her a list and that's what I ended up with. Here's a description on the side, it's sealed and I haven't opened it yet.

IMG 20190104 231232216

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2019 11:20 pm Trichomefarmer liked
+ Show 4 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

First fertigation event for the sprout and still no signs of sister hood. I dropped another bbk seed to soak and will germinate in a paper towel again, then will plant directly into coco as opposed to the rapid rooters. Now I'm thinking the kush seed was the one that sprouted since it had the long tail. The CBD weren't very long before placing them in rooters, hopefully I see heads soon or looks like I'm starting all over lol. Getting past the crucial part seems tough this round.

Rh is really low around here despite the rain. I have a small space heater to keep temps up but it's dropping rh about 20%. Sitting at 38% rh, temp 77f, ec inflow 586 ec outflow 436. Watered one cup and got 1/3 for run off. Forgot to use my distilled water or it would have been a little lower inflow, though I may not have diluted the seedling solution so much if I had. @dr-coco if you were curious at all about the seedling recipe for Vegamatrix ec, I used my well water which is around 140-164 ec at half gallon and half doses the ec came out a little over 800-850. I'd say it's a pretty safe recipe in regards to ec and will play it up with that recipe in the next 2 weeks. Cheers!!

IMG 20190105 180026405

I'm calling this one Dolly, after hearing a Dolly Parton song while I mixed my nutes lol ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 6:29 pm FarmerBrown, DREVS, Trichomefarmer and 3 people liked
+ Show 5 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Well not sure what happened to the CBD seeds but the tails just stopped growing. I dropped another bbk and have a tail that's almost ready for planting. Now I'm soaking 2 more CBD seeds and hoping I can get caught up. Looks like I'll be behind everyone this round ?. Glad we have a longer veg time lol. I can't post any pics when I attach file and try to use the check box to load it, I get a bad gateway message. ???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2019 4:53 am FarmerBrown liked
+ Show 9 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Dolly is going strong, still no sign of sisters, figured the bbk would be up by now but it hasn't been that long. 2 more CBD seeds went in Coco this morning little delicate things. 

IMG 20190108 200220477

I've heard about using the peroxide, never tried it. I have never really had problems with seeds, infact I usually plan to pop more then I need and end up having to do something with them.

I found this seed was just hollow on the inside the kush that didn't germinate.

IMG 20190108 061430236

If these other beans don't pop and I only get one plant I'll be switching the tent out and use my 600 watt hid instead. Guess I better get that one cleaned up just incase lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2019 8:20 pm FarmerBrown, cheaphomegrow and Kushman liked
+ Show 2 comments
Page 1 / 6 Next