Mimosa Cake Auto by FastBuds
This grow is Mimosa Cake Auto, grown in 4ft x 2ft in coco.
I am starting the journal late, the harvest will be complete in two days. Originally i was going to grow strain together with @knut but things got delayed and put off doing the journal. I will try to put the dates in if i cannot set it manually in the thread, and add some narrative of the grow and its challenges.
Overall this grow had a number of environmental problems throughout but the result is pretty good so I would say thats an indication these genetics are solid. The grow took 11.5 - 12 weeks from seed drop, lighting was 20h on / 4 h off, #2 airpots (1.8 gallon i think), handwatered 5-6x per day. The last half of flowering (after week 8) was under a Mars SP 300 that draws 275w.
Fertilizer was Jacks321 with only a few adjustments early in veg and late in flower. I used very few additives, just tribus microbial inoculate every two weeks, and kelp applied for a week when the pistils showed, and a week after stretch.
Week 0. seeds dropped 9-23-22. A few days after they germinated we had a big storm which fortunately missed us but knocked the power out for a couple days. The seedlings had to get whatever light was available thru the widows, during the cloudy overcast days. So they got a little stretchy.
Oct 4 2.5 weeks
potted the rooters into solo cup. I planted them a little low to make up for the stretch.
The plants are showing a magnesium deficiency because i didn’t have any epsom salt, so instead of Jacks 321 they were getting 320. This demonstrated pretty well that the extra Mg is needed. Due to storm, there was a delay getting the epsom for a few weeks. By the end of the week 3 the mg def was really showing.
October 14 end of 4 weeks.
i have used a foliar a few times to improve the mg def, and also added a bit of extra nitrogen to get better color. Transplanted from solos to the airpot. They had strong roots, i could have transplanted a few days earlier.
Oct 21 End of five weeks.
i picked the best two. I was considering growing without topping but they are looking too vigorous to fit, so i topped above the seventh node, not my usual practice.
October 28 end of 6 weeks.
signs of flower are appearing especially on the larger one. They are showing a definite maturity difference.
I had to pull the plants out of the tent and stash them in my garage in trash cans for a day so that some work could be done on the house. They were a little mopey after that treatment but not too bad.
Nov 4 end of week seven.
Stretching. Some leaf damage showing where the leaves got wet from humidity and the fan blew on them. This was a continuing problem especially for the plant on the right, the smaller one, which also had lighter leaves.
Nov 11 end of week 8.
i have had the new light for a few days, the coverage is much improved. Might have stressed them a bit but i am running it at slightly lowered power.
Nov 25 end of week 10.
they are maturing fast. I forget sometimes how quick autos finish in the last few weeks.
December 2 end of week 10.
the larger plant is very close to ready, the smaller is within a couple weeks.
Dec 7 week 11.5 (day 83)
harvested the larger plant i like the way it came out. The other is a week away.
I opened up the the second plant a bit and it finished much quicker than i expected. Autos always surprise me. Lost a lot of leaves, no awards for the prettiest foliage but that trimmed right off. The buds aren’t as densely stacked but each bud looks filled and with good trich coverage. I think this will be a very nice result. I will definitely grow this mimosa cake again, with some environmental and training changes. Maybe a larger container and double top, and a few extra additives, as this was a very simple run.
This grow is all done drying and curing. The yield was about 370 grams, so thats decent for the tent size. It has a nice flavor and aroma, mostly fruity like berries and pineapple with pretty nice thc levels.