For this grow: Lemongrass from Humboldt Seed Company. These are feminized photos, and are a cross between Lemon Kush x Gelato according to the breeder. From the package it looks like they backcrosssed to the lemon kush three times so i expect those genetics will dominate.
I plan to grow 2 or 3 plants in my 2x4 tent, in coco. I have three 120w qb boards, and usually they need to be dimmed to 280-300w. The containers will be two or three gallon airpots, and topped once or twice depending on the growth habit.
Five seeds were started in some tap with once drop (per oz) of 12% H2O2 overnight till they sank, then into paper towels. 4/5 seeds have sprouted in the first day, thats not bad, and they are in solo cups today.
The last seed germinated a day after the others, so five out of five within two days. Moved the seedlings into the grow tent for better light, the 15w led is not quite enough. Feeding at quarter strength.
i had to restart this grow so there has been a little delay. These were transplanted from solos into half gallon pots a couple days ago, and will be topped tomorrow. I notice a few light areas on the leaves, but the new growth looks fine. I had started them in pure coco, no perlite, and i think that substrate mix stays a little too wet. Next time, back to 10% perlite even for seedlings.
Adjusted the feed ec up and added some ammonium nitrate to the mix to offset the high ec tap amd the leaves greened up well. My source water is about 550 this season and currently the feed is about 1800.
flipped last saturday, the canopy is pretty even tho not very level.
also doing some solo cups, if theres room in there
Stretching. I had been adding a small amount of ammonium nitrate to the 321 and i notice the runoff pH stays right at 6.0 lets see what happens now that it is no longer in the feed. Ec in is still about 1700. Humidity is high and i will need to turn on the room dehumidifier later when the flowers fill in.
Heres the little branch that i broke which necessitated an extra week before flip. It healed up,tho.
The stretch is finishing. Feeding straight 321 at 1800ec or so and the runoff is about the same, with my tap still at 550, pH out is maintaining. I will be watching for signs of hunger. The solo cup babies are a bit neglected, its hard to feed them enough by hand, and they are in lower light.
I added a agromax 28w florescent grow bulb which looks blue into the light mix. I may swap in some other lights to get up to 300w and better coverage, but then i would be fighting temps so thats the tradeoff. I am still trying to decide on whether to put in a net.
The shorter plant has stretched a bit more and the canopy is flatter. Even one of the the solo cup got to the top although they are just a lark. This is the end of the third week afer flip.
They are still under the 240w (plus the agromax) and could use more light, but they are doing well and dont need the extra heat. They are staying below 80f which i cannot seem to maintain with another light. Maybe add one more light or maybe another agromax. Decisions, lol.
They are using a surprising amount of water, like 1.5g per day just to get a bit of runoff. Still the same feed ec, this week i will probably boost the PK a little. Also gave an dose of maxicrop liquid seaweed.
Four weeks since flip, so about half way thru flower. I put the second light into the tent, its about 55-60k lux across. Its interesting how different the solo cup plants look, same as the bigger ones with two different size phenos. The solos need more frequent watering than i am able to give.
After the stretch i put in another qb board so the power is about 300w. Last week i also added maxicrop liquid seaweed at 1ml per g. It noticeably darkened the foliage. No other changes in feed.
Some of the outer colas that stretched more are getting floppy and i am hoping they hold without a net.
End of week five:
There are two distinct phenos even in the solo cups. One is considerably lankier, and it struggles to maintain its color, the other shorter one is decent green with only slightly smaller inflorescence and approximately the same number of leaves. They aren’t getting enough feeding, with lights on at night i can only get in two or three times a day. Higher ec is helping a little.
The end of six weeks. They are ripening pretty quickly. The breeder says an eight week strain, that looks to be true. The calcium nitrate was reduced the last couple feeds, and now it can be omitted, feeding only the jacks 5-12-26. Raised the lights a little to avoid foxtailimg.
Getting very near the end, seven weeks in flower. Been flushing for a few days with just plain water in the res, and the lights are dimmed a bit for low stress ripening.
Heres the breeder picture vs one of the flowers in this grow.