Grow 1.5

Page 1 / 6 Next
Kushman
  Kushman
Noble Member Charter Member
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

So I'm calling this grow 1.5 because I'm still in the process of growing my first plant! But I'm starting to more little seedlings and I'm going to be doing the 50/50 coco coir to dirt mix instead of my initial plan to just use super soil. 

ANYWHO

Lights - 1 mars hydro eco 49 (102 watts) and 130 watts of CFLs .one plant will be under the led and one under the CFLs

50% Soil: pro mix mycorrhizae pH .Ingredients: 

• SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS (65-75%) 
  • PERLITE 
  • LIMESTONE 
  • WETTING AGENT 
  • MYCORRHIZAE - GHA297 TECHNOLOGY 

50% coco perlite mix. final pot size will be 7 gallon.

Seeds - my buddy Gave me some randoms out of his weed (pure kush he calls it) so they are plain ol' mystery seeds! 

1 plant will be in my 2×4 tent with my other big plant and my other in the closet of the same room about 2×6.

I will be using the general organics nutrient line up and some grotek kick start for seeds .

20181015 080021

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 4:23 pm Trichomefarmer, Californiakid and Dr Coco liked
Kushman
  Kushman
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

thursday, October 4

I started off by using the grotek kick start at 1/4 strength and I just lightly sprayed each rooter until they were a bit TO moist, and then just squeezed the extra water out. I then planted the 2 seedlings and put them in an ice cream bucket under my sink for about 24 hours. I then  went and bought a tray and dome and put the rapid rooters under the mars hydro light.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 4:35 pm
Kushman
  Kushman
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

monday, October 8

The seeds popped out of the dirt on October 7 but they weren't picture worthy yet! But I start my day count the day they come out of the dirt. 

Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the 1st couple of pics for the one plant. But here's the other! 

20181008 174501

I think its doing amazing considering I planted it 4 days ago! The other one is about the same not as tall and it came out straight 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 4:44 pm tree dawg, Trichomefarmer, Californiakid and 1 people liked
Kushman
  Kushman
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

Tuesday October 9

So I won't be posting everyday don't worry. But I had this amazing picture of the other plant and it really sucks I lost it. And it would have been the picture for this day . 

On Monday it was looking pretty normal a few inches tall .On Tuesday morning I came back and the root was sticking way out of the bottom of the rapid rooter! It was so wild haha so heres an illustration by yours truely! 

20181015 174830

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 4:49 pm tree dawg, Trichomefarmer, Californiakid and 2 people liked
Kushman
  Kushman
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

Sunday, October 14

the 1st day of week 2! 

So right now the seedlings are actually just in 100% of that pro mix I mentioned, i started a little bit before I decided to do the coco and soil. But they are only in 4" peats right now .

I'm going to be transplanting the plant AND the pot because it's a peat pot .I'm a little unsure of this method, how long does it take for the pot to break down? 

So far no nutrients have been added accept the rapid start and I did some daimond black and 1/4 strength maybe 4 days ago .I haven't done any nutes yet because I burned the one a bit with the daimond black. But I think they are ready for nutes! 

20181015 180123
20181015 180203
20181015 180021
20181015 180057

I'm naming the plants that because my buddy who gave me the seeds is named Danny! Great guy he's an outdoor grower 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 5:04 pm Knut, tree dawg, Trichomefarmer and 1 people liked

First,

I love the write ups! Please feel free to post everyday or several times per day. There is no limit and we love it!

Second,

I don’t think I can remember another grower ever posting an illustration for their plant! Just awesome! 

Third,

seedlings look good! Pics are a week old- so hoping the last week has been good to them. 

I look forward to following this journey to your first harvest! Thanks for sharing!  ? 

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 5:09 pm Californiakid liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Kushman
  Kushman
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

Monday, October 15

i just had to post another pic. look at them only another day later! 

20181015 180757
20181015 180846

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 5:10 pm Knut, Californiakid and Dr Coco liked
+ Show 1 comments

Looking good. Try to take pictures under normal lighting and they will look even better  ? !

I am really glad you started your journal too. I really think there is no better way to learn how to grow than to keep a journal and receive helpful feedback and support from the community. 

To tag me, you have to put a dash, dr-coco. It is a pain, so I am going to try to change my username so that it can be just drcoco (no space)

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 8:29 pm
+ Show 1 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
(@chefomj)
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Looking good @jeezusjuiicee I usually start my seedlings under cfls for the first couple weeks but looks like you're doing just fine. I think they grow faster under the cfls forthe first couple weeks imho. In regard to the peat pot it won't "break down" as you would think. Having it in a peat medium will only prolong decomposition. But the peat will take a very long time to break down to the point of decomposition in a peat medium and overall you will still be growing half peat and half coco. Promix isn't technically soil.

Nice write up. I post stuff a lot too so no worries mate. ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 9:54 pm Trichomefarmer, Californiakid and Dr Coco liked

Glad you are here @Chefomj ! You will be an awesome resource for @jeezusjuiicee   ? 

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 10:33 pm Californiakid and Chefomj liked
Kushman
  Kushman
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

No wonder I couldn't tag you! Haha. And about the lighting... I know I know the 1st half of my 1st grow I was taking it out of the light to take pictures .but then I got super lazy and stopped xD I'll start doing that again for the new ones! And thank you @chefomj I wont use the peat pots! Glad to have you here 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2018 10:55 pm Chefomj liked
+ Show 3 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
(@chefomj)
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Sorry about that it said the page wasn't working and didn't realize I posted that many times. My bad, I tried deleting them but don't think I can.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/16/2018 12:51 am
Dr Photon
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Simply awesome.  ? 

Being wrong, is an opportunity for getting things right.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/16/2018 12:53 am

Even better!

I am trying to imagine the reaction... I'd probably get mugged

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/16/2018 12:54 am Californiakid liked

Yeah, that was odd - may have been my fault. I tried to delete the duplicate comment probably at the same moment that you did.

I also just did a little update that may have triggered the problem in the first place.

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/16/2018 12:57 am
Page 1 / 6 Next