Grand daddy purple small tent coco grow
Welcome to my grow journal.
This grow is in a 2x4 foot tent in coco using LED. Theres one Bubblegum Kush and two Grand Daddy Purple from cuttings taken from my previous plants, which are in my prior journal if you would like to see their predecessors. This is a medical grow for personal use. I’ve been growing for many years but less experienced indoors.
The cuttings are getting close to ready to flip. They are different ages clearly. When the smallest gets better established, perhaps a week, it will be flip time. The youngest cutting was taken about 5 weeks ago and all the cuttings have been in low intensity environment.
The smallest on the left is Bubble Gum Kush, the two rightmost are GDP cuts taken from two different plants.
To fill in the backstory, here are some pix from the start of the grow.
Lets go back in time some weeks...
The cuttings were taken before flipping the mothers. They were rooted using rooting powder in perlite and coco. I didn't have rooting plugs for the first ones, they make things easier but cannabis roots eagerly.
Moved the rooted cuttings into the ubiquitous little red cups
After transplanting, I kept the cuttings under low light (cfl and led, approx 100w). I fed regular nutes and also some liquid kelp. This was a bad combination and the plants went into false flower reveg shock.
Ive seen this shock before in outdoor plants. It slowed growth a little, but they are coming back to full veg growth.
Still vegging. The small bubblegum is still not recovered.The gdp is ready to go. I’m indecisive about whether to start flower, and with or without the bubble. The gdp look big enough to fill the space. Hmm...
Bubblegum kush and two grand daddy purple
The bubblegum kush is still struggling to recover. Nice roots penetrating the container and steady growth is a good sign but it seems a week away. Its just getting back compound leaves.
The gdp are growing nicely. Looks like they need higher NER but if i do that they’ll outgrow the space. Should i pull the bk and start flower with the gdp, flower all three, or wait another week. Today i am leaning toward flowering out the two gdp only, and saving the bk.
Starting to liven up.
i finally put the drain lines into place. Used trays with grooved bottoms and a predrilled half inch hole. A grommet holds tubing in place watertight, and an access hole drilled through the plastic fold up table drains into buckets below. Very convenient.
here they are outside the tent, to get a better sense of the size
heres the canopy after some more pruning out of excess nodes
Filling in, a week or so after flip, showing some stretch...
Im not sure what will happen with the small one, lets see if its worth messing with. The original yielded nice buds, so i hope to get something worthwhile. The two bigger plants would have filled the space, but it will be nice to get some bubblegum too.
Two weeks into stretch, setting flowers. Ive always wondered why some flower tops dont fire and stretch, while others stretch like crazy.
Day 21 of flower. The foliage is filling back in nicely.
i defoled the small one a few days after the first two, as it wasnt ready.
Every time i’ve grown, at this point three weeks or, the runoff ec hits the roof. Even before i make any changes to the feed line. Its something to control until i figure it out. Extra hff to maintain 800ppm in and 1400 ppm out, but the runoff stays stubbornly higher than that, like at 1800.
One week after the defoliation, its all leafy. No problems. Nice bud development along the cola and stigma are still fat and white.
The feed in is 950ppm, out is 1350. I have bumped up the Part 1 nutrients by a bit, thus increasing the other macro nutrients relative to the Part 2 calcium nitrate. The feed is higher than before but keeping runoff at this level seems fine.
End of week 4. Buds are developing. Some pistils are turning red. Its all nice and healthy.
Feed is supplemented with some mkp to boost the phosphorus.
I Spread the outer branches to let air and light down in there to the extent there is room. May need to remove some larger fan leaves from the middle.