SAFC Misfit Autos: Fruity Pebbles x Banana Tangie
For my debut grow I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go soil rather than DWC. As strange as that sounds I have never grown in soil 🤣 Due to our quarantine situation keeping me from my job I had to choose a cheaper method but didn't want to let this keep me from growing.
I am using genetics from a home breeder I traded with saving some money but was assured I would not be disappointed.
I m using 600 MH/HPS. This is my first time growing outside of LED so there's gonna be a bit of a learning curve.
Using Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil.
I made up a batch of F.P.J to feed with.
Still waiting on soil and a replacement bulb in the mail but thought I would check out the progress on my fermented plant juice.
This is my first attempt at this but over the past few months I researched it heavily and thought why not??? It's still snowing here in Michigan but during a few of our warm days I took a walk and picked the early prolific growers to be a part of this natural fertilizer.
I used my mushroom grow tub to germ in because of its controlled heat and humidity.
Finally got some sprouts 👌
Still waiting on my new light and fabric pots. I have never used fabric but decided to go with 3 gallons.
Transplanted in to 3 gallon fabric pots. Changed to watering with distilled water with a bit of calmag added.
Plants have been much happier. The lower leaf wilting has stopped.
I m tempted to try some LST but I have no experience. I have looked at a few of the other grow journals in my misfits team and I am still a bit Leary. I may attempt with one plant and see how it goes. I am going to give them a chance to get rooted in a bit more after transplant before I try. Maybe if a fellow misfit sees this post they may lend a bit of Insight.
Aphids have become my nemesis!!! Trying to avoid using any insecticide. Because of the season most places are sold out of ladybugs or charging ridiculous prices. A fellow CFC grower gave me a bit of insight on the use of ladybugs via podcast and I have opted not to use them. I m researching alternative's. Other than this my plants have been incredibly slow growing. The breeder I obtained my seeds from informed me this strain is slow-to-start. Practicing patience 🤔
First attempt at LST. It also gave me a chance to look over each plant and pick off the aphids. The infestation is not as bad as I thought. I sprayed them with insecticidal soap and neem oil for precaution.
Turned up ballast to 400 watts and raised the light to accommodate the added heat. Trying to keep her under 80F
Sticky traps are a success!!!
Plants seem to be free of bugs. Traps show the body's of the brave who tried to beat me LMFAO
I also mixed distilled with a bit of tap water to bring my EC to a comfortable level. pHed water to 6.8 and turned ballast all the way up raises light a bit and all seems to be going well. Training is going well also. The bottom leaves that touched the soil during training have started to die so I am assuming that should be avoided in the future.
Very happy with improvements.