Forum

Dr Coco's DHGC Grow

Page 6 / 6 Prev
Rosettastoned
Honorable Member Charter Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I have had this scale since my early 20s.  It still works perfect.  A nickel weighs 5 grams every time.

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse" Stanley Hudson
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 5:54 am Trichomefarmer, Dr Coco and Chefomj liked
+ Show 5 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was a pretty crazy - very long and busy day. I barely had opportunity to log in here and am trying to get caught up!

I harvested the final not-photo last night and it was a very nice little plant. I now only have the DGTH left in the tent and she started her flush last night. She is really looking nice and is a really giant plant. She'll be coming down in the middle of next week!

We also have my wife's plant on the flush now. I just asked her when she planned to harvest it and she looked at me with an absolutely blank expression. LMAO. It'll be this week too!

The first two harvested plants are stable in jars. All of them right about 65% which is where I like them for the first week or so.

I have a lot of projects and things to get caught up with today. Such a busy week that everything else in my life has been ignored and needs attention! But I am almost through with the semester and really looking forward to having much more time for all things coco for cannabis!

MUCH Grower Love!

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2018 9:14 am Trichomefarmer, Kushman, Californiakid and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments

Get caught up with photos...

The smallest Not-Photo: The pic hanging is already dried. The pic on the scale is approximate, but about 20g. 

DSC 1224
DSC 1221

Next up was the Final Not-Photo. I just harvested and trimmed her last night.

DSC 1238
DSC 1235
DSC 1234

And here is the final plant. The Female DGTH. She got pretty large and I am really enjoying her structure. I certainly could have trimmed more growth tips, but they were damn hard to get to until recently. In any event, she is one of, if not the, largest plant I have grown in a tent. She has a few days left to flush, Looking at Tuesday - possibly Wednesday to harvest. Thinking about a partial harvest after different periods of dark - you know, because of the Dark Harvest Grow Challenge!

DSC 1242
DSC 1241

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2018 8:47 pm Californiakid, Kushman, Chefomj and 1 people liked

12/12 Day 76

DGTH Turns Purple!

So, it happened again! On my last grow, the largest plant (one of two Shining Silver Hazes that I was growing) turned suddenly and dramatically purple right at the end. Well, the DGTH is doing the same thing. 24 hours before, there was just barely an indication that this was coming. And then BAM! Check it out!

DSC 1255
DSC 1254
DSC 1253
DSC 1249

I feel more than a little guilty, but this DGTH is an impressive plant. It is really very large and occupies almost half my normal growing area. The buds have developed very nicely over the past couple weeks and the trichomes are approaching peak ripeness. She may be in the dark for good now though. 

I moved my wife's little plant into the tent to give it 24 hours of darkness before harvest. I thought about the risks of introducing pests, but the little plant seemed not to be bothered by any and it is so close to the end that I doubt much could go wrong. I will help my wife harvest her plant tonight. I will check on the DGTH carefully at that point and decide whether see gets one more day of light or remains stuck in the dark. If she goes dark, I may harvest about an ounce off her at that point to get sample A for testing the Dark Harvest.

The scale that @rosettastoned recommended is being delivered today, so I will reweigh the plants that are already in jars and have a more accurate measure of the DGTH when it is her time to get on the scales. I am sitting somewhere in the neighborhood of 180g with the Not Photos. Feel free to estimate the yield from that DGTH.

Much Grower Love!

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2018 9:38 am Californiakid and Kushman liked
+ Show 2 comments

Not Photo Re-Weigh-In

So I got my new scale about an hour ago. Thank you for the suggestion @rosettastoned , I really like it!

I re-weighed the 3 plants that I had already jarred and each plant was several grams different, but it all came out in the wash.  ? 

The Largest was obviously the #1 plant (that name always goes to the plant in the back left corner of my tent). The #1 plant has been curing steady at 65% since 12/4. She tipped the scale today at 116.6 grams. Just over 4 zips.

DSC 1257

The Next plant is known by Not Photo #3. She the second of three Not Photos, which makes things confusing for everybody. She is #3, because she was third position in the tent. She was the runtiest Not Photo and got shaded out by her sisters. She yielded just 22.6 grams

DSC 1261

The third Not Photo is, of course, Not Photo #4! (My numbering system might need some work)  ? . She is unlike the other two and smells by  far the best. She is the one that I am most excited about sampling now. She ended up almost getting swallowed whole by the DGTH. She stopped stretching and the DGTH just pretty well grew right over the top of much of her. She actually produced a bit better than I thought, but gave me only 33.1 grams

DSC 1264

Total Harvest Thus far: 172.3 grams = 6.15 oz

My Wife's plant, another Not Photo that was grown behind the couch in the sun of our living room is coming down tonight. That silly little plant actually has nice buds on it! That just leaves the DGTH. It is a game time decision whether I turn the lights on or leave them off for good now. Game time is in 20 minutes!

Grower Love

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2018 7:43 pm Trichomefarmer, Californiakid, Kushman and 2 people liked
Louis D
  Louis D
Eminent Member Charter Member
Proven Grower

I just wanted to let you know that I posted in the shared thread ,it took me 5 minuted to figure out how I'm just not getting this posting process , Also I picked up a copy of your book and its starting to make more sense I have installed a new drain system that works and an auto feed as well it is still giving me a hard time but I will get there thanks for all your help Louie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/13/2018 5:46 am
+ Show 1 comments

12/12 Day 78: The Lights have gone out for good!

I really love it when the plants turn dark purple at the end. This is the second straight grow where I had a plant turn right at the end. I think it is striking and beautiful!

DSC 1283
DSC 1281
DSC 1280
DSC 1279

Although I love to watch the plant turn like this, it is time to unplug the lights. I am 90% sure that I will not turn them on again tonight. I will check on her when the lights should go on to make the final decision, but I am prepared to just leave her in the darkness another 12 hours and start harvesting tomorrow after probably 28 total hours of dark (to begin).

She is a Large and overgrown plant with too many branches and so much trimming in store!

DSC 1282

So I will take branches off her one at a time and trim them while the rest of the plant stays in the dark. I imagine it will take me the entire day. But I LOVE TRIMMING  ? 

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/14/2018 8:59 am Juiceman, Trichomefarmer, Rosettastoned and 2 people liked
+ Show 5 comments

2 hours in - 1 cola trimmed

7 colas left - 14 hours?!?   ? 

DSC 1295
DSC 1291

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/15/2018 10:59 am Californiakid and Trichomefarmer liked
+ Show 4 comments

The DGTH Reaping!

It was a large manifolded plant that had eight fairly equal sections from the original 8 colas. I took it down one section at a time. Below: The full plant, Half the plant, and only one cola left. I like the one cola left picture!

DSC 1305
DSC 1300
DSC 1287

Some shots of a few of the "sections"

DSC 1308
DSC 1291
DSC 1299

I had my wife come and take some pictures while I actually trimmed. Made her feel good to "contribute" to the project!

DSC 1314
DSC 1312
DSC 1313
DSC 1311

And the final harvest shots. 6 hangers, and the final cola wouldn't fit on a hanger so I hung it right to the bar. Most of my plants fit on 4 hangers...

DSC 1317
DSC 1318

So I got them hanging in the tent. I unplugged the exhaust and am running the intake fans with the dorr cracked open at the top to allow air to escape. This is keeping the climate in the tent just about perfect - except its a little on the chilly side this morning.

A little sad to not have any plants anymore! But only a couple of weeks now until the NYGC!

Grower Love

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/16/2018 9:53 am Chefomj and Californiakid liked
+ Show 5 comments
Californiakid
Prominent Member Charter Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Those pictures of you trimming have really beautiful buds. Full, and colorful. ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/16/2018 3:17 pm Dr Coco liked
+ Show 2 comments

The DGTH is in Jars. 

She tipped the scales this morning at an even 138 grams

DSC 1321
DSC 1322
DSC 1323

That is just a blunt shy of 5 ounces, but less than I thought she might yield. With all the plants now safely curing, my harvest total is 310.3 grams or 11 ounces and a blunt.

310.3 grams using 412 watts equates to a borderline harvest efficiency of only 0.753 g/w. However, given the significant obstacles I (we all) encountered, I think the final totals are understandable. After all 3 of the plants that made it to harvest were autoflowers grown under 12/12 lighting. And one of my two DGTH had to be culled during flowering when she hermied. So all things considered, I will take my 310 grams and count my blessings that I ended up with that much!

I hate to say it, but the DGTH is good. I don't know how well you can tell in the pictures, but we were just talking about how buds sometimes don't smell great until later in the cure, well this one smells amazing right now. She is loaded with trichomes and glistening. Really nice looking and I am eager to get to try it.

I timed the dry well, and The DGTH hit the jars perfectly in the cure zone. So all 13 jars from this harvest are stable at either 65 or 64% RH. I am rotating the hygrometer and burping them as a side effect of placing the hygrometer. 

LMAO, one of those 13 jars is my Wife's plant. Her harvest of the behind the couch plant earned her 15.2 grams, which I am not including in my totals, however I am curing her jar for her along with mine. I'll post her harvest pics in the spouse thread!  ? 

I haven't started sampling the Not Photos yet. They also look like really good bud, but the DGTH is tough to compete with. The earliest started curing on Dec 4, so it has been two weeks now and we are entering the period of the cure where both chlorophyll and my willpower breakdown completely.

Much Grower Love! 

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/18/2018 9:37 pm mammuth, FurrySparkle, bubble bubble and 2 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Page 6 / 6 Prev