Forum

BOG's LSD / Lifesaver Diesel, first time grower

Page 2 / 2 Prev

Day 49.  I stopped plucking any dead leaves off the plant.  Figure I'll just leave her.  I THINK I've arrested the deficiency with the worm casting tea and nutes last week.  The rate of yellowing on the front plant slowed.  The rear plant's large fan leaves are getting pretty crispy, but I'm not too woried now.. there is lush, dark green growth near the bud sites, so there's definitely enough nutrition present.

They're really starting to reek.  If I don't have the inline running through the carbon filter constantly, half the home smells like sweet pink bubblegum.. and increasingly, "weed" smell lol.

Two reasonably happy girls.  Excelsior !

Cannabis Grow Day49

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/20/2023 11:06 am E&E818 and bloom liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

Forgot to post this yesterday.  Tough times.

Day 56 of flower.  They're chunking up a bit.  Realizing that despite this ending "week 8 of flower", it's really just 8 weeks from flipping the lights..  And probably around week 5-6 of "flower", since people seem to count that from when the plant is making pistils.  Nevermind that the front plant was covered in preflowers..  Anyhow, same old same old.  Probably going to give some more nutrition on Wednesday, trying to keep them fed through the very end.

Excelsior !

Cannabis Grow Day56Darkshot
Cannabis Grow Day56

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/28/2023 4:57 am E&E818 liked

Day 63 from flip.  Front plant lightening up no matter what I do.  Rear plant, paradoxically, getting darker and darker.  Saw a single amber trichome today through the scope.  These girls are approaching the end.

Fed 2 days ago with the standard - each received 6T Gaia Green Bloom and 1C worm castings, and watered with molasses water because ain't nobody got time for these things to break down.  This is hopefully the last feeding.  The girls are really pumping out the trichomes.  While visuals don't matter and effect does, it certainly seems that this is something beyond your standard rope-making hemp.  Time will tell.

Cannabis Grow Day63Dark1
Cannabis Grow Day63

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2023 6:52 am
Jimmy McGill
Esteemed Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows
Harvested: 02/10/2023
Total Days: 124
Flip Days: 2

Harvest day.  And not a day too soon.  I see a single seed in the top of the back plant, and a couple of nanners in the front.

Cut them out of the trellis, stripped off most of the fan leaves, hung them to dry, have them at around 55% RH.  We'll see how this works out.

Hopefully I can continue this journal despite harvesting and publish the yield and results.

EXCELSIOR !

Cannabis Grow Day70Switch2
Cannabis Grow Day70Switch
Cannabis Grow Day70Girls
Cannabis Grow Day70Cola
Cannabis Grow Day70

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2023 4:56 pm OCGrower76 liked
Jimmy McGill
Esteemed Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows
Harvested: 02/10/2023
Total Days: 124
Flip Days: 2

Harvested 2/10/23, morning.  Plants hung for about 9 days total at around 60F and 60% RH.  Trimmed and jarred them up yesterday.  Plant #2, in front, had a somewhat lose structure and was difficult to trim.  Very sticky, final yield 136g.  Plant #1, from the back, had a dense bud structure, was significantly more resinous, and overall appears to be the clearly better plant.  Despite virtually no trellising on her, she yielded just 9 grams short of her sister, at 127g.

Humidity is around 62% stable in the jars for #2, and a bit higher for #1.  With respect to plant #1, the colas were massive and hard, and while I could have bucked the flowers off the main stem, it just didn't make sense to - the entire thing was just coated in trichomes and it would have had to tear the flowers apart.

There was also about an ounce of larf and sugary sugary sugar leaves between the two of them which is not included in this final calculation.

Ultimately, a few stems and a % of RH still to be leeched out notwithstanding, I yielded 263 grams of what at least appears to be top shelf cannabis under a 240 watt light.  This has greatly surpassed my expectations, and I'm honestly feeling a bit jazzy about it.

None of this would have been possible without the help and assistance of the cast of characters in the CFC chat room.  I've thanked most of you by name personally, but if not, consider yourself appreciated and loved.

I will pay it forward.  

I never thought I'd be able to get over a half pound of top shelf weed in a 3x3 tent under a 240watt light.  People really shit on ACinfinity lights, but near as I can tell, photons are photons - if your plant is getting the light it needs, you can yield good bud. ̶H̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶P̶h̶o̶n̶i̶c̶s̶ ACinfinity worked for me 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to read my grow journal.  I hope it inspires you to try these genetics or grow yourself.  If I can yield these results?  You can too.

Much love.

JM

Cannabis Grow FINALHAUL4TRAY
Cannabis Grow FINALHAUL3
Cannabis Grow FINALHAUL2
Cannabis Grow FINALHAUL1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/20/2023 3:45 pm MDA009 liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Page 2 / 2 Prev