PTGC Toppers: Afghani autoflower in 2x4 tent
edit: those seeds did not germinate. The new seeds are OG Kush.
These seeds are about ten years old. There has been a lot of improvements in autoflowers since these were bred but i think they will do well. I soaked them in kelp solution to help germination. One seed sank immediately, two floated and sank overnight.
edit: these seeds did not germinate.
Well, a change in plan. The previous seeds did not germinate after a week so they were replaced. I got some OG Kush autos and they are ready go into the cups. Ordered them on thursday, received on monday, after overnight soak and now they are germinated on wednesday, nice and quick.
i am planning on growing two of these, which should be plenty for the size of the light and tent.
Two weeks old and growing nicely. They have been in a window sill with two cfl bulbs, and now they are big enough to need more light and full strength nutrients. One is showing a small nutrient uptake problem, first the curled leaves now yellow edges. Added a half strength foliar treatment. Need to start buffering some coco to prepare for transplant this week.
Yesterday i transplanted two. The third has a kink in the stem at the bottom, so the others will be the choice.
Got my table built and rigged the drains. Auto water is next. These plants look ready to top after that.
growing well. I dont have autowater set up yet, need a halo. I would like to find some emiters to use instead, if possible.
i decided to train a little differently this time, so i removed the lower node and re topped the
top node. I think we will go with a four node approach this grow. Its a pretty severe pruning but my other autos have gotten out of control, so lets see how this works out.
They have filled back in a bit. There a little bit of funny growth on one, twisted leaves. I may have spilled some fertigant on the emerging leaves and it damaged their growth. I hope for a couple weeks of veg growth yet.
I was keeping the extra seedling in a solo cup but not taking very good care of it, with too infrequent waterings because i did not plan to grow it out. It began flowering, so now i think i will take it to flower. The main plants are growing well and have filled in since the heavy handed topping.
The solo cup plant is looking a little better with regular fertigation but it will be difficult to maintain its needs. The others are growing well, no pistils yet but i expect them soon.
Some pistils starting to show and looks like stretch is starting. The solo is looking good while struggling a bit to uptake enough nutrients.