Forum

NYGC Color Diet: NG'S W.W. Faceoff!! (DWC x Coco x Soil)

n.grower
Reputable Member Group Leader
Practicing Grower

The time is here!!! This faceoff has been in the works for the past 3 months already! (since back in September-ish).

Chase, Green Mountain and I were hoping to see how our mediums performed under three different mediums, My DWC, versus Chase's Soil versus GM's Coco.

Chase's Grow: https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/community/color_diet/nygc-color-diet-chases-whitw-faceoff-soilxdwcxcoco/

Green Mountain's grow: https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/community/color_diet/nygc-color-diet-gms-ww-face-off-coco-style/

We're gonna see who makes it to the finish line unscathed (i'm making bets on chase and GM), and we're gonna see who put on the most weight in the end!

Stay tuned for more info!

P.S. I'm also doing a second journal, growing Tangerine Dream in Chase's group. Wish me luck! Link: https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/community/fruit_salad/nygc-fruit-salad-ngs-tangerine-dream-barneys-farm/#post-40094

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/17/2020 7:34 am DrGreenDad, Cali510, ironman300k and 8 people liked
+ Show 6 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
n.grower
Practicing Grower

So I dropped WW a day early. Today (1/1/21) its tail came out. I'm looking forward to dropping her in rockwool and burying her  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2021 10:21 pm DrGreenDad, Cali510, ironman300k and 7 people liked
n.grower
Practicing Grower

So today i finally planted both tangerine dream and ww into their rez's. My god they're both QUICK and HEARTY! Just as much as the NL auto i'm running in Kratky! (No journal on the NL auto, if anyone wants to know you'll have to catch me in chat! 😉).

Cannabis Grow 1609716653633324518342884562938
Cannabis Grow 16097166225938890045785062427433

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2021 3:33 pm DrGreenDad, ironman300k, MissMyrcene and 5 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
n.grower
Practicing Grower

Update! She's popped her first single fin fan leaf! Good times a comin!

Cannabis Grow 20210106 163702
Cannabis Grow 20210106 163700

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 3:10 pm DrGreenDad, GRimINsanity, ironman300k and 7 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
n.grower
Practicing Grower

I know i've been slacking, but its been real busy during the holidays! Ive finally gotten a chance to come around to a little update on the WW! I think so far she's taken off nicely! Perfect growth, fan leaves stretching out of the net pot already.

It's going to be a phenomenal grow!

Cannabis Grow 20210112 113752

Cannabis Grow 20210112 113806

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2021 10:21 am DrGreenDad, ChaseG1992, ironman300k and 5 people liked
+ Show 10 comments
n.grower
Practicing Grower

So sad day guys.... im sorry to say i'll be falling slightly behind...

I've been battling two things in my rez (and i learned a lot of things in the process.

When CFC fam says dont get cheap ph meters... DONT.... not for dwc.

Anywho, onto the story... i had two issues arise, one relating to the other (all is well now, however so dont fret!)

So begin my week, i was running short on ph down, so i ordered a big batch of phosphoric acid (85%) diluted it down to 42.5% by mixing 50/50 ratio of water + PA. Needless to say, it was delayed (thanks usps), so i had to use citric acid in its place... this is where the disaster started i believe...

Citric acid from my light reading, says that high amounts can cause bad microbes... well my ph meter was BROKEN! So what i read at 6.1-6.2ph (i was adjusting down), was really like 1-3ph (i found ph solution later and found out i was just below 4ph, after i got phosphoric acid 2 daysish later.). I got root and rez slimr...

I didnt know... fast fwd... phosphoric acid finally arrived and i got things gojng... did my mix, phed everything... plant wasnt happy for some reason... thats when i checked ph again, resting at 6.4... kept adding phosphoric acid, until i was 1/4-1/5th a bottle of ph down.... then it snapped and i realized thats an unusually large amount... i went scuffling for my ph test kit...

Low and behold i been riding really really really low ph... id say as far as 1-3ph!

I adjusted back with ph up, and for future reference everyone? When you're adjusting back and forth two extremely high acids? Your plant is gonna fry... CHANGE REZ ASAP!

Anywho, waited 24hrs... even less id say, entire plant crashed and died for tangerine dream. Im now trying to salvage white widow... so far she seems like she will bounce back! Wish me luck on that front...

Now i am looking for replacements... hopefully my NL auto cutting will root so i can toss it in the dwc rez to replace tangerine dream.... WISH ME LUCK GROWMIES!

P.S. i splurged and got an apera PC60! High rec. Been a dream to ph and ec everything!

Cannabis Grow 1611159725059673620540076863145

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/20/2021 8:23 am DrGreenDad, FarmerTim, OldWoman and 5 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
n.grower
Practicing Grower

Cannabis Grow 2
Cannabis Grow 1

MAJOR UPDATE: Roots have regrown, the plant is slowly perking back up, and everything is well with WW again.... I am confident she will recover just fine!

If you guys notice the roots in the 2nd photo, you'll see some are pitch white some are yellow.... My belief is the yellow is the dead roots. Half of it already fell off as mush and died already...  I'm going to keep watch to make sure she does alright in the coming week or so. 

I expect her to take off again within the next week in growth!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2021 11:04 am DrGreenDad, CrackBabies, OldWoman and 3 people liked
+ Show 5 comments
n.grower
Practicing Grower

Cannabis Grow processed5
Cannabis Grow processed4
Cannabis Grow processed3

So white widow, in 1 week, bounced back soo amazingly,  she's shocked me!

I guess today will be a 2-parter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 10:16 am DrGreenDad, ChaseG1992 and Dhfreak liked
n.grower
Practicing Grower

Cannabis Grow processed5
Cannabis Grow processed4
Cannabis Grow processed3

So white widow, in 1 week, bounced back soo amazingly,  she's shocked me!

I guess today will be a 2-parter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 10:49 am HighPopeye, DrGreenDad, CrackBabies and 3 people liked
n.grower
Practicing Grower

Cannabis Grow processed7
Cannabis Grow processed6

AAAAND She's topped 🙂

@Green Mountain: I'mma catch up to you soon! 😡 

@Old Woman: I'mma catch up to you soon too! 😡 😡 😡 

@Chase: Catch up already! LOL JK!!! 😆 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 1:40 pm DrGreenDad, OldWoman, CrackBabies and 1 people liked
+ Show 5 comments
n.grower
Practicing Grower

Whew, it's been a hell of a week. I'll prove it to ya'll! (pics below). So yesterday i did my 2nd topping, and today i'm already training, she's definitely bushy and gnarly!

I'm LOVING the growth on this WW.... I'm going to be honest though... without a journal i seriously do not know how much growth occurs... I think it's the same concept as when you see an item everyday, it looks the same to you until you pull out the photo of the first day you saw them. I think of my kittens like that, they're 4-5 years old now, but they're still kitties! Anywho.... ONTO THE PHOTOS!!!

Cannabis Grow processed
Cannabis Grow processed (1)
Cannabis Grow processed (4)
Cannabis Grow processed (5)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2021 8:51 am OldWoman, ChaseG1992, Alma M and 2 people liked
+ Show 6 comments
n.grower
Practicing Grower

Today's update: Thought i'd update a little early, since i've grabbed pictures of both of my plants.

Cannabis Grow processed (10)

Roots have slowed down on growth (i think), while fan leaves are just going absolutely WILD! She's topped 3 times and ready to go!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/15/2021 3:06 pm ChaseG1992, Green Mountain, Concavetalon and 3 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
n.grower
Practicing Grower

FLIP DAY FINALLY WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL OVERDUE!

Cannabis Grow processed (16)
Cannabis Grow processed (15)
Cannabis Grow processed (14)

It's getting quite crowded in the grow space now...

Cannabis Grow processed (18)

A couple more updates: Got my new tent, i'm expecting to see an FC3000 at my door this wednesday.... in the meantime, i'm going to set up my tent and see how this grow is going to be set up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/22/2021 12:55 pm Green Mountain, ChaseG1992, CrackBabies and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
n.grower
Practicing Grower

So i forgot to update, but i moved the WW all by herself in the 3x3.5 room.

I moved the NL Auto and 3 Bears OG x Double Grape out into the 3x2 tent (VERY crowded as well.... not a good sign lol... you'll see in the other thread!).

She's growing out and stretching like crazy! I also ordered some LST trainers, whom i can't wait to receive it for training WW down!

So far she's reached from the left wall to the right (3 feet from wall to wall), i trained her EXTRA EXTRA squatty for this grow because i only have a foot left of play before the lights hit the ceiling! (scary).

Cannabis Grow processed (1)
Cannabis Grow processed (2)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/28/2021 11:11 pm Alma M, ChaseG1992, Green Mountain and 2 people liked
+ Show 4 comments