NYGC Coco: Hot Mess by Twenty20 Mendocino
As usual, I'll do my winter sativa grow through the NYGC. This year, it's a strain I've wanted to grow for some time and now have the beans to do it. I'm very much looking forward to this grow.
I got a little bit late of a start. I have my 13 shot glasses partially filled with RO water with a touch of amino acid and beneficials in the soak water. I didn't get home from the clubhouse party until around 2am. These were dropped at 2:10am. I'm whipped and ready for bed but I wanted to make a post on drop day. Good luck growers!
I woke up a bit late this am due to the late night last night. I found that many of my beans had sunk to the bottom of the shot glasses. I swirled a few of those still floating. After another hour, most had sunk so I moved them all to paper towels, placed in sealed containers (except for the one with the thermal probe), and placed them all on a heat mat with a towel over top of them. Now it's just a matter of waiting until tomorrow to see what popped. I'll start soaking my rockwool starter cubes tonight to get them ready for the new sprouts.
4 days in and still nothing. Nothing to loose at this point so I'll keep them in germination state and hope that something happens. Bummed at this point.
Today I checked every seed and found one in a container that I didn't check before that must have sprouted on time cause she had a hell of a tap root going and the shell cast off and cots starting. I also found many had cracked but no radicle yet. One had a very small tail of maybe a quarter inch so I let her stay in the paper towel. I put the one sprout into a rockwool cube, sprinkled with Great White and stuck it on a heat mat in my 4x4. Got one SP250 light in center of tent pulled up to the ceiling of the tent. Sprayed the dome and she's ready to grow. Really hoping I get more to go than this but at least I didn't get shut out.
I checked this morning and found another viable and ready sprout. I also took 2 that had cracked and had short tails on them of about 1/4". I figured they might catch on stronger in the rockwool. I think only 2 or 3 seeds show no signs of cracking so I'm still holding out hope. With that said, I now have 4 in rockwool. Getting better.
Yesterday, I found 4 more that had radicles that weren't really up to the 1/2" length but decided to put them in rockwool. This morning I said screw it and put the 5 remaining seeds in rockwool cubes. 2 hadn't even cracked and the other 3 were cracked with barely a tail on them. I'm tired of screwing around with the seeds after over a week in germination. They either make it or they get pitched.
Well, I've got 4 ladies up and one of them not looking so good. Nothing more has shown anything more than the top of a seed. I'm very disappointed in this crappy start. I haven't decided what to do with these so stay tuned. I don't have enough plants to do a full flower run and I need my winter sativa crop. Not a happy guy here.
Well, it looks like 4 is all I'll get out of this drop and the last 2 to come up are not looking very healthy. Sometimes it just doesn't go as planned and you regroup. I'm going to see if I can get any of them up to a good growing stage. I'm noticing maybe a bit of light fatigue so I laid a strip of material over the center of the tray dome to block some of the light. It's easier than pulling a driver and adjusting it. I'm running one SP250 at the top of the tent. Normally, I'd go to the 5x5 and dim down the light but the Hindsight lady is finishing up in there.
On a side note, I did drop 10 Durbin Poison beans early in the morning. Better safe than sorry.
This grow is looking like it's going nowhere. I see no growth or progression from seedling. I've used up my bag of tricks and these gals just don't seem to want to grow.
I decided to dump the fertigation water I had and start new. I mixed up a batch of .4 ec with 6.03 pH. Besides the Clonex solution, I added some Lumina and Tribus to kick start them. Not much I can do to harm them as they are just not moving. I'll check in the morning and see if it's helping at all. No picture cause they look pretty much the same.
I'm starting to see some minor growth but it looks all jacked out of shape. I don't know if there's any chance of saving any of them but I decided that in the rockwool was not the place they would come out of it. I buffered some coco 2 nights ago and, before jumping into harvest again, I decided to pre fertigate the coco and pot these ladies up into solo cups. I don't think any of them are strong enough to make it outside the dome so I put the 4 in solos and back in the incubator. I'm feeding with .4ec solution and added some Lumina and Tribus to kick start them. I'm not holding out much hope but I'll try anyway.