Forum

Zskittlz by ILGM

BBudz420
Noble Member Group Leader
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Strain Review: Zskittlz by ILGM

"The distinct smell of a mouth full of skittles candy and a body stone with a heal factor of 10."

I Grew: Feminized seed

Total Grow Days: 182

Flowering Days: 64

Yield:
Quality:

Grow Journal: 3rd grow: ZSkittlz Pro-Mix

CFC Approved

Growing Zskittlz

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

I Grew: Feminized seed

Total Grow Days: 182

Flowering Days: 64

Yield:
Quality:

Grow Journal: 3rd grow: ZSkittlz Pro-Mix

CFC Approved

Growing Zskittlz

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

Grow Review: Zskittlz by ILGM

Zskittlez was an absolute pleasure to grow. Grown in a 2x4 Mars Hydro tent with a Mars Hydro SP250, ac infinity 4" venting out of tent to a carbon filter, two in tent humidifiers one smaller mist style and one larger with filter controlled with an Inkbird controller, one 8" fan hung from the ceiling of the tent. In early veg I fed these gals 400EC and then moved them through up to 1500EC by the time I switched them to 12/12. Both were vegged with Veg+Bloom nutrients then switched in early flowering of the first gal to Advanced Nutrients ( - overdrive). With an early topping and manifold, the smaller of the two was much more weight dry than anticipated at 3.9 oz and the second which was much taller ended up being 2.97 oz (+ a lot of lower lurf which was not counted and frozen slated for hash). This strain is particularly forgiving and resilient to pests & mold! They both did see some deficiencies in later veg which was alleviated when bumped to 1500EC.

How Much Does Zskittlz Stretch?

The stretch was ultimately very minimal as they were allowed to get root bound in their 2gal fabric pots before flowering. Seeing the stretch from my second zskittlz run I would say its at least a foot stretch in DWC. The one I grew in stone wool airpot did not get as tall and was on veg nutes from Advanced Nutrients well into flower resulting in much larger bud structure more similar to the first one in Pro-Mix. In DWC, I added 2ml of Ripen from GH when she looked to stall out on bud production...which ultimately sped up her ripening of the tops quite a bit and allowed a 42day top colas cut!(pretty crazy!)

Harvesting Zskittlz

The breeders are about on par with 8-9wks of flowering as I like this strain around 64-70 days. Looking at trichomes was used as well as pistil growth as she bulked out quite a bit after looking about 5% amber with fresh growth. Once the vast majority of pistils turned and when it looked like she was getting a little nitrogen heavy(top bit of the top colas were starting fox tailing) was when I decided to chop.

Drying, Trimming and Curing Zskittlz

Trim....omg this is a heavy leaf producer, I have a TON of really really nice trim which will be hashed. Wet trimmed and hung to dry in 67F 60%RH until day 4 of drying when dropped down to 57%RH, then jarred with bovida's and back to 62% stabilized. total dry time was 6 days. cure was ultimately not necessary as I always try a little bit right after drying and nice clean burn on the flower, white ash and not harsh at all. That being said, I would recommend a week of cure time in the jar to stabilize completely.

The Flavor and Smell of Zskittlz

Flavor is almost just like the taste but with some nice earthy notes as well as a small amount of sweet piney after note. Smell says "nom nom, I have a mouth full of skittles" and is really nice and fruity!

The Effects and Uses of Zskittlz

Effects are body stone with some tingling in the fore head and back of the head, some eye buzz as well. Great for anxiety, depression & most importantly for me, PAIN RELIEF! OMG this strain is so great for my stomach aches its just awesome I cant say enough good things really!

My Overall Impressions of Zskittlz by ILGM

10/10 The most IBL strain I have experienced as both seeds had no phenotypical variance and even in different mediums the smell and taste are still right there no doubt about it which is crazy after seeing so many strains act differently in different mediums!

divider

The Coco for Cannabis Strain Reviews

Write your own review of Zskittlz by ILGM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/29/2021 2:08 pm Thedudesnothere and CrackBabies liked