Yield:
Quality:

CFC Approved

Growing Terpenado

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

Grow Review: Terpenado by Bodhi seeds

Started as a regular seed indoors, she began in a solo cup for 3 weeks before being moved to a 1 gallon pot and being placed outdoors in a shaded area back in May. She spent about 5 weeks in her 1 gallon then moved up to a 2 gallon for the remainder of veg. By the end of July she began flowering and she got a final transplant a few days into flower. I ended up slicing up her 2 gallon pot so i could very carefully up pot her to a 5 gallon fabric pot for flowering in. Most people told me for a large outdoor plant that I would need to use a 10 gallon pot at minimum, but I flowered out 1 plant in a 3 gallon pot as well as 5 plants all in 5 gallon smartpots outdoors - all photoperiods. The trick for a pot that small (especially when using nothing but water - no added nutes from seed to harvest on ANY of my plants) , is I topdressed fresh soil 2 to 3 times during flower. At weeks 3 and 5.5 I added a fresh inch or 2 of soil and that would seem to give the plant a boost for a week or so. Outdoor growth is much different than indoor growth to me during flower because watering under full sun (no tarp, no greenhouse, no covering whatsoever) is out of your control half the time as you cant control when and how much it rains. Im in Massachisetts and my outdoor plants took on nights in the high 30s in late April early May as well as 3 3day long heatwaves during July and Aug. on top of massive rainstorms and wind storms. I battled bugs and PM on a couple plants as well as experienced some bud rot at end of flower on parts of a few plants. A wealth of experience for my first outdoor grow. Without a greenhouse covering, MA is a tough environment to grow high quality outdoor bud in for sure. IPM was basically just The Amazing Dr. Zymes - an awsome product ! The plant displayed PM on a few of its leaves starting around week 4. I used Dr Zymes twice a wekk to keep it at bay for the remainder of the grow. Using dr zymes during flower at a moderate dilution rate seemed to have no effect on trichome production or taste.

How Much Does Terpenado Stretch?

She stretched approx. .75x

Harvesting Terpenado

She was one of the first to begin flowering in late July and I ended up doing a double harvest on her. At 8 weeks I pulled down all the upper colas (top half of the plant), and at 9 weeks I pulled down the bottom half of the plant. Heres the main differemces between the finished product of the top vs lower half of this plant. The top half taken a week earlier had stronger smell and taste. The bottom half taken a week later had noticably more trichomes and better effects, but slightly muted flavor and smell. The extra 7 days the lower half spent outside was wacky weather too. It was end of Sept. and we had 3 days in the mid 80s followed by heavy rainstorm. It is my belief this weather factored into the plamt pushing out more trichomes as a stress response. A side note to close out my first outdoor growing experience. Because my back yard has a massive canopy of tall trees and i already had my potted pot plants in the sunniest location - by the time late Aug. came, the suns angle was much lower in the sky than it was in june and july. Because of this fact - most of the outdoor plants i flowered had buds that were on the airy side. I believe this is because for weeks 3 through 8/9 of flower the plamts only got a few hours of direct sunlight per day. NEXT YEAR I WILL BE strictly growing autoflowers outside and I will place them outside in May and should be harvested, dried and in Jars by mid August at latest. This way my plants will be flowering during peak direct sunlight conditions. In june, july and early Aug. direct sun would be on my plants for around 6 to 8 hours vs 2 to 3 in September.

Drying, Trimming and Curing Terpenado

For this whole plant, i trimmed off the fans, as well as tge 2 smaller leaves at the base of all buds. I trimmed the tips of the longest remaining sugar leaves and dried in my herbs now dryer for 90 hours. Buds went into jars at humidity level of 60%.

The Flavor and Smell of Terpenado

The pla ts mother is called Strawberry Milk and boy oh boy is that appropriate. She smells like strawberries and tastes like a strawberry milk shake. The exhale coats the cheeks in a powdered milk taste. Extremely unique and flavor is in my top 10 alltime

The Effects and Uses of Terpenado

Awsome effects , some of my favorite in recent years. Smooth high thats happy, stress relieving and you feel like your operating at a higher level. This is that rare type of high that you feel like you can 'be your truest self' after vaping a bowl of Terpenado 💚

My Overall Impressions of Terpenado by Bodhi seeds

From my favorite breeder, this is a very terpy strain, it would make crazy concentrates with the insane volume of tasty trichomes!

divider

The Coco for Cannabis Strain Reviews

Write your own review of Terpenado by Bodhi seeds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2019 11:37 am Dr Coco liked