Yield:
Quality:

CFC Approved

Growing Mother of Mothra

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

Grow Review: Mother of Mothra by Kineos genetics

Vegged for 3 weeks in a solo cup, moved to a 1.5 gallon where it vegged for another 5 weeks, moved to a 3 gallon smartpot and then flipped a few days later. Some folks like to give their plants a week or 2 to 'recover' after the final transplant before flipping, but not me. She was flowered for 8 weeks. Grown in a 3x3x6 tent, vegged and flowered under the same light - a Hipargero 450watt creeCOB LED off amazon ( $100 / pulls 200w from wall - adjusted light height throughout whole grow) Light was approx 26 to 30" at seedling stage, 20 to 24" rest of veg and for flower the distance moved between 12" and 18". I like to adjust my light so the Leaf Surface Temp. (W/a heat gun) is between 78 and 85 degrees throughout the grow. LST is usually higher during flower, but like it under 85 with my LED. Medium was a supersoil and the plant was given only PHd Filtered tap water from seed to harvest 🌱

How Much Does Mother of Mothra Stretch?

She was untopped and only slightly trained late veg and early flower to spread out the branches. From a reg seed, her apical cola stretched approx. .5 to .75 tops, average stretch probably. INCREDIBLE structure that is very grower friendly. No one could believe I did barely any training when they saw my harvest photos. NOTE: During back to back dark cycles in week 8 of flower, I found a nanner growing out of upper colas. This played a small part in why I harvested when I did. If I didnt find those 2 nanners I would have let the plant go another 4l5 to 7 days, but decided to chop to ensure none of my other plants could be pollinated. If you dont know already, quite a few strains will throw nanners at the end of their lives. Its mostly related to genetics, but has been known to happen from high stress environment or bad light leaks as well. Chemdog is a famous strain that throws a few nanners out at end of flower, but it is said the pollen is not viable and even if it opened and dropped, it would not result in a seeded bud. I personally believe the reason a plant throws a late nanner is that it can sense its live is coming to an end, and because none of the stigmas have caught pollen yet (with sensimilla), the plant then attempts to pollinate and seed itself, therein passing on its genetics in the form of an S1.

Harvesting Mother of Mothra

Trikes on the upper and lower colas were mostly cloudy at harvest time. If your reading this, remember to look at the trichomes on the bracts (commonly called calxy) and don't judge by the trichomes on sugar leaves or any leaves at all.

Drying, Trimming and Curing Mother of Mothra

I dried this plant a bit differently than any other plant i have harvested to see what kind of results i wpuld get with a differing method. Plant was chopped at day 56 flower, fan leaves were chopped but all other leaves were left on the plant. Then she was cut into smaller colas and hung upside down on strings amd dried for 6 days. The environment was basically 72 degrees and 50% humidity all of drying. After dried, i did a tight trim and buds were made a bit smaller than full cola, then into jars they went. Humdity was around 56% after an hour in jars , which was fine for vaping but a bit overdried. Some of the strong bubblegum smell she had during flower was lost during drying, while her secondary scent of berry, became the dominant smell and taste upon consumption. Drying with my herbs now dryer results in much better terpene and scent retainment that the hang drying I have experimented with.

The Flavor and Smell of Mother of Mothra

At about week 3 of flower, if you touched a sugar leaf your fingers would smell of delicious bubblegum! The bubblegum was not as strong amd a berry smell came on stronger at end of flower. After drying amd curing for 2 weeks, the berry smell was basically the only smell from the buds. Lineage is mother of berries, big bud and NL5.

The Effects and Uses of Mother of Mothra

Old school effects with a berry flavor. Munchies, stomach relief, decent body buzz/pain relief. Gives you an old school stone, where during the high if you think of something sad/depressed thoughts, you do not feel and emotions about the thought or no bodily disturbances tied to a negative thought - good meds for ptsd.

My Overall Impressions of Mother of Mothra by Kineos genetics

Good for any level of grower, beautiful flowers, lots of 11 finger fans, noce colors and terps. Only thing to watch for is make sure to flower her in a healthy sized pot and keep an eye out for late nanners.

divider

The Coco for Cannabis Strain Reviews

Write your own review of Mother of Mothra by Kineos genetics

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2019 10:00 am Dr Coco liked