Yield:
Quality:

CFC Approved

Growing Honey Badger Haze

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

Grow Review: Honey Badger Haze by Dynasty

Plant was grown in a mix of Canadian Peat Moss and Composted Michigan Sphagnum. Fortifued with fossilized seabird Guano and other slow release organic ingredients to give the plant everythingit desires. The only thing I added to the soil from seed through harvest was filtered, PH'd tapwater - that's it. PH around 6.5 (earth juice crystals), Sink filter to reduce fluoride . The plant was vegged and flowered under the same light, however the distance from the light and angle was changed over growth stages. Lighting was a Hipargero 450W LED, which actually pulls 200W from the wall. This light had low up front cost and performed well for the cost (100usd). It's a mixture of Cree and COB. The plant was vegged in a solo cup / 1.5 gallon and flowered in a 3 gallon smart pot. Veg time was 8 weeks and flower time was 9 weeks from a regular seed. Flowered under 11 hours on / 13 hours off.

How Much Does Honey Badger Haze Stretch?

The plant stretched between 1x and 1.25x, definitly my stretchiest plant among the other 2 plants flowering at the same time in the 3x3x6 this plant was in. After 10 days of flower, the plant had hit my light, which was already zip tied to the top bars of the 6 foot tall tent. The stretch continued, so I bent the main cola (untopped) down almost 90 degrees sideways. I feel bending the main cola down resulted in 20 to 30% loss in size/yield for the main cola. Without zero training done to all the other branches, the wonderful structure of the plant still ended up producing at least 10 more bud filled colas.

Harvesting Honey Badger Haze

One thing i would change if i grew this strain again is I would either flower it in a 5 gallon pot or veg it for 6 weeks instead of 8. Because the plant was quite large when i flipped it, going from a 1.5 to a 3gl. with a water only medium, it felt to me that my soil was depleted a little quicker than I would have liked. The plant started to fade around week 6 and by week 7.5 most of the big fans had crumpled and fell off. I wanted to take her to 10 weeks flower, but in week 9 I noticed the smallest, lowest buds were being cannabilized by the plant, so I pulled her at 63 days flower. At this time she had approx. 10% amber trichomes while almost all the other trikes were cloudy.

Drying, Trimming and Curing Honey Badger Haze

After it's 13 hour dark period, I pulled the plant out and chopped her. After chopping into long branches, I removed all the fan leaves as well as the 2 smaller leaves at the base of the buds. Slight wet trimming was done to the tips of the longer sugar leaves too. From there, i chopped the buds off the branches and filled up a few racks in my her s now bud dryer. The buds were slightly overdried after drying for 96 hours in the dryer, so when they went into jars the hygrometer was reading 57% after an hour.

The Flavor and Smell of Honey Badger Haze

This plant had the dominant terps of the 3 flowering in my 3x3. The smell was strong but very hard to descibe during growth but after a couple days in jars I finally realized what it was - PEACH. I do not eat peaches, so the smell isnt something i know super good. The smell isnt dead on peaches themselves, but more a Peach Gummy, Peach candy. The 2nd dominant smell is citrus. In short, the terps are basically peachy citrus, but powerful indeed and now 7 weeks after harvest the house stinks when you crack a jar.

The Effects and Uses of Honey Badger Haze

The effect is nothing short of one the most 'medicinal' highs i have ever experienced. Frost levels on the harvested buds were at an 8 out of 10...Very frosty! Its a slight creeper, meaning the true kick in doesnt happen for 3 to 5 minutes. I strictly vaporize my organic cannabis flowers, and after taking 2 large vape hits from my Ghost MV1 vape, the high comes on as strong as a full plant DAB. No lie, the high is fucking strong. Lineage is ice queen x Ms. universe. The Ice Queen mom is a cross of C99 and White Widow. The euphoric facial/head high of a good white widow is there, as well as some creativity of thought from the c99 lineage. Unlike White widow or Cindy, the Honey Badger High does not really give you energy, but doesnt make you sleepy either. If you smoke continuous bowls or you are tired when you smoke it, you will fall asleep after an hour or 2. Its a good high for after supper, or after the kids are asleep - as long as your not planning to do nothing too physical. Obviously micro dosing vape or bowl hits during daytime would be fine, but evening is best for this strain when you want to get medicated. Professor P of Dynasty ( the breeder), has been an Oregon MMJ patient for like 15 years and he truly created some of the best medicine in the industry. Along with Bodhi, the Professor is my favorite breeder in the game. I would include Caleb of CSI, Tommy of Dominion, Bob Hemphill and AK Bean Brains as my other favorite photoperiod breeders.

My Overall Impressions of Honey Badger Haze by Dynasty

Strong Terpy medicine from one of the most respected, thorough breeders in the modern cannabis scene.

divider

The Coco for Cannabis Strain Reviews

Write your own review of Honey Badger Haze by Dynasty

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2019 1:45 pm Nores and Dr Coco liked