Quality:

Grow Journal: Exciting First Grow!

CFC Approved

Growing Gelato #33

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

Grow Review: Gelato #33 by Crop King Seeds

Gelato was one of three strains I grew for my very first grow. I vegged them from seed to transition using a blurple that had a 495w power draw (manufacturer data). After flip, I switched them to the FC 4800 LED fixture by Mars Hydro. During flower, I developed a white powdery mold, which is why I harvested earlier than intended to. The yield would have been better and the quality also. However, the buds I did salvage, I let cure for 2 months and the flavor was really good. The density of the buds were rock hard considering the obstacles I encountered. I want to say this particular breeder had bad genetics of the Gelato #33, however I had a responsibility to keep my environment under control which I failed to do most days. My rH fluctuations were a trigger. I had poor air flow. Overall this grow was difficult but learned very much.

How Much Does Gelato #33 Stretch?

The stretch after flip doubled in size. During the first 7 days, the stretch was slow and almost unnoticeable. But BAM! Like day 10 the branches started to just stretch by the centimeter each couple minutes. By the end of stretch, the plant was about 3 ft tall maybe a little taller.

Harvesting Gelato #33

My plant was far from ready to harvest, I harvested early because I thought it was best considering the conditions it was in with the white powdery mold. I kept track of my trichome progress using a USB microscope. Like 75% of the pistils were orange/browning.

Drying, Trimming and Curing Gelato #33

I had to wet trim. After wet trimming, I put the buds into my closet where the temperature was 65 degrees Fahrenheit and 65% rh for the first 2 days and then I turned up the heat to about 70 degree Fahrenheit by day 3 and kept it that way for the next 4 days. By the 8th day of drying, I tested to see how dry they were by snapping their branches to see how easy it was to break in half. It was fairly easy to do so, and because of that I decided to jar them in glass jars and let cure for about 2 months maybe a little longer. I opened the jars for about 30 minutes to a hour everyday for the first 19 days to prevent molding. By day 20, my jars FINALLY stabilized at 62% rH.

The Flavor and Smell of Gelato #33

The smell is sweet to me. Like a jello type of sweet. The flavor is sweet too, makes it more desirable that way. When you touch it, its almost like picky up some type of candy thats not too sweet in smell but sweet enough to notice.

The Effects and Uses of Gelato #33

This strain takes effect very fast, after two inhales of this flower, your instantly start to feel heavy. It relaxes you and makes you want to take a nap or go to bed. It also increases your appetite a lot! All I thought about was food! It dries you out so make sure to drink lots of water! I would recommend using this strain if you need help sleeping or eating or having nausea issues. I would NOT operate a vehicle or heavy machinery while under this strains influence.

My Overall Impressions of Gelato #33 by Crop King Seeds

Overall, I would definitely grow this strain! Would I use the same breeder, I dont think so only because I think better genectics could help with IPM. In fact I liked this strain so much, I bought more seeds from a different breeder.

divider

The Coco for Cannabis Strain Reviews

Write your own review of Gelato #33 by Crop King Seeds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2021 3:01 pm Green Mountain and CrackBabies liked