Yield:
Quality:

CFC Approved

Growing Double grape

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

Grow Review: Double grape by Mephisto

3x3x6 grow tent 2 x vipar spectra p600 (95watts each) 3 gallon plastic nursery pots Hp promix Advanced nutrients iguana juice bloom Fishsh!t This variety was kind of slow off the start and never really got very big. Even if I didn't perform lst I'm sure they would not have surpassed 2 foot anyway. This variety was recommended for a sea of green style grow on the mephisto strain page. After about 2 weeks of starting performing lst I could see why. These plants aren't "slow" due to a lack of vigor as they put much of their effort into developing massive leaves, a solid lateral maristem and rigid branches. This rigidity led to the unfortunate loss of one of the plants tops. Having two smaller lights proved useful as one of the three plants stretched to about 10 inches above the other two plants.

How Much Does Double grape Stretch?

The stretch was underwhelming. They stayed pretty small, which in the end is what I'm interested in. Small plants that are easy to maintain and require little maintenance. When I started performing lst I was under the impression that they were going to blow up in size like some of the other autos I have grown.

Harvesting Double grape

They were all finished at the same time thankfully. I was a little surprised by this as the one phenotype seemed to lean towards the sativa side of things. All the trichomes seemed to turn white at the same time and I harvested at about 10% amber.

Drying, Trimming and Curing Double grape

The buds were washed,as usual for me, in ro water. The plant with the airy buds I broke down and allowed to dry on a screen which took about 5 days. The other two plants I hung up the individual washed branches. Most of the leaves were trimmed off while washing but I also did a dry trim once cured.

The Flavor and Smell of Double grape

I wouldn't say any of these ones smell like grapes. One smells ultra sour with a slight fruitiness to it. One smells more like a sweet blueberry jam. Unfortunately the larfy one smells almost like a slightly fruity armpit.

The Effects and Uses of Double grape

The effects are the same across the board which surprised me a lot considering the differences between each of the phenotypes. They provide a very happy and mellow indica stone which is great for chilling out and watching a funny movie. No couch lock with this one and still allows you to be fully capable of getting it on with your significant other.

My Overall Impressions of Double grape by Mephisto

As far as a fast and easy indica to grow, this one fits the bill. The buds are very nice looking on the indica phenos. I love the flavour of two of the phenos, however, if I did a sea of green I would probably just cull that sativa leaning pheno as it would create an uneven canopy and not provide decent buds worth the trouble.

divider

Grow Your Own Double grape

The Coco for Cannabis Strain Reviews

Write your own review of Double grape by Mephisto

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/28/2021 2:21 pm KeystoneCops liked