Forum

Amnesia Haze by ILGM

BelaBud
  BelaBud
Cannabis Fan

Strain Review: Amnesia Haze by ILGM

"Amnesia Haze is a very sativa leaning hybrid that shows typical sativa plant traits during the grow."

I Grew: Feminized seed

Total Grow Days: 160

Flowering Days: 70

Yield:
Quality:

CFC Approved

Growing Amnesia Haze

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

I Grew: Feminized seed

Total Grow Days: 160

Flowering Days: 70

Yield:
Quality:

CFC Approved

Growing Amnesia Haze

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

Using Amnesia Haze

daytime

Grow Review: Amnesia Haze by ILGM

This is an indoor grow in a 4 x 4 grow tent under full spectrum LED lights. I used premium soil and all organic nutrients from Nectar for the Gods. I was able to maintain good temperature and humidity throughout the grow. I grew out six plants, 2 AH and a few other strains. I had an extremely long vegetative cycle because I almost killed them by overwatering when they were seedlings. It took me a while to correct the deficiencies. I probably should have thrown them out and started over, since all of the plants ended up being very small in the end. Yield was 25 % lower than normal, but quality was good. I topped the AH twice and did low stress training as well.

How Much Does Amnesia Haze Stretch?

The Amnesia Haze usually stretch quite a bit, almost doubling in size during the first few weeks of flower. Because of over watering early on, all of the plants from this run were very small. The AH plants were short this time, but had good bud formation. They did get bushier during flowering but did not stretch vertically that much. The Amnesia Haze only stretched 5 or 6 inches, but did form some very nice colas. There were good buds all the way down to 3 or 4 inches from the soil. Dense. Good trichome coverage. Buds stacked nicely, forming 6 to 8 inch spears on the top branches. I got 10 to 12 big colas per plant. This was great.

Harvesting Amnesia Haze

The Amnesia Haze went the longest of this grow and longer than I have have done previously with AH - a full 10 weeks. I was hoping to get to a nice fall fade, but just got some yellowing of leaves at the end. I use the trichome method to decide when to harvest. All trichomes on the leaves I checked were cloudy with 10% amber. I check the buds and sugar leaves a few inches down from the very top of the plant.

Drying, Trimming and Curing Amnesia Haze

I use a slow dry method. Take off only the large fan leaves at harvest. Hang individual branches. Temp in my dry room is between 60 and 65 degrees. Humidity ranges from 55 to 70%. Dry for two weeks and then trim and put into jars. After the drying, trimming is not so bad. I don't lollipop, so I end up with some smaller buds down low. When trimming I sort into A and B buds, and use the B batch to make edibles/topicals with coconut oil. i mostly vape the A buds. Personal use and friends and family only, so I don't worry about jar appeal.

The Flavor and Smell of Amnesia Haze

Lemony and a little piney. It smells like a lemon cleaner.

The Effects and Uses of Amnesia Haze

Refreshing, energizing, uplifting. For me this is a daytime recreational strain. It is an approachable strain that most newbies really enjoy. It provides a clear and buzzy high. I like to do a little Amnesia Haze in a vaporizer before doing household chores. Specifically, I will do some Amnesia Haze, put on noise cancelling headphones with a good playlist and mow my acre and a half lawn. Great!!

My Overall Impressions of Amnesia Haze by ILGM

I like the Amnesia Haze strain as a consumer and a grower. It creates a very pleasant high and I will continue with Amnesia Haze in my rotation. Growing is not too difficult. It is usually a stretchy strain and if growing indoors it benefits from topping and training. I don't use a trellis net because I like to move my plants around during the grow, but it should work well with a trellis. I rate this strain very highly. On this run i almost killed the plants early on. They took a long time to recover in veg, but they still produced very nice buds. Amnesia Haze is a fan favorite around here. I screwed up this grow. Any negatives are the result of my error in growing... Over watering... Possible light stress and drying too fast. Still learning. Can't wait to try it again.

divider

The Coco for Cannabis Strain Reviews

Write your own review of Amnesia Haze by ILGM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2021 2:29 pm KeystoneCops liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal