Forum

3 Bears OG x Double Grape by Mephisto

n.grower
Prominent Member CfC Advisor
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Strain Review: 3 Bears OG x Double Grape by Mephisto

"Strong, sweet grape notes that if you\'re not careful, can carry throughout the entire house!!"

I Grew: Autoflower

Total Grow Days: 75

Flowering Days: 48

Yield:
Quality:

Grow Journal: NYGC Fruit Salad: NG's Tangerine Dream (Barney's Farm)

Growing 3 Bears OG x Double Grape

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

3 Bears OG x Double Grape is:

I Grew: Autoflower

Total Grow Days: 75

Flowering Days: 48

Yield:
Quality:

Grow Journal: NYGC Fruit Salad: NG's Tangerine Dream (Barney's Farm)

3 Bears OG x Double Grape is:

Growing 3 Bears OG x Double Grape

Easy Difficulty Difficult
Bushy Characteristics Stretchy
Light Feed Fertilization Heavy feed

Grow Review: 3 Bears OG x Double Grape by Mephisto

The plant has spent it's whole life under two TS1000's sharing it's room with NL Auto, and at one point, with WW as well. After FC3000 was purchased in the 3x3, the mephisto was moved over to a 3x2, with the same two TS1000's installed. It actually outgrew the 3x2, enough so that i would dare to say it would require it's own 3x2 or 4x2 eventually, entirely. With proper training, i was able to get it about a few inches to each side of the 3ft space. Aside from the light, she grew inside a 4 gallon cooler. Something i highly recommend against if you can get larger reservoirs for DWC. The reservoir is small enough, that she can drink up the tank down to halfway, in 12 hours. She's either A) a thirsty girl, or B) my temps were high enough for perspiration (82F in the tent, once in a while 84F). Her ec bounced between 1100 and 1300 her entire life. I started at 700ec, then everyday added 50-100ec until 1200ec, then as time progressed, i hit 1300 ec (at it's peak, in stretch), then i dropped back down to 1100ec - 1200ec as ripening hit. I hit her with 0 ec. One of my main mistakes (because i was negligent) was that i kept her at 700ec up until preflowers. That's a mistake i'll never do again. She is definitely small, up until preflowers hit, then she exploded with speed. I expect BIGGER plants on this next run, as i'll be ramping up ec properly, and i should hopefully have a bigger yield/plant!

How Much Does 3 Bears OG x Double Grape Stretch?

It wasn't that big of a stretch, maybe a 1ft to 2ft stretch, it stretched about the same as my other plants, if any slightly less. The 3BOG is known to be a squatty plant, while the double grape is just that.... super greasy, trichy grape terpenes. During my stretch phase, I tend to train my plants, EXTREMELY at some points, so I don't really have a grasp of what stretch is, as i try my best to fill up the canopy as much as possible.

Harvesting 3 Bears OG x Double Grape

The plant matured in about a week's time, I harvested a little earlier than on paper, as i didn't want too much amber trichs. I had maybe 5% amber, and the rest was cloudy. I did not flush or do any sort during the time of ripening. I feel like, personally, that hinders ripening, and I did not want to end up with a half cloudy product. I let it go until about 5% ambers and they were all cloudy top to mids. I then began flush, as i wanted to stress it out. I also topped it off with a dark period of 48hrs combined with flush to stress it even further. By now it should be too late to witness a herm so I did not care. When I opened the tent, a ginormous waft of grape hit me in the face. The trichomes were VISIBLY white, like snow on the the buds. I pulled it around that time, and called it.

Drying, Trimming and Curing 3 Bears OG x Double Grape

i wet trimmed in phases. Before my flush+dark period, I trimmed all the fan leaves that were protruding at the stems, then i processed the dark+flush period for stressors, then i chopped whole plant, flipped upside down, and trimmed all the sugar leaves off. I then brought it into the closet, and cured it at 72F/45%RH did this for a total of 7 days, and the bud was dry enough for me to cut and jar. My final RH in jar was 68%. I am still burping at this moment, I've reached so far, 61 and 64RH in my jars. She only gets better, and terpier over time. I can't wait for the 3 month mark to give her another try, hopefully I don't run out by then!

The Flavor and Smell of 3 Bears OG x Double Grape

Smells grapey, almost like the oldschool permanent marker grapey while it's growing. Towards the end it starts to smell like fermented, candy grape.... After hanging and drying, honestly, i smelled almost nothing. Then when jarred, and cured for two weeks. Her smell came back, strong enough to fill a room from mini eighth bags.

The Effects and Uses of 3 Bears OG x Double Grape

Sedative. Not extreme sedative, but I felt couch locked pretty hard. One episode on TV went to another, and another before i finally decided that was enough strain on my back, time to crawl into bed. Made be very lazy! It's definitely a good smoke to have before bed.

My Overall Impressions of 3 Bears OG x Double Grape by Mephisto

Very impressed, as this is a freebie from mephisto. I fell in love with its terpene profile and can only expect the best moving forward! I hope to snatch up more mephisto's in my future!

divider

The Coco for Cannabis Strain Reviews

Write your own review of 3 Bears OG x Double Grape by Mephisto

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/26/2021 8:30 am CrackBabies liked