SAFC Black Holes (Misfits): Outdoor - Black Cheese Auto
Black Cheese by New Wave Genetics (Black Berry x UK Cheese) Fem Auto
I'll be growing this outdoors (first timer)
Historically up here we still have snow up to and around Mothers day May 9th, so my plan will be to start the seed around the 12th indoors then up pot to the SIP on my deck once outside temps are more stable.
I'm intend on using a SIP planter using a supersoil mix and some KNF inputs as well. I have also purchased some other Autos and if they make it here on time I will be adding them to my journal as well.
Seeds came in under a week.
I’ve also decided to purchase a greenhouse for the new property and am hoping to have it soon for this season.
In the meantime I started to get the SIPs ready
the edges of the grey will be sealed with duct tape to edges, bottom pot will be filled with peatmoss as the wick to the growing medium and black down pipe is the water fill to the res area (plain water) there will be a cap on the top of the pipe to prevent pest insertion.
Seeds were planted may 25th. Straight into the Jiffy pet pods. The black cheese popped up in about 3 days. The Emperor J and PK didn’t pop.
June 2 I soaked the replacement seeds for 24 hours in Water put them in the other peat starters I had. The next day all 4 decided to stick their heads up and grow.
All of the starters I’ve placed in a small Herculean pot with some pro mix I had left over with a handful of 2-row malted barley and sprinkle of Myko Jordan. They are currently in my propagation tent under a small led t fixture.
Today it’s pretty cold and rainy outside but if the weather warms up over the next few days I plan on transplanting into the SIPS
Plants are looking good, smallest in the photo is the black cheese, it’s 32c+ all this week so staying on top of keeping it moist as best as I can.
So during this hot streak I’ve been watering twice a day, early morning and around 6pm.
Plain ro water, 2 row malted barley steeped and bubbled water, and a simple KNF maintenance solution.
They took off in the heat and began to run, the one Emperor J did this cool double top growth
The other emperor j and PK exploded and the black cheese seems to be just getting her legs now.
Plants seem to be doing fine, the black cheese seemed to stunted in that heat
The Emperor J and PK seem to be thriving
The one PK is also starting to display some purples
overall it was a pretty decent week, they received a mung bean SST, KNF flower feed, and a little rain.
Looks like we are coming to an end
The little mutant black cheese I’m gonna see what it does.
The one PK is doing very cool things
And the rest are humming along
I also find it interesting that out of the 5 plants no two are exactly the same. More work needs to be done on both the PK and the Emp J but overall it’s looking like I’m going to be quite happy with these.
So both the Emperor J's were ready
The stunted black cheese i am just gonna throw into the bubble hash with all the trim.
The PK faded quite nicely but i feel like i took her to long with the ambers that were showing.
The other PK seems to be about 2 weeks behind so i've left her up for the time being.
They have all gone into the dry room which is sitting around the 58-60% humidity and 60F and ill be leaving them until im ready to trim. I'm just coming out of a very busy period at work and it seems to be letting up so hopefully it remains that way and will allow me to get this all trimmed up in 2 weeks.