Forum

SAFC Asteroids: Amnesia Auto

Alma M
  Alma M
Reputable Member Group Leader
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Hey all! Welcome to Asteroids!! I can't wait to see how much we can all pack in these sub 6 sq ft spaces. I'll be growing in a 20"x36" tent with a 235w COB LED. Gonna be soaking one amnesia auto from Canuk seeds on 4/20 and hoping to grow her out and fill the tent. It's gonna be hot where I am in a couple months so I'm hoping this strain can tolerate some heat! 

I will be following everyone's journals and am looking forward to seeing everybody's process!

So far I've just got my soil mixed.. about 6 gal total. Recipe is roughly 2.5 gal perlite, 2 gal peat, 3/4 gal coco, and 3/4 gal organic matter (worm castings with a few handfuls of local sheep compost and garden soil), plus 1 tbsp/gal of dolomitic lime, 2 tbsp/gal of 4-4-4 all purpose organic amendments from Gaia green, and a teaspoon of yucca extract. 

Cannabis Grow 20210412 233357

All mixed and in to a 7 gal smart pot. 

Cannabis Grow 20210413 003051

Until 4/20 when the seeds hit the water.. happy smoking.👌🔥💨

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/19/2021 1:23 am Benjy, CrackBabies, Crispywannabe and 2 people liked

Seed is going in water! I just have the 1 seed so I hope she's good. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/20/2021 6:17 pm TrichomeJim, CrackBabies, Crispywannabe and 2 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

Waiting sucks.

Seedling mix is my soil diluted about 1/3 with extra peat, perlite, and vermiculite plus a bit of mycorrhizae from agtiv. 

I gave her a few drops of water (using a turkey baster) with humic acid when she went in the pot but otherwise just waiting for the sprout 🌱🤞

Cannabis Grow 20210424 143343

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2021 11:41 am TrichomeJim, CrackBabies, Crispywannabe and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments

Congrats on being the Group Leader for Asteroids..Thanks for donating your time and experience!! Happy growing!!

Life's a garden, dig it, make it work for you.~ JoeDirt
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2021 6:27 pm Oimjr and Alma M liked

Liftoff. 

Cannabis Grow 20210428 054012

Just been under a 50w LED, yet to be watered. Tomorrow she will get some water and I'll take off the translucent container humidity dome. Hope germinating is going well for everybody! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/28/2021 3:04 am love-2-grow, Oimjr and CrackBabies liked

She's going! Watered once, a few ounces with a turkey baster. 78F/~68%RH 

Cannabis Grow 20210506 211135

She is now in the 20x36" tent under a single 86w COB LED @ 12". In the tent: 4" (18w) fan for wind on the seedlings, 4" (14w) duct booster fan (currently dialed back) for extraction, 4L humidifier on an inkbird controller. As she grows I'll turn on the bloom booster on my light, switch fans, turn up the extraction, and turn down the humidity. 

Everyone's journals are looking great! Happy growing 🌱🌱

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 9:26 pm CrackBabies, PakaloloTingz, Oimjr and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments

Hey all! Hope everything is going well. Update from me: A bit of water yesterday (RO w/ a few drops of sea minerals), just a few ounces with a turkey baster. Deep watering with some additives will happen tomorrow. Just keeping the humidifier full, fan on low, and lights on a 20/4 cycle. 

Cannabis Grow 20210514 020120

Cannabis Grow 20210514 020237

Happy growing! 🌿🌿

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/13/2021 11:40 pm CrackBabies, PakaloloTingz, Beefcake and 2 people liked
+ Show 1 comments

Topped a couple days ago and she'll be getting transplanted later today. Watered a couple times, plain water. Also turned on the bloom booster and moved the light up. Hopefully she'll take off soon. 

Cannabis Grow 20210520 132544

Cannabis Grow 20210520 132601

Everyone has some great looking plants and I'm very jealous. Happy growing 🤙

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/21/2021 11:37 am PakaloloTingz, Benjy and CrackBabies liked

It's been too long.. I meant to post this the other day but alas life has been busy. Hope everyone is doing well! I know some of you have harvested plants and others have scrapped some.. lots of ups and downs.

On my end this amnesia haze auto is now in a 7 gallon and is beginning to flower, probably should have transplanted earlier but oh well, she won't be nearly as big as I'd hoped. It's been a bit since I've grown autos and I've never topped or transplanted one so we'll see how much she stretches.

Cannabis Grow 20210528 033233

I'll be feeding and providing a more detailed update with pictures tomorrow or the next. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/31/2021 10:24 pm Oimjr, Beefcake and love-2-grow liked

Hope everyone is well.✌️ Just gave my girl a good watering with some extras.. humics and kelp. She's looking pretty good.. I like the structure of this plant. Pretty warm in the tent.. 84°F/~70RH.

Not sure if I'm gonna set up a more powerful double COB that I have or try to finish with this 135w cob + bloom booster (red, blue, ir) that I have running now. Bit worried about the heat but I could raise it higher for sure.. we'll see how much more she stretches. I forgot how quickly autos go into flower so she's not as big as I intended but otherwise I think she's looking good! No major issues so far.. just another 8 or 9 weeks to go. 

Cannabis Grow 20210606 045926

Thanks everyone for sharing their journey and all its ups and down.

Happy growing! 🪴🔥

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2021 2:48 am Oimjr and love-2-grow liked
+ Show 3 comments

Sorry for the lack of updates.. I feel like I always mean to update and then get distracted by other gardening tasks in my other tent or on my balcony. Anyway, she's coming along pretty well.. no issues really. Other than some ludicrous heat.. but I crank my AC and keep the humidity up so it only hits 87°F or so. Still a bit high but not much else I can do. Just trying to keep the soil moist and the plant happy! I'm definitely liking the 7 gallon pots, they dry out a bit slower than the 5 gallons do which gives me an extra couple days between full waterings. 

Hope everyone is well and surviving all this heat! ☀️🤙

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2021 12:46 pm love-2-grow liked

Picture..

Cannabis Grow 20210608 154740

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2021 12:48 pm Oimjr and love-2-grow liked
Alma M
  Alma M
Reputable Member Group Leader
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Yikes, what a week. Work has been insane and  I've barely had time to maintain my plants much less post about it but here we are.. tent was in the mid 90s today when I checked and the plant has some scorch spots on her leaves. The double COB light may be too much, if I can't get temps down below 90 I'm gonna switch back to the weaker light even if yield is a little less. I knew it would get got but not that bad.. all else is OK. Plant looks healthy otherwise... 

Cannabis Grow 20210619 010716

I've been trying to keep up with everyones journal, I find it much more interesting than updating my own and as such have been neglecting things here but things are chugging along! I'm jealous of some of you guys with beautiful full tents of flowering plants but my girl's still kicking and will hopefully survive til harvest unless I really mess things up. And for everyone who has had to scrap their plants.. it's always tough but it's all part of the process. Until next time ✌️

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/18/2021 11:06 pm smotpoker and Oimjr liked
+ Show 4 comments