Forum

PTGC Architects: Hempy 2: Wrath of Ganj

Page 2 / 2 Prev

8th day from flip and I have pistils on both Black Domina plants.

Also forgot to post pictures of my little party cup slowpokes.  Painkiller XL looks like a weed plant, Euphoria does NOT.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day56.1
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC PC Day26.2
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC PC Day26.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2022 1:57 pm Aotearoa N.Z. N, HappyCultivator, Heyron420 and 2 people liked
+ Show 7 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

14th day of flower today, just shy of 9 weeks total run time.

Main bucket continues to run well and both it and the party cup mainline have pompoms already after showing first pistils on day 8.  Lights up from 500 on flip day to about 700 to start week 3.  Last minute scrop on 5 heads in search of a more level top, the interior is pretty open and I think I'll only have to take 3-4 more leaves to have great airflow in the lower tiers.  I'm really trying to leave as many leaves as possible as a late flower snack.  Went to a wet/dry cycle on the main plant this week letting the new rez go 24 hours and then pouring off what's left and giving it a 24-36 hour dry out period to get a better handle on the root funk before it blows everything up deep into flower.  So far it's been better than I planned, there is enough residual left in the perlite and bottom of the rez that there are no signs of droop even with a day and a half of what seems to be an empty bucket and I'm not getting any odor out of the bucket or pour off anymore.  Decided against drilling a lower hole to cut my rez volume in half just because this way I can still use the full volume later if necessary.  Didn't notice any major improvement with the Grape Seed Extract and didn't try the Grapefruit Seed Extract yet since this wet/dry cycle seems to be doing good things.  In the mail I've got some Flying Skull enzyme potion coming to help eat off whatever goop remains unseen in the bucket.  I do however have my typical post flip spike in pour off EC going on.  My theory is it's because it just had 40% of it's day chopped off and light reduced from 600 to 500.  Next run I'll do a faster and better executed EC reduction to something closer to 60% of the veg EC and work back up as called for when the light intensity ramps up in flower to see how that goes.  Trying not to get stuck reacting is the goal, it happens every time so I don't know why I still get caught by it.

Party cup mainline has sort of plateaued in it's recovery, still loads better than it was but not doing cartwheels either. Nute change hasn't been a magic bullet fore sure.  Little cups are wildly underwhelming, it's possible I just got 2 dud seeds.  They still show no signs of flower. 🙄 

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day62.4
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day62.3
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day62.2
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day62.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/15/2022 5:06 pm HappyCultivator, berkshirebud, Heyron420 and 1 people liked
+ Show 5 comments

Well, no effort if wasted if you learned something, right?

So I changed to my OA nutes last week on the party cups hoping that with a micro nute addition they could be run in hydro but doesn't seem to be the case.  They just aren't suited to hydro, maybe not chelated and need soil bugs to work properly.  Held out as long as I could but they were just getting wrecked so everything is back on the Lotus as of yesterday.  They still look really bad but the leaves at least perked up a bit, color isn't going to ever get better though.  On the plus side they got pistils finally.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC PC Day35.1

The big plant is great,  solid pom poms now on flower day 18 now and the last of the braces and tape are off.  Now the boring part of the grow begins

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day67.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/20/2022 11:31 am Heyron420 and HappyCultivator liked
+ Show 3 comments

Last day of week 4 flower.

Big plant is rapidly undergoing senescence, it started early and it's only been picking up speed.  Fingers crossed I have enough left to finish.

The flowers on the messy mainline cup look kinda cool, they got some color back after getting back on their old nutes and they are getting some purple highlights I don't have at all in the big bucket.   Still looks like crap, just slightly interesting crap.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day76.3
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day76.2
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day76.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/29/2022 4:58 pm HappyCultivator and Heyron420 liked
+ Show 2 comments

Lost all the leaves in the undercarriage at this point and the canopy is only vaguely green still, could be the root funk causing her early fade.  On the plus side the buds look good, plumping fast and I'm getting a bit of purple in the sugars this morning.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day83.4
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day83.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2022 9:27 pm Aotearoa N.Z. N, HappyCultivator, Heyron420 and 1 people liked
+ Show 3 comments

End of 6 weeks of flower.  Got my big bucket root rot dealt with I think but mail it to 4 weeks ago when it would have mattered.  Party cup mainline is both a shitshow and beautiful at the same time, really wish I hadn't tried the nute change.  My other party cups are fine but they won't amount to a gram apiece I think.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day90.3
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day89.1
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day86.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2022 5:40 pm Tropa, HappyCultivator and Heyron420 liked
+ Show 6 comments

7 down...2 to go?

Maybe less, I dunno.  It's going purple with a quickness and the green is fading fast yet still getting new white pistils and some of the recent bulk looks more like foxtail than I care for so I'm hoping thats just transitory and not the ghost of root rot past.   Mostly I just spend these boring weeks of flower thinking about next run and how to mod the buckets so that I avoid both last run algae ph problems and this run root rot pain and edge closer to nirvana.

Pretty sure my side challenge plant harvest is going to amount to removing them from tent, throwing in the compost.  While very pretty purple flowers the mainline black domina party cup doesn't have enough bud mass to bother trimming and the really little party cups look like they need another 5 weeks.  Even I'm not foolish enough to run another tent to finish off 2, 1 gram plants.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day97.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/19/2022 8:37 pm Heyron420 liked
+ Show 1 comments

8 weeks

Not finished, not surprised.  My best guess is 10-14 days from now.  I think most breeders count time from pistils vs flip, their estimates are always at least a week fast.   Leaves are pretty and it's not super crispy but the foxtailing continues as well.  Just want it to finish, flower bores me to tears.

Might actually get a bowls worth of buds from my teeny CBD plants and the buds on the little mainline are plumping a bit but I'm still not going to bother trimming it.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC PC Day104.1
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day104.1
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day102.1
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day104.2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/26/2022 3:21 pm TheInsideDope, Heyron420, KeystoneCops and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments

Day 61 of flower

Well as luck would have it Dec 4th was my pre start guestimate for a harvest date and I'm going to hit it right on the screws.  I'd actually planned on going to about Tuesday or Wednesday next week based on my trichs but I found nanners today.  They just showed up but they are pervasive, on at least 5 colas right now, however if I chop on Sunday which is the soonest I can due to other obligations they won't have any time to do anything.   Could have been from going a bit longer than she wanted but my money is on stress from root rot that never quite went away or a bit of both.

I mostly wanted to drag out flower another week from now to let the 2 party cup CBD plants ripen a bit more but it is what it is, not gonna screw up 3 ounces of fire to make 3 grams of folly a teeny bit less crappy.  The trichs on the main plant aren't bad but I like a bit more amber in my life.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day108.2
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BD Day108.1
Cannabis Grow nanners
Cannabis Grow day109trichs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2022 6:56 pm TheInsideDope and KeystoneCops liked
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Wasn't planning on chopping today, time constraint meant it was a very quick and dirty one.  However this morning  at lights on I *finally* knocked over my 3 party cup plants like I feared I would do all run and there was no putting the pieces back together in the perlite cups.   

Wet trimmed all the fans and crispy tips on the big bucket Black Domina and did a whole plant hang.  The bucket ball looks like a good solid brick after brushing away the loose hydroton but I haven't pulled it out of the bucket yet to see the rot.  Not guessing on the yield at all, plant felt heavy but it's full of water since the unplanned chop meant no dry cycle.

Bit surprised how much actual bud density there was on the 2 CBD party cup plants, they looked really pathetic and like mostly sugar leaves but there might be a couple bong hits in each one.  They both had a decent amount of roots way down in the cup right above the rez but without a cube there wasn't much structure up top to secure them which is why they never looked solid and it all fell apart when pulled out.  The Black Domina party cup with a cube had a great root ball and the whole cup was bound up tight, the brown in the picture isn't rot, it's from the nasty Lotus flush stuff.   Had I not done the switch to try the Organics Alive nutes in hydro and torched the leaves I think it could have been a nice plant.  7 weeks of veg is kind of much in an 18oz cup though.  Once wet trimmed of all the crispy leaves the buds were better than I expected, I was on the fence about just composting the whole thing.  If these kefir bottles were cut a bit higher to allow a bit more root mass and keep the starter cube from wicking the reservoir they would be pretty good pots for like a sea of green.  The straight to perlite experiment showed that while it totally works it actually takes much longer to get going and is so wobbly that I don't see any benefit to doing it.

On to the next round and the hopes of more triumphs than tragedy.  Just have to keep my "lets see what will happen" on a tighter leash with the side project plants this time.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC PC Day110.4
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC PC Day110.3
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BDMeasurements

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2022 6:10 pm Heyron420, TheInsideDope, HappyCultivator and 1 people liked
+ Show 4 comments
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

The comedy cups got trimmed yesterday and the main plant today.  Got 8 grams off the mainline party cup creature, 1.95 from Painkiller and a stupefying 1.25 on the Euphoria.  The CBD plants just don't look cooked enough to be a fair sample of how they'll be,  they probably needed another week.  On the fence if I'll bother trying the little domina when I have more of same thing that came out 50x better.

Main Black Domina came in at 68 grams...and then I found the 16th cola I'd left in the tent 3 hours later so make that 74 grams.   My guess was 2.5 to 3 so 2.6 makes me happy enough, it's still an ounce and a half more than I need till my next run is done.

The root brick was impressive but there was still some rot in the middle cause I could smell it.  Hoping my new bucket system will fix that glitch.

Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BDRootball2
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BDnug
Cannabis Grow 2022PTGC BDFinalharvest

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2022 3:28 pm Heyron420 and JordanJ liked
+ Show 5 comments
Page 2 / 2 Prev