Forum

SAFC 4x4 Grow Tents: My First Challenge

Clowndog69
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Hello all! I’ve been growing for about two years. I have only grown autos in coco. I’ve had mix success and look forward to collaborating with all of you. 
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/13/2023 6:32 pm Soil Sheppard, CelestialPneuma, PuffyD and 2 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

Just dropped two Walter White and 2 SODK wet paper towels on a heating mat. 

4/20/23 2:45 AM. 

good luck all

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/20/2023 12:16 am Soil Sheppard and PuffyD liked
+ Show 1 comments
Clowndog69
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

I picked these strains based on size and time mainly. I wanted some larger plants that needed to test my skills with training and wanted to see what was possible from a 4x4. I think this one is going to be challenging with keeping up with the girls and knowing how to use LST, topping, lollipopping, super cropping and selective defoliation. 

walter white:

Walter White is a character; she can start growing a little slowly and oddly during the first 10 days, but after week 2 from sprout she normalises and goes hell for leather with lots of vigour. She’s a hybrid sitting in the middle of the indica/sativa spectrum. Walter White will grow tall and wide if allowed with decent levels of stretch and multiple main colas. Walter is a versatile strain, and will lend itself to many styles of growing and handle various training techniques without a problem. She takes a little longer to really put on heavy flower mass, and finishing times are at the longer end of the catalogue, but the results are totally worth the wait. She ticks all the boxes for flower density/bag appeal and is supremely photogenic. A sight for sore eyes. The smoke is yummy, a unique creamy citrus to hazey taste, the effect is an active one where you can concentrate on tasks and remain functional despite being thoroughly high. She performs well in all scenarios, indoor or outdoor, balcony, deck or greenhouse.

SODK:

Like our other sativa dominant strains, she begins life looking pretty indica and innocent, but once past the seedling stage, she excels and explodes in upwards and outwards growth. SODK typically grows with a waxy deep green sheen to the leaves and sturdy branches. She produces a very thick main cola, and multiple large secondary colas of flowers very heavy with resin on both the leaves and flower clusters. She's incredibly more-ish both to grow and smoke. Customers have seen over 7oz per plant in good conditions. She can shoot past 120cm tall, and will definitely appreciate a big pot and training. A 5 gallon/19 Liter pot will really let the SODK stretch her legs and result in a heavy plant. She is another good choice for outdoors.

Cannabis Grow 00970539 EA4B 40A4 A156 12A1A6532E1B
Cannabis Grow 1FE19991 4921 4201 A905 B33F87C1610D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/20/2023 10:50 am Soil Sheppard, CelestialPneuma, Hazmat.soldier and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Clowndog69
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
I may have fried them.
I may have fried them.

So this was my first time with a heating mat and I may have fried the bottom ones. The temp inside my seed tray where I have my seed in a ziplock bag in a wet pt was 95 degrees. I also haven’t seen much change in the Walter White seeds in 12 hours. I’ll check on them this time tomorrow and if they look the same I’ll restart some more. I did have some success with the SODK, so I put one in a jiffy!

Cannabis Grow ABB2107B 5175 483A 9DC0 83302C5ED7DB
Cannabis Grow 120E3C4D 40D5 4BFB BA01 C3CC869CC488
Cannabis Grow 4254D2BC A411 4D8D A74B E381AC630930

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/21/2023 10:09 pm Soil Sheppard, CelestialPneuma and PuffyD liked

So I dropped 1 more SODK and 2 WW. This thing I dropped them in cups of filtered water. They are on the heating pad set at 83 deg. 
4/22 4:07 pm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/22/2023 1:07 pm Soil Sheppard, PuffyD, CelestialPneuma and 1 people liked

So I dropped 1 more SODK and 2 WW. This thing I dropped them in cups of filtered water. They are on the heating pad set at 83 deg. 
4/22 4:07 pm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/22/2023 1:07 pm Soil Sheppard, PuffyD, CelestialPneuma and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments

So it’s been a long hard journey to get to this point. I have one from the original seed drop on 4/20. One WW and one SODK from the next drop 4/23. I dropped two more freebies on 4/26. Those two are doing great. With these last two I sprouted in RO water and then into pint coco containers. My water is reading .65 out of the tap so I won’t be using that anymore to germinate. Also I learned that I am horrible at not overwatering in jiffy pellets. 

my dilemma now is I have 5 plants and only normally grow 4. I want to keep them all so we’ll see what I can come up with. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 8047
Cannabis Grow IMG 8048

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/17/2023 1:59 pm Soil Sheppard, PuffyD and DEEBOOF liked

I checked my runoff today and everything is looking good. I’m feeding them 1.2 EC @6.2 ph twice a day and running about 600 PPFD. They are seem happy and hope I can veg out in size before they flip. I’m really considering running my lung room as my grow room and doing 8 plants vs 4. I have the lights and just need to modify the room with reflective walls a waterproof basin and more drains.

Cannabis Grow IMG 8057
Cannabis Grow IMG 8059

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/18/2023 5:03 pm Soil Sheppard, DEEBOOF and PuffyD liked

I’m so happy to see a lot of healthy autos in this challenge. Mine are super slow and we’re not happy for a few weeks to start. Here’s some pics of the girls 👧 . Let’s hope for a few more weeks of veg before flower 🌸 

Cannabis Grow IMG 8127
Cannabis Grow IMG 8125
Cannabis Grow IMG 8128
Cannabis Grow IMG 8129

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/24/2023 10:15 am Soil Sheppard, PuffyD and DEEBOOF liked
+ Show 2 comments

So they are showing sex. Normally my plants are much bigger at this point. I want to up pot. What do you guys think? Is it even worth trying to up pot?

Cannabis Grow IMG 8150

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/25/2023 6:04 pm Soil Sheppard and PuffyD liked

It’s been too long since I posted but all of my plants are doing good. I have some decent nute burn or lockout with one but it’s a freebie and may be a light eater compared to the others. Overall I’m  happy with the what I have been able to do with such a slow start they never were going to be large.

Cannabis Grow IMG 8511
Cannabis Grow IMG 8510
Cannabis Grow IMG 8509
Cannabis Grow IMG 8508

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/06/2023 8:07 pm Soil Sheppard and PuffyD liked